By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Top Movies of the 80's elimination thread! Big Trouble in Little China and Die Hard tied for first place! Sudden death?

+Das Boot
- Stripes

Around the Network

+Evil Dead 2
-Private Benjamin

spurgeonryan said:

Anyone want to message me the movies that are not here so we can have the quick bonus round when it is all over and be done with the 80's forever?

I have a bunch in my head that I want to be in the last round, but I get more and more each day that I remember or see.

The Goonies for sure, blade Runner, The Thing, They Live, etc.

You definitely have to include "The Princess Bride".  Love that movie!

+ The Untouchables
- Three Men and a Baby

spurgeonryan said:
Chris Hu said:
+Evil Dead 2
-Private Benjamin

You took care of Private Benjamin as well! Going fast now! Thanks for the votes everyone!

Anyone want to message me the movies that are not here so we can have the quick bonus round when it is all over and be done with the 80's forever?

I have a bunch in my head that I want to be in the last round, but I get more and more each day that I remember or see.

The Goonies for sure, blade Runner, The Thing, They Live, etc.

Was Escape from New York that decade? Well if you want a movie in the final bonus round just make sure you message it to me before we get to the final five in this game. I will post this in the OP as we get closer to the end.

Do you guys think it should be a whole new set of voting or should we just say which ever movie gets the most votes in a week wins?

Predator, Gandhi, Scarface, Stand By Me, Cinema Paradiso, The Last Emperor, Sex, lies, and videotape.

Around the Network

Not sure about how to handle the bonus round; maybe straight elimination for a while to dwindle down the shows and then turn the voting on its head near the end?

+ Star Trek 2
- Coal Miner's Daughter

+Gremlins

-The Color Purple (KO?)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yes, I've seen the thread about the new Gremlins game... and I guess it's OK for little kids.

Oh, and another movie you could add is "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids".

Just as a note, if you want to add all the movies suggested, you could end with 40 or 50, which would be too many. If that's the case, you could consider stopping this thread when there are 10-15 movies, start another one (part 2) with the new ones and then do a final round with the 10-15 survivors of this thread and another 10-15 from the second one.

Just my 2cents.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

spurgeonryan said:

Honey, I shrunk the kids was one of the first to go.

Woops! My bad. I didn't notice it.

+ Aliens
- Back to School