By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Top Movies of the 80's elimination thread! Big Trouble in Little China and Die Hard tied for first place! Sudden death?

+ Das Boot
- The Little Mermaid

Around the Network

+ Gremlins
- Three Men and a Baby

I sense a significant lack of Hockey mask wearing, physically disfigured serial killer in this list.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

+Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

-An Officer and a Gentleman

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

spurgeonryan said:
Euphoria14 said:
I sense a significant lack of Hockey mask wearing, physically disfigured serial killer in this list.

You are very right! But there are like 300 good to mediocre movies from the 80's. That is why there is a bonus round. The sooner we get too it, the sooner we can finally figure out which is truely the greatest 80's movie of all time!

I do not accept that answer. In the 80's we had (8) Friday The 13th movies. It should have had a real good shot at being on that list.

How many of the titles on that list are franchises that are still alive and kicking 30 years later?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Euphoria14 said:

You are very right! But there are like 300 good to mediocre movies from the 80's. That is why there is a bonus round. The sooner we get too it, the sooner we can finally figure out which is truely the greatest 80's movie of all time!

I do not accept that answer. In the 80's we had (8) Friday The 13th movies. It should have had a real good shot at being on that list.

How many of the titles on that list are franchises that are still alive and kicking 30 years later?

We also had 5 or 6 "A Nightmare On Elm Street" movies in the 80's yet not even one is on the list.

And I don't say this to start a war about which movie/killers are better (mainly because I don't like horror movies)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

+ The abyss
- 9 to 5

+ Rain Man
- The Karate Kid

+Raiders of the Lost Ark
-Platoon

+ Raiders
- Back to School