Netrual 11 9.57%

Wow they learned their lesson! :) 16 13.91%

I don't want them to succeed.......... 9 7.83%

Total:115
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
I am not sure if they are doomed.

I hope they have a huge lineup! Don't just leave it as a few good games. We need Polemon online, Mario, wii sports 3, and some good third party games! And more as the months go by!

if Ninty can bring sme Kirby, Pokemon, Kirby, new ip, Kirby, and some classic nastalgia! then i'm in like flin.

oh did i mention Kirby? lots and lots of Kirby!

plenty of kirby action on the wii, so where have you been for this system?

i've been playing SSBB with Kirby!

Around the Network

Nintendo should do something epic, like buy out Sega, Bandai-Namco. Yeah...

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

If Wii Sports wasn't bundled with the Wii it wouldn't have been half the success it was. So they will bundle a cutting edge game with the Wii U that makes great use out of the new control and everyone will go totally gaga for the console! Just like Wii Sports did for the Wii.

I reckon the game will be some mad family kinda party game where everyone sits around the control or some shit like that.

TakeMeToTheHospital said:
If Wii Sports wasn't bundled with the Wii it wouldn't have been half the success it was. So they will bundle a cutting edge game with the Wii U that makes great use out of the new control and everyone will go totally gaga for the console! Just like Wii Sports did for the Wii.

I reckon the game will be some mad family kinda party game where everyone sits around the control or some shit like that.

WiiU Dance.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
I am not sure if they are doomed.

I hope they have a huge lineup! Don't just leave it as a few good games. We need Polemon online, Mario, wii sports 3, and some good third party games! And more as the months go by!

if Ninty can bring sme Kirby, Pokemon, Kirby, new ip, Kirby, and some classic nastalgia! then i'm in like flin.

oh did i mention Kirby? lots and lots of Kirby!

plenty of kirby action on the wii, so where have you been for this system?

i've been playing SSBB with Kirby!

I really thought someone had actually quoted me other than you. I usually play with link on SSBB

nope only me. why would anyone else quote you. screw link. that cheap bastard can eat a d... thats why i beat the batshit out of him with Ike then Zelda then Kirby.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo only needs to do 2 things to have a successful launch:
1. Wii U sports packed in.
2. Xenoblade and Last Story HD compilation available at launch.

That should be good enough for a couple months.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Desperate Nintendo is the be(a)st.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Joelcool7 said:

I am not convinced that Nintendo has put in enough effort to make WiiU a success. Traditionally Nintendo has lacked a strong first party presence at launch and I view that as a major mistake. Nintendo ever since N64 has put such a huge emphasis on giving third parties a chance to sell their software without competing with Nintendo's own.

Yes Nintendo's software out guns third parties big time. But by sitting by and letting third parties launch your platform your in big trouble. Why? Because third parties are not reliable look at 3DS other then Street Fighter was their a single A+ game from a third party? Let alone an AAA game? Some may consider GhostRecon and DOA A+ games however neither were actually the highest quality. GhostRecon was built cheaply it looked like a GBA game in 3D. Pixelated crap with low textures and honestly while pretty fun you could tell UbiSoft cut corners. Fact is nobody has released an actual very high quality game on 3DS.

3DS suffered largely due to lack of high quality software. In the end if their aren't any high quality titles available people won't buy the hardware. If people don't buy the hardware they won't buy the third party software either. With WiiU it appears yet again that Nintendo is relying entirely on third parties to launch the hardware, having only mentioned 3 first party titles during the whole E3 conference and of those three only one is actually deep in development to our knowledge (Pikmin3).

In fact I think Nintendo is screwed software wise. They couldn't do any better however without expanding. They couldn't cease all Wii development in favor of WiiU because then Wii wouldn't sell this holiday season and with Nintendo losing money to 3DS Nintendo needs the Wii hardware sales to keep it afloat. But they also had to support 3DS in a big way the lack of software was killing the platform and Nintendo had to divert a lot of assets to 3DS software development. Throw in a few DS titles and you'll notice they have very little assets left.

Nintendo at best could have 5 or so first party titles in the works for WiiU. I expect 2 or so within the launch window which is very bad. I don't think Nintendo has the resources to bring us more then 5 games within the launch window let alone launch day. They are relying almost entirely on third parties to sell the WiiU. This is bad because while UbiSoft announced an exclusive and other publishers have publicly said they will have software available none of the third parties are likely to offer a solid A+ exclusive. Without a third party A+ exclusive will Nintendo's 2 or so launch titles have what it takes to sell the system. One of the launch titles is likely going to be Pikmin3 but that title does not have what it takes to push the WiiU hardware.

I still think the only way for Nintendo to sell nearly as many hardware units as last generation and see anywhere near the financial success is if they expand. Nintendo hasn't made huge expansions in years despite all the financial growth they didn't grow the company. To support those kinds of finances you need the infrastructure and Nintendo doesn't have that infrastructure. They can't support 4 platforms at once with their current resources.

I think Nintendo needs an additional 3-4 internal studios whether acquired or built from the ground up. They also need to liscense out some of their properties to other developers. This would enable them to have adequate first party software on the platform. Nintendo also needs to stop worrying about their first party software dominating the third party software, it is inevitable and holding off only hurts hardware sales which in turn effect third party software sales as well. In fact competition brings up quality and if third parties know the WiiU is a good platform and will sell a lot of software they will increase the quality of their software to compete!

