By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls has been pwnd :-P (1.5 hour run through)

twesterm said:

I watched the first few videos and that guy just simply must have been a tester on that game or played it non-stop since release. It's definitely not unfeasible to know every trick the game throws at you, but that would require A LOT of time with the game.

Since I doubt someone could really learn everything that quickly about the game even if it had been out for a month, he must have been a tester for From Software.  Nonetheless, still an awesome feat.  By the time he's at the 12 minute mark he's already way past my four or so hours of play.

He's most likely Japanese. and we know how skilled they can be :P

In all seriousness, there are probably people who have beaten the game 10 times by now. The guy might've ate, slept and breathed Dark Souls in the one month it was out, so I would think it's possible without being a tester. I guess when you play through as many times as he probably has, you start to memorize things and patterns.

Around the Network
MasterVG71782 said:
twesterm said:

I watched the first few videos and that guy just simply must have been a tester on that game or played it non-stop since release. It's definitely not unfeasible to know every trick the game throws at you, but that would require A LOT of time with the game.

Since I doubt someone could really learn everything that quickly about the game even if it had been out for a month, he must have been a tester for From Software.  Nonetheless, still an awesome feat.  By the time he's at the 12 minute mark he's already way past my four or so hours of play.

He's most likely Japanese. and we know how skilled they can be :P

In all seriousness, there are probably people who have beaten the game 10 times by now. The guy might've ate, slept and breathed Dark Souls in the one month it was out, so I would think it's possible without being a tester. I guess when you play through as many times as he probably has, you start to memorize things and patterns.

There are plenty of people that have beaten the game a few times now (a coworker has already beaten it twice) but that guy knows the best solution to everything.  You really only get that kind of comfortable with the game by spending months and months with it, or, eight hours a day for a good year or so.

I'm not trying to belittle his accomplishment at all, that's kind of awe-inspiring to watch that, but I would just be willing to be he was a tester for that game.

I think there's another guy who has done it in about 90 minutes.

Neither possible nor desirable on a first run - and probably never possible for me.

See I knew the game wasn't that hard lol

Wont watch due to spoilers but damn.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

He's quite the BOSS.

lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:
Games are getting shorter and shorter these days.

Speed runs have always been short. If I recall correctly, Super Metroid had a speed run of only 30 minutes. 

If you judge the overall lenght of a game based only on speed runs...then even games from the NES era were extremely short. 

A first playthrough on Dark Souls can go from anywhere between 50 - 80 hours.

Now why are people knocking down your comment even though it's perfectly sensible and, more importantly, in response to something truly groundless?

Solid-Stark said:
Wont watch due to spoilers but damn.

I'm with you on that!

Once I'm through the game (and I'll be taking my sweet time) then I'll have a look.

I can clearly see how extraordinary that is and how I could never do that.
The first trembling runthrough, though, and I mean that one in which you fear every corner and your sweating hand struggles not to let the analogue stick go and you curse each and every bastard that took a great pleasure out of your mistakes and weaknesses, that's the enjoyable one.

Dr.Grass said:
lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:
Games are getting shorter and shorter these days.

Speed runs have always been short. If I recall correctly, Super Metroid had a speed run of only 30 minutes. 

If you judge the overall lenght of a game based only on speed runs...then even games from the NES era were extremely short. 

A first playthrough on Dark Souls can go from anywhere between 50 - 80 hours.

Now why are people knocking down your comment even though it's perfectly sensible and, more importantly, in response to something truly groundless?

It's because Faxanadu was being sarcastic/witty, though I still don't see how.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"