By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Is The First Thing That Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Name "Sony"

walkman

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Nice televisions.

Innovators of the dual analog sticks.

Tsk tsk, amp my old friend.

Goldeneye on the N64 had an option for dual analog control.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

One of the top 5 quality electronics companies. They used to be number one but fell from grace and are pretty much lost in trying to find their way back.

what is Nintendo doing? hurry lets copy them!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

FinalEvangelion said:
Awesome growing brand of dSLR (alpha) cameras that's going up against Nikon and Canon.

As for PlayStation -

Offensive to Americans.

jRPGs (they are finally returning to the console after experimentation with Wii and Xbox 360 and failing on both).

Diverse group of gamers compared to the other two.

Great First Party.

Terrible Marketing.

That is complete and utter bogus and you damn well know it. Look at the last 2 generations for Christ's sake!

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Awesome growing brand of dSLR (alpha) cameras that's going up against Nikon and Canon.

As for PlayStation -

Offensive to Americans.

jRPGs (they are finally returning to the console after experimentation with Wii and Xbox 360 and failing on both).

Great First Party.

Terrible Marketing.

That is complete and utter bogus and you damn well know it. Look at the last 2 generations for Christ's sake!

PS3 is the newest, and I'm just thinking of reactions from alot of people I know when they found out I had a PS3.  Many were offended - even if I did have an Xbox 360.  When I went to Japan, I didn't get that reaction.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
yo_john117 said:
FinalEvangelion said:

As for PlayStation -

Offensive to Americans.

Great First Party.

Terrible Marketing.

PS3 is the newest, and I'm just thinking of reactions from alot of people I know when they found out I had a PS3.  Many were offended - even if I did have an Xbox 360.  When I went to Japan, I didn't get that reaction.

No, just no dude. You know friends always rag on their friends for owning certain products...they aren't actually offended. I had tons of friends slag on my 360 and games that were on it but so what they played my 360 and enjoyed it they were just doing what most friends do.

Look at the sales of the PS3 in the US. If what you said is true than it would have sold roughly as much as the 360 has sold in Japan.

wick said:
amp316 said:
Nice televisions.

agreed, as we all know nintendo created everything used in gaming today, the other guys just copy all their ideas

yo_john117 said:
FinalEvangelion said:
yo_john117 said:
FinalEvangelion said:

As for PlayStation -

Offensive to Americans.

Great First Party.

Terrible Marketing.

No, just no dude. You know friends always rag on their friends for owning certain products...they aren't actually offended. I had tons of friends slag on my 360 and games that were on it but so what they played my 360 and enjoyed it they were just doing what most friends do.

Look at the sales of the PS3 in the US. If what you said is true than it would have sold roughly as much as the 360 has sold in Japan.

well when you look at it the JP and Americas do look allot alike. just look at the gaps then put them in perspective according to sales and the type of market and you'll see there allot alike. 

yea sure merica is a bigger market but look at the size of the markets in correlation to there sales and you'll see there the same.

the only difference is that JP was never MS ground to win and Sony had won Americas 2 gens strait, so you could argue that America was Sonys market. they just dropped the ball when everyone expected hem to run with it.

it takes EMEAA and Japan to come close for 360 to equal the gap PS3 has in Americas, but just becuase the sales are larger dosen't mean there not the same.

you understand don't?

o_O.Q said:
wick said:
amp316 said:
Nice televisions.

agreed, as we all know nintendo created everything used in gaming today, the other guys just copy all their ideas

yea i'll just continue to laugh at this.