I actually disagree with you. I think Nintendo has been working hard Wii U's launch, and even moreso since the 3ds' failure to launch. I'm gona try to be as factual as I can, but in the end I'm assuming a lot of things.

The first thing is that if you look at what we know so far, Nintendo has been handing out developer kits for what, 2 years? Maibe more? In any case, you know they were almost undoubtably the first ones to start working on new games.

Next and more importantly is what they've already revealed about their developers. For starters, we know both Retro Studios and Monolith Soft are working on Wii U games. Also, both developers have finished their last game quite some time ago, about a year ago in Retro's case when they released Donkey Kong Country, and say a year and a half for Monolith when they finished Xenoblade. Assuming that they had already started some work before the actual day the games were released, that gives both publishers at least over a year of a head start, and still about another year to go before Wii U launches. In that respect, we can assume that both games are probably destined for the launch window. So that gives us two games to start.

Next if we look at Nintendo's in-house developers, and if we can trust Wikipedia as to which Studio is behind which game, I guess we can kind of assume a couple more things. EAD 1 has recently finished working on Nintendogs+Cats and is currently working on Mario Kart 7. That's 2 games for 1 studio, so I think we can safely cross them out of the picture for any Wii U launch games. But if you look at EAD 2, ( link to the Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_EAD ) the release dates of their last few games are: 2005, 2006, 2006, 2006, 2008, 2008, 2009. But then notice that you've got one group of games released very close to each other (2005 - 2006 - 2006 - 2006), and then two years later another cluster of games (2008 - 2008 - 2009). What I'm trying to point out by this is that they seem to cycle releases every 2 years or so. It looks like the 2005 and the 3 2006 games were in production at the same time, then the 2 2008 and the 2009 game as well. It seems that they cycle their clusters of games, but ALSO that they are capable of working on more then 1 game at a time. In fact, if I'm right, then they handle 3-4 games at once, and for all we know thus far, the only game announced from EAD 2 is Animal Crossing. So I'm willing to bet they've got another game, if not more then one, also in production. And since the cycle is 2 years off in between releases, that none of their games will be released in 2011 and that Wii U launches next year... maibe they're working on something too. And considering the likelihood of the Wii U launching with Wii U Sports (bundled or not), we have more reason to think they are indeed working on Wii U games. Again, this one is a stretch... And I'm not gona bore you with a bunch of dates again, but if you look at EAD 4, they also seem to be capable of working on many games at once AND they haven't released anything in two years. But we already know we're getting Pikmin 3 from them, so at least one of their games are garanteed Wii U launch window. So say we have 4 Wii U games now if we add Pikmin 3 and Wii U Sports.

Now comes what Nintendo has already confirmed. Pikmin 3 was the first one, but we also have heard that a Wii U Fit and Zelda Wii U are already in the process of being made. But considering EAD 3 have just finished with 2 Zelda titles (Ocarina of Time 3d and Skyward Sword), and EAD 5, responsible for the Wii U games, have themselves finished with Star Fox 64 3D and Steel Diver, then I don't think we can properly estimate how far along they are with these games nor how much longer till they launch. Finally, after the 3ds' screw up, Nintendo said they wouldn't launch without a major. So yes they could be refering to Zelda (unlikely) or some Wii branded game (almost a given), they most probably mean something Mario. And not just some Mario spin-off, but either Mario Kart, Mario 2d or Mario 3d. Which leads me to believe that EAD Tokyo, which haven't released anything major since 2007, probably have much to do with this. However, the chances of this being Super Mario Bros Mii are also pretty high. Regardless, including a Mario title, we get 5 games.

I believe the chances that any other first party developper has anything in store for the Wii U's launch window are very slim. We've got Brownie Brown working on Fantasy Life, HaL that have very recently spawned 2 Kirby titles, Intelligent Systems is working on Paper Mario 3d and Fire Emblem 3d and Nd Cube most likely working on Mario Party 9. Sora on the other hand is almost done working on Kid Icarus Uprising, and WILL get started on Super Smash Bros for Wii U, but this will obviously take a very long time. Concerning the second party studios, Creatures Inc, Camelot, Game Freak, Next Level Games and Syn Sophia are all already busy, so any hope of seeing a second party Wii U title basically comes from eiter Arika, Good-Feel, Grezzo or Skip. But with rumours of Endless Ocean 3 lurking about, this isn't entirely out of the picture. On top of this we've heard of Shigeru Miamoto talking about himself creating a new IP for the Wii U, and we've also heard that Eiji Aonuma will also be creating his own IP, but the later is not necessarily going to be on the Wii U, nor is it necessarily real at this point (the Begend of Belda sounds very fishy to me). Finally (for real this time...).

I'm sorry for the length, but I think it was necessary for me to prove my point. I do think Nintendo is kicking it into high gear for the next home console, and they should. With the future of the 3ds still uncertain, if Nintendo fails to deliver with the Wii U, then they as a company will be in much greater trouble then they are now, probably then they ever were. So I do believe that, with EAD 2, 3, 4, 5 and Tokyo, as well as Retro and Monolith and soon Sora backing up the Wii U, the launch seems like it's on the right track.

Since it will launch post 2012 E3 Nintendo will loose a lot of its momentum with the Wii U. I expect either MS or Sony and maybe both to reveal their next console at the next E3.

Well, as long as it's a better launch than the 3DS...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger