By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby's Return to Dream Land review thread! (Game Trailers review update)

Tagged games:

After Watching the Video, what do you think of the graphics?

Very nice for what it is. 21 55.26%

Good 8 21.05%

Alright, just not my cup ... 1 2.63%

meh 4 10.53%

other 1 2.63%

I loved the ZX Spectrum! ... 2 5.26%

Total:37
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
7 poll voters has put this in the lead for people being happy about the graphics!

i don't like your poll options

What am I missing? Give me a good reason to change it and some good alternatives and I will go back and do so. EVen though that means doing it all over again.

el perfecto! now thats my vote lol.

Around the Network

I still need to get through Epic Yarn before I think about buying another Kirby game and since I lost my save file when my Wii died I'll have to start over from the beginning and I really don't feel like it. That game is too easy to keep my interested.

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
I still don't know if I should get this game. I can never be bothered to finish Kirby games with the exception of Power Paintbrush and Epic Yarn, but those two aren't the usual Kirby stuff. Besides, when it comes to platformers this holiday season, there's already Super Mario 3D Land and Sonic Generations which I will get for sure.

I am even more tempted to get Rayman Origins than Kirby's Adventure Wii, but I guess I will skip both of them for now. There's another three games I will get for sure (Skyward Sword, Tales of the Abyss, Mario Kart 7), so I won't have enough time to play them all anyway.

Rol, how promising is Rayman Origins looking to you?

These scores confirmed to me that reviewers only care about graphics, artstyles and innovation when it comes to review scores.

I'm not getting it for a while(kinda broke at the moment) but I'm still more excited for this than Epic Yarn.

Pixel Art can be fun.

spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
7 poll voters has put this in the lead for people being happy about the graphics!

What am I missing? Give me a good reason to change it and some good alternatives and I will go back and do so. EVen though that means doing it all over again.

I don't like Kirby.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Pavolink said:
spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:

I don't like Kirby.

SSB. Did you like kirby as a character there?

Did you mean Super Smash Brothers? Yes.

What I mean, is that you should have a poll option with "I'don't like Kirby".

spurgeonryan said:

Meh. other and zx spectrum was an ancient computer that used cassette tapes I believe. So those should be close to what you wanted as an option. :)

I don't hate Kirby. But sadly, I ddin't buy Epic Yarn and don't plan to buy Return to Dreamland.

meh i have had enough 2D coops for this gen... waiting for what the 3DS and Wii U have to offer!

spurgeonryan said:
kopstudent89 said:
meh i have had enough 2D coops for this gen... waiting for what the 3DS and Wii U have to offer!

I am both saddened and confused by your decision!

I love NSMB Wii and DKCR... but really it's more than i need :P I've played both galaxies as well and just got about fed up with sonic. I need variation in my games and SM3D land is the only platformer i'm remotely interested in (and i really ain't that much )

RolStoppable said:
JGarret said:

Rol, how promising is Rayman Origins looking to you?

Not promising enough to make me think that I need to buy it. It looks good though and should at the very least turn out to be better than Rayman 3 which was quite disappointing. In the end it's an Ubisoft game, so it's always better to wait and see what other gamers have to say. I expect good review scores, but think that they will be inflated due to the artstyle. It just seems to be what reviewers like.

Yup which is exactly why i didn't get Epic Yarn... reviewers mostly talked about the art style and that was probably why it scored so high