By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Review Thread!

Tagged games:

Andrespetmonkey said:
crissindahouse said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Aldro said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Aldro, just incase you didn't know, the online embargo lifts next monday (october 24th) at 9 a.m PST/ 5 p.m GM

Mate, I've already planned to call in sick in order to sit home and spam F5.

True story XD.

I'm really worried, I gotta be honest. If the game got 96, I would cry of joy.

I don't have to call in sick, it's half-term. I got a week off!! :D
Also, BF3 comes out on monday so I got time off school to play it :) Wish the same would happen for Uncharted.

I wouldn't say I'm worried, I try not to care too much about scores, but I feel like PS3 exclusives aren't as appreciated as they should be, I'm bias towards sony so this opinion probably isn't the best xD (uncharted series is an exception, actually). And I think Uncharted 3 is the next PS3 game to be under-rated. I'd put money on it being one of the best games ever, but it'll probably be rated at around 90-93, the same score as countless other games, but I guess that means the rating system is broken then.

what? mgs4, god of war 3, little big planet 1&2. why the hell get ps3 games too low votes? not every exclusive can get 93 percent or higher, if you think about killzone or heavy rain, whci have 90% scores as well.

only xbox 360 exclusives with 93% are gow 1&2 and halo 3 and nothing over 94%. wii no clue but mario will always get high scores if it's a good game.

LBP2 got less than the first, when it's clearly a much better game. Heavy rain got 87, Kilzone 3 got 84 and killzone 2 got 91, even though KZ3 improves on it in every way. And the single player has some incredible parts to it, e.g. floating in zero G in an enemy spaceship and going through the alien jungle. Infamous got 85, infamous 2 got 83 :( And it's not only scores, it's sales mainly. Games like Uncharted 2 and God of war 3 are lucky to sell anywhere near 7 million, when games like black ops sell 7 million on day one. And ended up selling 10.7 million copies on PS3.

i'm still not sure if you're serious^^

gow 3 is the best gears of war and it got lower reviews than 1 and 2. forza 4 is the best forza and it got lower reviews than forza 2 and 3 for the 360.

do you really expect that every sony exclusive has to get over 90% or what? why should all these games get so high ratings? sry but infamous just doesn't deserve to get votes like gears of war, god of war or mgs.

it's like i would complain about fable reviews. it's a great series but it just doesn't deserve to get 90+. or alan wake? it has something like 83% and for me it's a top 90% title but i don't say it got these reviews because it's for the 360 lol.

and killzone? yeah that's just the type of game even ego-shooter lovers like me love or hate and i hate it (for what it should be, an AAA game). i played it an hour and stopped playing. i really hate the controls and that's what a lot of people don't like. many say you won't have a problem with it after a while but i don't like to play a game some hours just to get used with the controls. some pople love how it feels but a lot don't.

for me killzone is a 80% game and that's what a lot of people think. others think it's a 95% game and that's why it deserves to get the rating it has.

i don't understand why not everybody realizes that even if some sites would be pro 360 orpro  ps3 the average ratings of the 50+ sites will be very fair. everything you don't understand is just your subjective feeling. the average of those sites will be much more objective than your personal rating.

and to the goty topic:

personally i hope it will be skyrim because the elder scrolls is my favourite series of all time but i think it will be uncharted 3 and i think it will deserve it more than skyrim (even if i didn't play both)

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
crissindahouse said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Aldro said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Aldro, just incase you didn't know, the online embargo lifts next monday (october 24th) at 9 a.m PST/ 5 p.m GM

Mate, I've already planned to call in sick in order to sit home and spam F5.

True story XD.

I'm really worried, I gotta be honest. If the game got 96, I would cry of joy.

I don't have to call in sick, it's half-term. I got a week off!! :D
Also, BF3 comes out on monday so I got time off school to play it :) Wish the same would happen for Uncharted.

