By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS3 overtake 360 in other's overall sales?

Mid July.

Around the Network

mid 08 sounds good, before summer

hunter_alien said:
ssj12 said:
Xeo_842 said:
By the end of Q3 2008.

i second this

Third it ( is that even correct ? ) .

Yes, it's correct. I fourth this.

Too soon to tell. I mean, release dates for games aren't even finalized yet. If MGS4 comes out, lets say, June, then I'd say Summer.

i say after all is said and done, PS3 will keep pace with the Xbox 360 and sell about the same month-to-month wise. Maybe in 2010 if/when MS announces the Xbox361 will Xbox360 sales begin to drop off and people wait for the next Xbox to come out. At that point Sony might catch up for a while before they make their own PS4 announcement.

Around the Network

April 2008

The gap is currently 2.4m. Last week the PS3 outsold the 360 by 100k. Maintaining this rate, it should take 6 months for the PS3 to close the gap.

However, it's unreasonable to expect the PS3 to continue to outsell the 360 by 100k per week. 50k per week might be doable, but if the 360 gets a price cut this spring, I'm not sure if the PS3 will be able to close the gap this year.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

the gap is 1.4million (1.6 with new numbers). End 2008 seems a good idea

i dunno how you guys expect ps3 to outsell 360 by that much in such a short amount of time, we're talking about 1.61 million. For it to outsell the 360 by the end of june it would need to outsell it about 62k per week, ps3 was selling like 30k a week last year, and only outselling 360 by about 10k per week. I don't think PS3 can even sell 62k per week much less outsell 360 by 62k per week...

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

in 2007 ps3 have sold 3.5m in other and 360 2.5m. Taking this numbers ps3 will not surpass 360 in 08 but ps3 got a big boost since 40g model in october (2 million in 5 months)

i think juny is very optimistic. November/december in my opinion