By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls has been pwnd :-P (1.5 hour run through)

spurgeonryan said:
Dr.Grass said:
spurgeonryan said:
This is the original one. I thought it was the Souls game that just came out at first. Still that is pretty good. I hope that was not his first run! 1.5 hours is not worth it for 50 dollars! Those water effects in that first area he went through in the well was great! I only play wii mostly so these types of things excite me!

Well you haven't *ahem* ''played any game for longer than 30 mins this year''. 

I don't think I'll forget that statement you made. It's a little insane to me that you're posting for hours and hours on a gaming site but you've hardly played at all in recent memory.

It's just strange.

Very strange.

I mean, if you had been gaming at all this last year you would know that no-one records their first playthrough. Also, EVERYONE knows that's not possible with Dark Souls. Then you go on to question the value of the game.

Then you mention the water effects and try and squeeze in a joke.

Do you need help?

:) Seriously I did find the water effects good in the video! I like your little joke in the beginning of your rebuttal. Well since July I have been here 16-20 hours a day. You have to be if someday you want to pass Mr. 54 in the badges. Lol! I have spent about 120 hours on G.E wii this year. Art of balance WW a few hours, That magic marker game on my profile page which you cannot see I played for an hour, I have played a lot of my extensive 64 collection a bunch this year (just added some games!), played some DS games , but they were not memorable enough to remember the names..viewtiful Joe? I know what the game is just not the spelling. Wii sports resort, Gears 3 for about ...30 minutes! COD: Black ops, etc. But you are right, I play very little games, but I still like  to read about them. Something I enjoy, probably because I grew up on EGM. When I had no money for games as a kid, that would be my key to the world of games, and I would read it cover to back. So now that is instilled in me, and it brings me joy to do it still. If I can get my hands on a game to play it then I will, but not often. When I was deployed though I had plenty of time to play games! Go figure!!!

I can totally relate to reading about games all day long and not playing much.

When I got bored of my PS2 I read tons of DC,GC and Xbox magazines and hardly played anything.

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
spurgeonryan said:
Dr.Grass said:
spurgeonryan said:
This is the original one. I thought it was the Souls game that just came out at first. Still that is pretty good. I hope that was not his first run! 1.5 hours is not worth it for 50 dollars! Those water effects in that first area he went through in the well was great! I only play wii mostly so these types of things excite me!

Well you haven't *ahem* ''played any game for longer than 30 mins this year''. 

I don't think I'll forget that statement you made. It's a little insane to me that you're posting for hours and hours on a gaming site but you've hardly played at all in recent memory.

It's just strange.

Very strange.

I mean, if you had been gaming at all this last year you would know that no-one records their first playthrough. Also, EVERYONE knows that's not possible with Dark Souls. Then you go on to question the value of the game.

Then you mention the water effects and try and squeeze in a joke.

Do you need help?

:) Seriously I did find the water effects good in the video! I like your little joke in the beginning of your rebuttal. Well since July I have been here 16-20 hours a day. You have to be if someday you want to pass Mr. 54 in the badges. Lol! I have spent about 120 hours on G.E wii this year. Art of balance WW a few hours, That magic marker game on my profile page which you cannot see I played for an hour, I have played a lot of my extensive 64 collection a bunch this year (just added some games!), played some DS games , but they were not memorable enough to remember the names..viewtiful Joe? I know what the game is just not the spelling. Wii sports resort, Gears 3 for about ...30 minutes! COD: Black ops, etc. But you are right, I play very little games, but I still like  to read about them. Something I enjoy, probably because I grew up on EGM. When I had no money for games as a kid, that would be my key to the world of games, and I would read it cover to back. So now that is instilled in me, and it brings me joy to do it still. If I can get my hands on a game to play it then I will, but not often. When I was deployed though I had plenty of time to play games! Go figure!!!

I can totally relate to reading about games all day long and not playing much.

When I got bored of my PS2 I read tons of DC,GC and Xbox magazines and hardly played anything.

After my PS3 broke and I played through Persona 4 and 100% Okami on PS2, I haven't had much motivation to play other games. Of course, I can't play Gamecube games because I don't have my GC controller here, and I don't have any other systems besides PS2 and Wii. I spend most of my time online reading about games, or at least I have been the past few weeks.

Games are getting shorter and shorter these days.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:

Speed runs have always been short. If I recall correctly, Super Metroid had a speed run of only 30 minutes. 

If you judge the overall lenght of a game based only on speed runs...then even games from the NES era were extremely short. 

A first playthrough on Dark Souls can go from anywhere between 50 - 80 hours.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:

Speed runs have always been short. If I recall correctly, Super Metroid had a speed run of only 30 minutes. 

If you judge the overall lenght of a game based only on speed runs...then even games from the NES era were extremely short. 

Reading comprehension is getting less and less these days.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:

Witty comments are getting rarer and rarer these days.

Faxanadu said:
lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:

After an entire day of work since 7 A.M, sarcasm on the net is the last thing I look out for.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Chrizum said:
Faxanadu said:
lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:

Witty comments are getting rarer and rarer these days.

At least someone is getting the hang of it.

OT: I have now watched the whole 7 parts, and I must say the game looks quite interesting. I would get thoroughly lost though.

I watched the first few videos and that guy just simply must have been a tester on that game or played it non-stop since release. It's definitely not unfeasible to know every trick the game throws at you, but that would require A LOT of time with the game.

Since I doubt someone could really learn everything that quickly about the game even if it had been out for a month, he must have been a tester for From Software.  Nonetheless, still an awesome feat.  By the time he's at the 12 minute mark he's already way past my four or so hours of play.

this is insane!!

I find Demon's Souls really hard, wonder how hard this one is :@

but hard games where you have to memorise opponent locations remind of the good old PS times : P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^