By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you wonder why humanity hasn't advanced much?

Next big innovation from Humanity even if its not within our lifetime.

Light Speed Travel 8 6.25%

Flying Cars 4 3.13%

Discover a habitable planet 13 10.16%

Cure a deadly disease such as HIV or Cancer 63 49.22%

Robots thinking for thems... 14 10.94%

Finding Alien life (freindly hopefully) 4 3.13%

Teleportation 6 4.69%

Something i didn't list 16 12.50%

Total:128

Im talking like in terms of flying cars, space exploration etc.... it seems like we as a species haven't made very many advancements. Or maybe i just expect to much from Humanity.

Around the Network

We've made advancements, but many aren't super evident. Imagine what cars and planes must have first been like to people. Space exploration is a huge advancement, it will be a long process.

Society is the reason we no longer advance to be honest.

The theory of only the strong survive is now dead thanks to governments (i.e. welfare, health care, etc.)

But it seems you're just talking inventions and stuff. From your list the only realistic things are self thinking robots and cures for diseases.

Teleportation, light speed travel, finding a habitable planet all not gonna happen (at least in my lifetime)

robots as they will end slavery and economic slavery.

the work load will be off our hands. then we can pursue other great goals like

habitable planet(it will take a long time though)

digital world(like tron,inside our video games)

Around the Network

Well we have made decent advancements but the thing that's holding us back is the government/companies, ect that only allow advancement to come in increments so that they can get the maximum amount of money from everything.

NYANKS said:
We've made advancements, but many aren't super evident. Imagine what cars and planes must have first been like to people. Space exploration is a huge advancement, it will be a long process.

Which happened sixty years ago.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

We'll discover habitable planets first. Not by actually visiting them, but with telescopes and such from Earth.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I never wonder about this, because we have.

Have you considered taking a history class? Or, if you're not out of high school, paying attention in the ones you're required to go to?

ctalkeb said:
I never wonder about this, because we have.

Have you considered taking a history class? Or, if you're not out of high school, paying attention in the ones you're required to go to. 

Do you have a link to back up your statement or are you just spewing out information you have no clue about?

When i say Light speed travel i mean humans actually being able to travel at that speed not particles , when i say discover a habitable planet i mean humans actually landing on the ground and living there. I think you get my point