By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When you hear 'Nintendo' what's the first thing that comes to mind?

miz1q2w3e said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Roma said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Safe, doing it safe.

Lol out of the three Nintendo is the one that takes most risks! 

When I hear Nintendo I think of Do0m3ed!!

Dumping down tech advancements to remain in profit. Rehashing the same franchises over and over again without coming with new IPs. Not daring to make a non-family oriented game since Eternal Darkness.

They haven't gone safe all the time, but that is what came to my mind first.

They may take it "safe" a lot of the time, especially when it comes to making M-rated titles and online gaming... But I agree with Roma, they're the biggest risk takers/innovators out of the big three

But it is the first thing that came to mind for you, I feel kinda silly arguing :p

The thing is that innovation is not necessarily "riks" in all cases. I would give an innovation the riks factor if its implementation would determine the uncertain success of that the console or whatever is being tried to be pushed to the market, as was the case of the motion in the Wii which was certainly a pretty big risk.

Joysticks were already accepted in arcades, rumble was an add-on which if I remember correctly you even had to buy seperate from the controller, handhelds were already being stablished before Nintendo, etc.

But this is kind of off-topic material, isn't it? XD

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Mediocre games that garner beyond amazing sales. (wii sports, wii sports resort, wii fit...)

1) I feel the need to play Mario Kart.

2) Mario is a god, link is great, samus is the goddess of war, and Donkey Kong is badass.

3) I am going back to play Mario Kart

Masters of the gaming universe.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

the most overrated company of all time bar none

AbbathTheGrim said:
Roma said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Safe, doing it safe.

Lol out of the three Nintendo is the one that takes most risks!

When I hear Nintendo I think of Do0m3ed!!

Dumping down tech advancements to remain in profit. Rehashing the same franchises over and over again without coming with new IPs. Not daring to make a non-family oriented game since Eternal Darkness.

They haven't gone safe all the time, but that is what came to my mind first.

If you want too stay long in the business you need too think smart and if safe is what keeps you alive then so be it. But sometimes too stay alive you need to do new things and that’s what Nintendo does and everybody seems to copy them in the end. Now I am not saying they invented everything they have in consoles but they sure were the first too a lot of things and many of them are standards now.

Someone who does not take risks doesn’t create new ways too play games, they stay the same or wait for others too take the risks for them and then copies them!

And anybody calling Nintendo games rehashes has either not played them or is just plain ignorant or a fanboy. If you are only thinking about the part “oh the princess has been kidnapped again” then you clearly look at games in a shallow way.

If Nintendo games were only rehashes they would not have lasted for over 25 years. Games that play the same are those that go under. What games out there are as old and still fresh as some of the Nintendo games?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

d21lewis said:
Crash Bandicoot.

Win

For me it's that bastard Mario going "It's a-me, it's Mario!"....Douche ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

A really photogenic family all playing on the Wii together, with big fake cheesy grins on their faces.