By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby's Return to Dream Land review thread! (Game Trailers review update)

Tagged games:

After Watching the Video, what do you think of the graphics?

Very nice for what it is. 21 55.26%

Good 8 21.05%

Alright, just not my cup ... 1 2.63%

meh 4 10.53%

other 1 2.63%

I loved the ZX Spectrum! ... 2 5.26%

Total:37
spurgeonryan said:
The last two sites gave it really high scores! Does anyone know how many 10's Destructoid has given out?

I've always liked Destructoid and felt they're a rather objective site. They claim to use the full scale of 1-10, which means "average" games would get 5.5, but their actual average is 7.2. Still, that can be attributed to them also only reviewing higher-quality games. So overall, they give scores lower than the average for most sites.

I'm really excited for this game. I've loved pretty much all the "normal" Kirby platformers, and this one looks better than the previous ones.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
The last two sites gave it really high scores! Does anyone know how many 10's Destructoid has given out?

They gave Deadly Premonition a 10 roflmao

Here's the IGN review: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1070909p1.html

I like how someone said Destructoid is objective XD

I don't know why but I'm really excited for this game. A lot more than Epic Yarn. It just seems to be a genuine platformer.

spurgeonryan said:
Boutros said:
I don't know why but I'm really excited for this game. A lot more than Epic Yarn. It just seems to be a genuine platformer.

Could it be that Epic Yarn was different, and this goes back to how it used to be?

Most likely yes. I remember playing Kirby on my N64 and this game looks very similar. I don't understand why there's so little hype.

RolStoppable said:
I still don't know if I should get this game. I can never be bothered to finish Kirby games with the exception of Power Paintbrush and Epic Yarn, but those two aren't the usual Kirby stuff. Besides, when it comes to platformers this holiday season, there's already Super Mario 3D Land and Sonic Generations which I will get for sure.

I am even more tempted to get Rayman Origins than Kirby's Adventure Wii, but I guess I will skip both of them for now. There's another three games I will get for sure (Skyward Sword, Tales of the Abyss, Mario Kart 7), so I won't have enough time to play them all anyway.

This is much easier than you're pretending.

Do you like Kirby? Will you buy the game because it's Kirby? Do you have someone to play with? Is there a child alive inside your heart whose songs of joy fill the recesses of your mind with music like bells?

If you answered yes to any of those, buy Kirby.

If you did not, do not buy Kirby.

Around the Network

Kirby is one of those games that you just want to have fun playing.

i still want an Mario type world for Kirby who is by the way a better character then Mario, but the will do.

spurgeonryan said:
7 poll voters has put this in the lead for people being happy about the graphics!

i don't like your poll options

I wasn't the biggest Kirby fan back in the early days. However I did enjoy his DS adventures and Kirby:EpicYarn was amazing. I had a chance to play Kirby Return to Dream Land co-op at PAX. It was amazing and I am actually debating whether to buy it over LoZ, yah I know I should buy both but seriously I am a financial wreck and with Christmas coming I really can't afford much of what I want. As it is there are only three games I am buying this holiday season for sure (MarioKart7/SuperMario3DLand/BattleField3) and BattleField3 is only being bought because my friend who had his colon blow up and still hasn't fully recovered wants me to buy it so we can play online. He misses getting out of the house or having company over he is really excited about playing it with me. I told him no and he seemed really disappointed, once at EBGames I had a change of heart because I realized I was being selfish and not the best friend.

But now I am left with the fact I am beyond broke I am in debt up to my eye balls and I don't know how to dig myself out. Meaning no purchases of games I don't absolutely have to have! Zelda and Kirby are equals in my books and neither as important to me as Mario. Making the decision a lot more difficult!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

spurgeonryan said:
Joelcool7 said:

I wasn't the biggest Kirby fan back in the early days. However I did enjoy his DS adventures and Kirby:EpicYarn was amazing. I had a chance to play Kirby Return to Dream Land co-op at PAX. It was amazing and I am actually debating whether to buy it over LoZ, yah I know I should buy both but seriously I am a financial wreck and with Christmas coming I really can't afford much of what I want. As it is there are only three games I am buying this holiday season for sure (MarioKart7/SuperMario3DLand/BattleField3) and BattleField3 is only being bought because my friend who had his colon blow up and still hasn't fully recovered wants me to buy it so we can play online. He misses getting out of the house or having company over he is really excited about playing it with me. I told him no and he seemed really disappointed, once at EBGames I had a change of heart because I realized I was being selfish and not the best friend.

But now I am left with the fact I am beyond broke I am in debt up to my eye balls and I don't know how to dig myself out. Meaning no purchases of games I don't absolutely have to have! Zelda and Kirby are equals in my books and neither as important to me as Mario. Making the decision a lot more difficult!

Didnt you already play those mario games to death when you went to PAX? Rent Kirby and buy Zelda.

Yes and No. I played the entire demo of both Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land. But in total probably played like 10 minutes of each game. I loved the games so much from what I played and I know I have always enjoyed the Mario titles that Nintendo has produced in the past especially Mario Kart and 3D/2D Mario games.

That is an option, however I like to buy games I will actually complete. I know I would complete Kirby and replay it at least once when I have friends over. I am a social gamer big time I love having friends over and playing co-op/multiplayer. As such I spend the majority of my time consumed playing multiplayer games. Example I played CoD:MW2 over 300 hours and Halo3 like 200. While LoZ:TP only 80 and fact is I am a perfectionist when it comes to Zelda titles I try to get every single thing in each area. Every bug everything that there is, I buy a strategy guide just to see if I miss anything. I look briefly to see if I got everything if I notice I am missing something I close the guide and get the item without its aid.

In the end I have to this day never completed a Zelda game. The closest I came was Wind Waker where I made it to the final boss battle and my data got deleted. Made it back again and my sister borrowed the memory card and lost it, made it half way a third time before giving up. With TP I reached the final boss battle and lost a few times. I just got interested in newer games that were coming out and by the time I went back to beat the game I was unfamiliar with the controls and couldn't make it through the dungeon!

So in other words yah Zelda is hands down the better single player experience. But I am largely a multiplayer gamer and spend like 75% of my gaming time playing multiplayer games. This makes Kirby equally attractive to Zelda!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer