By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When you hear 'Nintendo' what's the first thing that comes to mind?

The colour red for some weird reason.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

It looks like you felt the "safe" word as an attack. hmm, interesting.

What are you a shrink or something?

As a matter of fact I have a bachelor's degree in Industrial Psychology, and I also do Captain Obvious' vacations during holidays. :P

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
Roma said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Roma said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Safe, doing it safe.

Lol out of the three Nintendo is the one that takes most risks!

When I hear Nintendo I think of Do0m3ed!!

Dumping down tech advancements to remain in profit. Rehashing the same franchises over and over again without coming with new IPs. Not daring to make a non-family oriented game since Eternal Darkness.

They haven't gone safe all the time, but that is what came to my mind first.

If you want too stay long in the business you need too think smart and if safe is what keeps you alive then so be it. But sometimes too stay alive you need to do new things and that’s what Nintendo does and everybody seems to copy them in the end. Now I am not saying they invented everything they have in consoles but they sure were the first too a lot of things and many of them are standards now.

Someone who does not take risks doesn’t create new ways too play games, they stay the same or wait for others too take the risks for them and then copies them!

And anybody calling Nintendo games rehashes has either not played them or is just plain ignorant or a fanboy. If you are only thinking about the part “oh the princess has been kidnapped again” then you clearly look at games in a shallow way.

If Nintendo games were only rehashes they would not have lasted for over 25 years. Games that play the same are those that go under. What games out there are as old and still fresh as some of the Nintendo games?

It looks like you felt the "safe" word as an attack. hmm, interesting.

Nintendo has done some great bussiness maneuvers, and some bad ones as is the case of the other big one (Microsoft has) and the Omnipotent Sony.

I play Nintendo games and I call them rehashes because they are. Games in Sony's field are also part of this because a sequel's innovation doesn't go always beyond a new feature or character movement in a game. But Sony creates new IPs, and even Micro does as well and a lot of Nintendo gamers tend to pretend that Nintendo innovates at every step when that is as false as Pamela Anderson's breasts.

Before I played Mario DS my mother was playing it. When she couldn't do something I told her what to do based in what I knew from Mario 1-3 and World and it was enough.

The bolded is completely false. In this post-modern times what is being pushed is the copy of the copy of the copy. You can see this reflected in the creativity displayed in popular movies and music. Nintendo's main demographic is refreshed every new generation. My little niece hasn't played Mario 3 or Mario 64 so NSMBW and Galaxy look new and shinny to her.

Not an attack but as something very opposite of what Nintendo does Its like they never take risks, that’s why I “attacked” you lol

Lets take Mario out of Galaxy and you have fresh take on a platformer but because Mario is in it only your niece and the people who haven’t played past games sees it as fresh! Yeah ok lol

Well anyone who doesn’t normally play game won’t know what too expect. I can play a new IP and be able to figure out how to do things I don’t know what you’re trying to get at with your mother playing Mario. :P

Not many games get a drastic make over or gameplay changes as Zelda and Mario games do. MM is different than OoT and WW is different than MM but TP went back too being more like OoT because fans wanted it to be more like it.

Sure 2d Mario games don’t get much changed but the fans love them anyway so why not make more? If I came and gave you one million would you say no thanks keep it? If Sony or MS had Mario they would release 3-5 games every generation and I am of course talking about the main games not the spinoffs.

Sure it’s easy to get new IPs when you buy a bunch of new developers now and then and Sony is smart in doing so as they really don’t have many big games that sell past 3m.

Nintendo has lots of new franchises too just nothing that appeals to you and therefore you chose not too see them. Some of them don’t even make it out of Japan but they still exist.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

depressed guys refusing to let go of the past and think that everything in the 90's are better than the "crap" kids have today.

Around the Network

Donkey Kong

Quality

Conservativeness (a bit too much somtimes)

and a terrible online service

Doooooooooooomm!!!!! XD

No, but seriously, this comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfkcI8dhfsQ

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Mario Kart

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

metroid
zelda
sellouts
motion controll