By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Review Thread!

Tagged games:

Andrespetmonkey said:
crissindahouse said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Aldro said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Aldro, just incase you didn't know, the online embargo lifts next monday (october 24th) at 9 a.m PST/ 5 p.m GM

Mate, I've already planned to call in sick in order to sit home and spam F5.

True story XD.

I'm really worried, I gotta be honest. If the game got 96, I would cry of joy.

I don't have to call in sick, it's half-term. I got a week off!! :D
Also, BF3 comes out on monday so I got time off school to play it :) Wish the same would happen for Uncharted.

I wouldn't say I'm worried, I try not to care too much about scores, but I feel like PS3 exclusives aren't as appreciated as they should be, I'm bias towards sony so this opinion probably isn't the best xD (uncharted series is an exception, actually). And I think Uncharted 3 is the next PS3 game to be under-rated. I'd put money on it being one of the best games ever, but it'll probably be rated at around 90-93, the same score as countless other games, but I guess that means the rating system is broken then.

what? mgs4, god of war 3, little big planet 1&2. why the hell get ps3 games too low votes? not every exclusive can get 93 percent or higher, if you think about killzone or heavy rain, whci have 90% scores as well.

only xbox 360 exclusives with 93% are gow 1&2 and halo 3 and nothing over 94%. wii no clue but mario will always get high scores if it's a good game.

LBP2 got less than the first, when it's clearly a much better game. Heavy rain got 87, Kilzone 3 got 84 and killzone 2 got 91, even though KZ3 improves on it in every way. And the single player has some incredible parts to it, e.g. floating in zero G in an enemy spaceship and going through the alien jungle. Infamous got 85, infamous 2 got 83 :( And it's not only scores, it's sales mainly. Games like Uncharted 2 and God of war 3 are lucky to sell anywhere near 7 million, when games like black ops sell 7 million on day one. And ended up selling 10.7 million copies on PS3.

You're right man, but the 360 is having quite bad stuff to...

The real exclusives (as I don't count PC/360 as exclusives) eg. Halo Reach, Gears 3 and Forza 4 (all the latest 360 exclusives in the past YEAR) have ALL scored 91.. barely AAA.

Whilst we atleast had the recent God of War score 92, recent LBP2 score 92, Uncharted 93+ is very likely, and the highest scoring 360 exclusive is Halo 3 with a 94 meta when we have MGS4 on 94, LBP on 95 and Uncharted 2 on 96.

Sony really has quantity and quality (when you count meta AND awards) seeming as :
2006 - Gears 1 (which is on the PC haha) [Multi]
2007 - Super mario galaxy [Wii]
2008 - LBP was first with MGS4 and Fallout 3 right behind [Sony]
2009 - Uncharted 2 [Sony]
2010 - Mass Effect 2 [Multi]
2011 - ?

As for 2011, Sony atleast has a competetor (Uncharted).

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
Average so far is 96

I doubt any of these reviews will be published however.. I think its the ones that are published tomorrow. Its things like these that will give it an unfair score :P. Tiny details..

pezus said:
Aldro said:

Sony really has quantity and quality (when you count meta AND awards) seeming as :
2011 - ?

I think RDR got more awards than ME2 honestly. Still multiplatform however

I saw an collection of the 2010 awards. ME2 had more, but it was quite close. On mu iphone now so cba to look for it. Wiki also has ME2 over RDR with like 1-2 sites. I dont even like Zelda, but I think it'll beat all games for GOTY. Skyrim will be a close second with UC3 or Batman picking up very few. However.. Theres a part of me that thinks maybe.. Just maybe, UC3 could pull an Uncharted 2 again (as unlikely as it sounds).

Aldro said:

The real exclusives (as I don't count PC/360 as exclusives) eg. Halo Reach, Gears 3 and Forza 4 (all the latest 360 exclusives in the past YEAR) have ALL scored 91.. barely AAA.

Whilst we atleast had the recent God of War score 92, recent LBP2 score 92, Uncharted 93+ is very likely, and the highest scoring 360 exclusive is Halo 3 with a 94 meta when we have MGS4 on 94, LBP on 95 and Uncharted 2 on 96.

2011 - ?

Barely AAA? You've determined that because a few less points on metacritic? Great logic. Maybe it has something to do with the genres?

Mass Effect 2 is one of few times a agreed with the, "GOTY." Its probably the worst selling game on that list as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Aldro said:

2011 - ?

Barely AAA? You've determined that because a few less points on metacritic? Great logic. Maybe it has something to do with the genres?

Mass Effect 2 is one of few times a agreed with the, "GOTY." Its probably the worst selling game on that list as well.

Well barely 90 in Meta. I should have said that instead ^^. Not sure I understand the second sentence. Dont quite understand why you mentioned the sales. I havent even played Mass Effect myself. I do own RDR, but Ive yet to finish it (at blackwater atm). Downloaded mass effect 2 on the PC but I dont like RPGs xD.
EDIT: i just checked wiki, my bad guys. Turns out RDR got more awards.

Around the Network

GoTY will be between Uncharted and Zelda probably. Judging by the quality of Skyrim videos I have seen thus far I just don't see that game winning anything.

pezus said:
Yup, I find RDR to be hugely overrated. Many say it's better than GTAIV and I just can't agree...I stopped playing it after a while and have almost no desire to go back

and you liked GTA IV...smh, sorry but any game is better than that overrated disgrace. RDR was actually pretty fun, it was something fresh and new and I enjoyed it. Not GOTY IMO but definitely worth finishing.

Okay guys, a bit off with the GOTY discussion. I sort of started it :P, but lets try to get back on track, alright ^^?

The online embargo lifts in:
23 hours!!

No metacritic-eligible review yet,and the thread already has almost 100 replies.

Mordred11 said:
No metacritic-eligible review yet,and the thread already has almost 100 replies.

Its only the highest acclaimed franchise of this generation...
(If everything goes as expected XD)

Im spamming F5 every 15 minutes at GT:TV, Bonus round 509 waiting for Part 3 to come online! Its naughty dog talking about the game.

Jesus come on! The day is almost over in Sweden!

Link here = http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/509?ch=2