By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls has been pwnd :-P (1.5 hour run through)

lestatdark said:
Dr.Grass said:
lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:
Games are getting shorter and shorter these days.

Speed runs have always been short. If I recall correctly, Super Metroid had a speed run of only 30 minutes. 

If you judge the overall lenght of a game based only on speed runs...then even games from the NES era were extremely short. 

A first playthrough on Dark Souls can go from anywhere between 50 - 80 hours.

Now why are people knocking down your comment even though it's perfectly sensible and, more importantly, in response to something truly groundless?

It's because Faxanadu was being sarcastic/witty, though I still don't see how.

Makes 2 of us.

Around the Network

Just an update on this thread.

I started FINALLY playing Dark Souls last weekend. I claimed I would take my sweet time and I sure have! I'm 70hours in at level 80. It's been truly incredible. So far.

you seen those blind playthoughs? most intese thing iv ever seen

Chevinator123 said:

you seen those blind playthoughs? most intese thing iv ever seen

Not much in that video was impressive though. I could play it (a bit) blindfolded with a friend at my side I reckon.

Ugh, Ceaseless Discharge exploit, so cheap. I hate people who exploit, I would never do that (I tried but couldn't get it to work for me -.-)...

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
Ugh, Ceaseless Discharge exploit, so cheap. I hate people who exploit, I would never do that (I tried but couldn't get it to work for me -.-)...

I enjoy watching speedruns using exploits. As long they don't "replace" the skill of the speedrunner. For me it is like this:

Regular Speedrun -> Knowing a game to perfection
Speedrun /w exploits -> Knowing a game beyond perfection

Needless to say, I also greatly enjoy TAS (except the new OoT TAS, skipping 99% of the game - while being a extremely impressive feat - makes watching the TAS quite boring)^^