By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What comes to mind when you think of Xbox brand?

I think of shooters. Their two biggest franchises are both shooters and the amount of shooters on the systems (yes, I know a lot of them are multiplat this gen) is astounding.

I also think of great online when it comes to the XBOX. They have managed to keep an online system that have been stable and have good support at the same time.

Around the Network

Honestly Halo was the first thing that I thought of.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

A giant "X" symbol.

Seece said:
When I think of Xbox I think of what it's done for the industry, including but not limited to giving Sony fanboys periods.

i've seen allot of comments in this thread and only one person has been banned when there should be a few more but this post is so full of win you can't see second place when you've already won.

FinalEvangelion said:
I'll answer my own thread -

Halo - The first Xbox was mainly bought for two games (H1 and H2).

Shooters - While there is more variety, the core fans of the console are still FPS fans for the most part.

Americans - Disproportionately likes the Xbox more than other countries. Took the original Xbox seriously while it was kind of a joke in other parts of the world for being so big with such a huge controller.

Racist / Homophobic preteen boys with unchanged voices - PSN has their share too, but Xbox Live is a more known as an online service.

Frat Boys / Jocks - Xbox seemed to be the console that "cool kids" who used to make fun or people like me who played video games embraced.

Gaming Press's Darling - Face it, the gaming press is usually much less critical to MS than they are to Nintendo and Sony. Halo is considered the "standard" for which games are compared to. The press was also not too hard on them for the RROD scandal.

Failure in Japan - self explanatory.

Better versions of multiplat games (usually).

Poor Hardware Reliability.

Peter Moore > Don Mattrick - when Don took over, they slimmed down their internal development alot.

Great controller for shooters. Not so great for fighting games.

As for me, I ignored the Xbox until they started catering to the Japanese market. Once they started ignoring the Japanese market again, I ignored the Xbox again. I have a 360, but I play it much less now than the Wii or PS3.

if your going to post pros and cons about something most notably a console then this is about as good as it gets.

allot of people have called the op out about being but hurt amongts other things. but i see a genuinely posted thread by one of VGC post noteable members.

i may not be the biggest MS fan, but if were to repost in this thread this would be my answer. well thought  F.E.

Around the Network

- Halo
- Microsoft
- Xbox Live/ Xbox Live Arcade
- Achievements

That's all in order what comes to mind when thinking about Xbox brand.

But is this a serious thread? "Racist/Homophobic preteen boys"? "Poorly hardware"? "Failure in Japan"? Of all the good things you could come up with, you come up with the most negative ones.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
FinalEvangelion said:
I'll answer my own thread -

Halo - The first Xbox was mainly bought for two games (H1 and H2).

Shooters - While there is more variety, the core fans of the console are still FPS fans for the most part.

Americans - Disproportionately likes the Xbox more than other countries. Took the original Xbox seriously while it was kind of a joke in other parts of the world for being so big with such a huge controller.

Racist / Homophobic preteen boys with unchanged voices - PSN has their share too, but Xbox Live is a more known as an online service.

Frat Boys / Jocks - Xbox seemed to be the console that "cool kids" who used to make fun or people like me who played video games embraced.

Gaming Press's Darling - Face it, the gaming press is usually much less critical to MS than they are to Nintendo and Sony. Halo is considered the "standard" for which games are compared to. The press was also not too hard on them for the RROD scandal.

Failure in Japan - self explanatory.

Better versions of multiplat games (usually).

Poor Hardware Reliability.

Peter Moore > Don Mattrick - when Don took over, they slimmed down their internal development alot.

Great controller for shooters. Not so great for fighting games.

As for me, I ignored the Xbox until they started catering to the Japanese market. Once they started ignoring the Japanese market again, I ignored the Xbox again. I have a 360, but I play it much less now than the Wii or PS3.

if your going to post pros and cons about something most notably a console then this is about as good as it gets.

allot of people have called the op out about being but hurt amongts other things. but i see a genuinely posted thread by one of VGC post noteable members.

i may not be the biggest MS fan, but if were to repost in this thread this would be my answer. well thought  F.E.

It was a risk posting that, but that's how I would answer if MS did market research and wanted my thoughts about the brand.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

lurkerwithnosoul said:
- Halo
- Microsoft
- Achievements

But is this a serious thread? "Racist/Homophobic preteen boys"? "Poorly hardware"? "Failure in Japan"? Of all the good things you could come up with, you come up with the most negative ones.

I did come up with good ones - better Multiplat games, good controller for some games, etc.  Unfortunately, most of my experience with Xbox has been negative.  I liked when they were having exclusive jRPGs in 2008-2009, and I bought one for that.  When that stopped, I felt a little cheated - even though MS has it's reasons for dropping the jRPGs (which confirms alot of my thoughts about the Xbox userbase).

The fact remains, no matter how good the Xbox is for shooters and online gaming - I could care less about those two things.  I understand others really like those two things (majority of people in my country do).  I'm speaking for myself.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

That is all :P

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

FinalEvangelion said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
- Halo
- Microsoft
- Achievements

I did come up with good ones - better Multiplat games, good controller for some games, etc.  Unfortunately, most of my experience with Xbox has been negative.  I liked when they were having exclusive jRPGs in 2008-2009, and I bought one for that.  When that stopped, I felt a little cheated - even though MS has it's reasons for dropping the jRPGs (which confirms alot of my thoughts about the Xbox userbase).

The fact remains, no matter how good the Xbox is for shooters and online gaming - I could care less about those two things.  I understand others really like those two things (majority of people in my country do).  I'm speaking for myself.

Ouch. You're generalizing a lot when you talk about Xbox userbase. It's almost the same as the PS3 userbase, IF, you rule out the japanese userbase. We all know Japan don't dig Xbox. Though the system find its niche around there, and that's one of the reasons why it still gets support. And all those great shmups that i don't mind at all! (Dodonpachi Ressurection is one of them and it will be reelased next month in europe)

Also, even if they've stopped, Lost Odyssey is still the best close thing to a good Final Fantasy we have this gen. How does a couple of NiS games can come close to this? :p

But to the point. yeah, i think that's just bad generalizing. But feel free to think whatever you want.