By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you getting Modern Warfare 3?

Tagged games:

Are you getting MW3?

Yes 165 54.10%

No 140 45.90%

Total:305
RolStoppable said:
No, I won't get it. The reason being that I am older than 15.

this

Around the Network
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:

this

It is only funny when Rol does it because many know his real intent.

chocoloco said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:

this

but I wasn't being funny........

goforgold said:
chocoloco said:
goforgold said:
RolStoppable said:

this

but I wasn't being funny........

That is okay Rol was.

No way, Modern Warfare, MW 2 and Black Ops were practically the same game and did little to nothing to improve upon the recipe. The only changes they're making are even more action and even less depth for "broader appeal".
As for the multiplayer aspect; why would I need this when I have BF3?

I think the term "broader appeal" or "reach out to a bigger audience" is now officially the worst things this generation has brought (for my part) and titles like MW3 epitomize these terms.

Around the Network

Nope, I got MW2 and Black Ops and really have no urge to get another.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

chocoloco said:

Don't be angry guys when this game sells about as good as black ops.

I'm really just not so sure that it will, though.  Battlefield has really gained a lot of popularity, which would lead me to believe that there will be quite a bit of people who switch over to that due to hype, etc.  On top of that, a lot of people (myself included), are finally just sick and tired of the whole entire military shooter year after year after year.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

UltimateUnknown said:
yo_john117 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
yo_john117 said:
I'm not sure yet. I was planning on it but that "Elite" membership seems bullshit and it seems you are at a disadvantage in the MP if you don't have it.

yeah, the only thing i think that they get that is a sell point is maps earlier otherwise it's a complete wast of money. Maybe if the price was $20 per year or something like that i would consider buying it, but at $50 its not worth it.

Someone told me that Elite subscribers get better guns and perks. Is that true?

It seems you have been misinformed or lied to. But then again most people never really care about reading or listening, just blindly hating what they want to hate.

As for those who have COD Elite, they will get all the map packs included in the subscription, but whatever dlc that they get will also be available to the general public to buy (its just that buying elite is a cheaper way of getting the dlc than buying individually). Also they will be getting dlc at a monthly regular basis while those who don't have elite will get it quarterly (or just not in a regular manner). Also those who have elite will be able to participate in competitions with real prizes as well as participate in clan competitive competitions. Finally I believe they will also have access to some shows made by Hollywood stars and have longer HD video recording capabilities.

All other features of elite are FREE to everyone, and there's too  many to state so I'll leave it up to you to research it if you want to. As you can see, none of the above features will give any players with Elite an advantage over another non-elite player, just that it is a nice package for those who want to play competitively or are interested in making youtube videos, etc.

Finally to answer the question, I CAN'T WAIT FOR MW3, BRING IT ON YEAH.

Well the person who told me that is an avid MW2 fan so I was inclined to believe him...he probably had a bad source though.

Baalzamon said:
chocoloco said:

Don't be angry guys when this game sells about as good as black ops.

I'm really just not so sure that it will, though.  Battlefield has really gained a lot of popularity, which would lead me to believe that there will be quite a bit of people who switch over to that due to hype, etc.  On top of that, a lot of people (myself included), are finally just sick and tired of the whole entire military shooter year after year after year.

That is true, but many people especially people on this site play many games so just because one game gains fans does not mean the other will lose them. That is too simplistic thinking saying that item B is similar to item A. Item B gains poularity so therefore item A will lose popularity. That would only be true if a finite amount of people were buying either COD or Battlefield. COD gains new fans all the time due to hype. It also loses fans, but so far the series has done nothing , but gain more new fans than losing them. It may gain only part time gamers, but in the end that means nothing to profit and popularity.

COD has a ton of mainstream hype, while I see little mainstream hype for Battlefield 3.

Battlefield has far more hype among gaming sites and hardcore gamers, however we all know there are far far more casual gamers who only 1-2 games a year and what do they buy COD.

Also about beating Black Ops, we said the same for that game.

Also remember COD sell really well up till spring unlike hardcore games like Gears of War 3.