I wouldn't say I'm worried, I try not to care too much about scores, but I feel like PS3 exclusives aren't as appreciated as they should be, I'm bias towards sony so this opinion probably isn't the best xD (uncharted series is an exception, actually). And I think Uncharted 3 is the next PS3 game to be under-rated. I'd put money on it being one of the best games ever, but it'll probably be rated at around 90-93, the same score as countless other games, but I guess that means the rating system is broken then.

what? mgs4, god of war 3, little big planet 1&2. why the hell get ps3 games too low votes? not every exclusive can get 93 percent or higher, if you think about killzone or heavy rain, whci have 90% scores as well.

only xbox 360 exclusives with 93% are gow 1&2 and halo 3 and nothing over 94%. wii no clue but mario will always get high scores if it's a good game.

LBP2 got less than the first, when it's clearly a much better game. Heavy rain got 87, Kilzone 3 got 84 and killzone 2 got 91, even though KZ3 improves on it in every way. And the single player has some incredible parts to it, e.g. floating in zero G in an enemy spaceship and going through the alien jungle. Infamous got 85, infamous 2 got 83 :( And it's not only scores, it's sales mainly. Games like Uncharted 2 and God of war 3 are lucky to sell anywhere near 7 million, when games like black ops sell 7 million on day one. And ended up selling 10.7 million copies on PS3.

i'm still not sure if you're serious^^

gow 3 is the best gears of war and it got lower reviews than 1 and 2. forza 4 is the best forza and it got lower reviews than forza 2 and 3 for the 360.

do you really expect that every sony exclusive has to get over 90% or what? why should all these games get so high ratings? sry but infamous just doesn't deserve to get votes like gears of war, god of war or mgs.

it's like i would complain about fable reviews. it's a great series but it just doesn't deserve to get 90+. or alan wake? it has something like 83% and for me it's a top 90% title but i don't say it got these reviews because it's for the 360 lol.

and killzone? yeah that's just the type of game even ego-shooter lovers like me love or hate and i hate it (for what it should be, an AAA game). i played it an hour and stopped playing. i really hate the controls and that's what a lot of people don't like. many say you won't have a problem with it after a while but i don't like to play a game some hours just to get used with the controls. some pople love how it feels but a lot don't.

for me killzone is a 80% game and that's what a lot of people think. others think it's a 95% game and that's why it deserves to get the rating it has.

i don't understand why not everybody realizes that even if some sites would be pro 360 orpro  ps3 the average ratings of the 50+ sites will be very fair. everything you don't understand is just your subjective feeling. the average of those sites will be much more objective than your personal rating.

and to the goty topic:

personally i hope it will be skyrim because the elder scrolls is my favourite series of all time but i think it will be uncharted 3 and i think it will deserve it more than skyrim (even if i didn't play both)

Please, we are past this. Lets stick to the Uncharted 3 review thread.

A new picture from the desert..

I wonder if itll outscore Batman.

PART 3 OF GT BONUS ROUND WITH NAUGHTY DOG IS UP!!
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/509?ch=3

Around the Network
pezus said:
Wagram said:
GoTY will be between Uncharted and Zelda probably. Judging by the quality of Skyrim videos I have seen thus far I just don't see that game winning anything.

Elder Scrolls never looks amazing in gameplay videos, it's when you play it yourself for an extended time that you begin to appreciate it

After having tried the previous game I don't think so. I can't really give me full opinion on this website or i'll get banned. :(

You guys make it seem like someone's going to die if it gets meta less than 90.

Wagram said:
pezus said:
Wagram said:
GoTY will be between Uncharted and Zelda probably. Judging by the quality of Skyrim videos I have seen thus far I just don't see that game winning anything.

Elder Scrolls never looks amazing in gameplay videos, it's when you play it yourself for an extended time that you begin to appreciate it

After having tried the previous game I don't think so. I can't really give me full opinion on this website or i'll get banned. :(

I think oblivion is overrated myself. Skyrim has to do some things differently and it will be pretty cool.

"Desert Recreation includes details such as the mark of the footprints, dust on the hair of Drake, or the shadow as the sun's position"

If uncharted3 is woman, i'll say shes a 10 :)