By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you getting Modern Warfare 3?

Tagged games:

Are you getting MW3?

Yes 165 54.10%

No 140 45.90%

Total:305
NobleTeam360 said:
yo_john117 said:
I'm not sure yet. I was planning on it but that "Elite" membership seems bullshit and it seems you are at a disadvantage in the MP if you don't have it.

yeah, the only thing i think that they get that is a sell point is maps earlier otherwise it's a complete wast of money. Maybe if the price was $20 per year or something like that i would consider buying it, but at $50 its not worth it.

Someone told me that Elite subscribers get better guns and perks. Is that true?

Around the Network

yes, you get your money worth with cod games with co-op, multiplayer, campaign and spec ops.

Now playing: Mortal Kombat, Resistance 1 and 2

Buying next: Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, MW3

themanwithnoname said:
Does the Spec Ops mode allow for more than two people? I'm hoping there's something similar to Zombies or Combat Training on Black Ops.

no spec ops is only two players. which is annoying :(

Now playing: Mortal Kombat, Resistance 1 and 2

Buying next: Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, MW3

yo_john117 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
yo_john117 said:
I'm not sure yet. I was planning on it but that "Elite" membership seems bullshit and it seems you are at a disadvantage in the MP if you don't have it.

yeah, the only thing i think that they get that is a sell point is maps earlier otherwise it's a complete wast of money. Maybe if the price was $20 per year or something like that i would consider buying it, but at $50 its not worth it.

No and day 1 for me

Nope, Modern warfare 2 was good but it was still really disappointing to me since my expectations were very high because of cod4/5, it didn't reach them, Bad company 2 did and became my multiplayer of choice. Then black ops came out, I borrowed it off a friend and again, it was good, but all I ever played was zombie mode and my multiplayer game of choice was still Bad company 2 and I bought the Vietnam pack instead of black ops. Now modern warfare 3 is coming out, I don't have high expectations any more, it doesn't look that good to me, I'm loving battlefield 3 and I'd rather spend my money on other games.

Around the Network

Yes.

I think the single player is always epic and well scripted, the gameplay and precision is unrivalled and its multiplayer is, in my opinion, the best out there.

The real question is when I will get it and on what platform.

No, MW2 pissed me off too much. The story makes no sense, and before anyone jumps on and says but "COD is for the online". Bull. I buy games for the whole package not just the online. Spec Ops mode sucks, its real exciting to play the exact same levels i played in SP campaign, it really is. I doubt the online will be a big improvement over the one in BLOPS, so I will be sticking to Blops for my COD run and gun fun.

yo_john117 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
yo_john117 said:

It seems you have been misinformed or lied to. But then again most people never really care about reading or listening, just blindly hating what they want to hate.

As for those who have COD Elite, they will get all the map packs included in the subscription, but whatever dlc that they get will also be available to the general public to buy (its just that buying elite is a cheaper way of getting the dlc than buying individually). Also they will be getting dlc at a monthly regular basis while those who don't have elite will get it quarterly (or just not in a regular manner). Also those who have elite will be able to participate in competitions with real prizes as well as participate in clan competitive competitions. Finally I believe they will also have access to some shows made by Hollywood stars and have longer HD video recording capabilities.

All other features of elite are FREE to everyone, and there's too  many to state so I'll leave it up to you to research it if you want to. As you can see, none of the above features will give any players with Elite an advantage over another non-elite player, just that it is a nice package for those who want to play competitively or are interested in making youtube videos, etc.

Finally to answer the question, I CAN'T WAIT FOR MW3, BRING IT ON YEAH.

I think it so funny that in the poll the yes answers are 2/1 to the no answers while people that do not like the game come in and tell us it is a crap game by 2/1. Don't be angry guys when this game sells about as good as black ops. Then at least you have something to still hate on.

oniyide said:
No, MW2 pissed me off too much. The story makes no sense, and before anyone jumps on and says but "COD is for the online". Bull. I buy games for the whole package not just the online. Spec Ops mode sucks, its real exciting to play the exact same levels i played in SP campaign, it really is. I doubt the online will be a big improvement over the one in BLOPS, so I will be sticking to Blops for my COD run and gun fun.

There was a story? wow