By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your GOTY so far?

My humble picks.

Dead Space 2.  It creeped the hell out of me.  The game play was super smooth and the atmosphere was amazing.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.  The stealth alone made this one of the best games I have played.  I could not get enough of it.  The graphics
were also very detailed, giving it a good cyber punk look.

Rage.  For me, it was the first time I was really awed by the graphics.  They are very detailed and crisp.  The gunfights were intense and I got hooked pretty bad on the collectible card game.

Arkham City.  Just started it, but it might come up on top.  The graphics are up there with the best of them, but the overall look of the city combined with the story, characters, game play, story and Catwoman will probably make this game my favourite of all time. 

Like I said in another thread, pretty sure Uncharted 3 and Skyrim will be contenders too.
What do you guys think?

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

Dark Souls! with Deus Ex & Portal 2 being tied for a distant second. That could change with Arkham City or Skyward Sword though.

1. Ghost Trick- Brilliant nintendo ds game. Love everything about it

2. Dead Space 2- Great atmosphere. Fun gameplay. Pretty frightening 

3. Portal 2- Love the humor. Co-op was great. Was slightly disappointing, but this year so far has been pretty disappointing. 

Games that I think could make the list but I haven't played yet or haven't come out yet.

Dues Ex

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Batman Arkham City

Ratched and Clank All 4 One

Professor Layton and the Last Spector

Jay520 said:
Dark Souls! with Deus Ex & Portal 2 being tied for a distant second. That could change with Arkham City or Skyward Sword though.

I think I am going to give Dark Souls a shot.  I have heard only good things about it. 

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

PSN Elemental Monster Card Game (no joke)

disc Little Big Planet 2

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

easily Killzone 3.
no other game has lost me so many hours of my life than Killzone.
it is just such a fun game.
it has a super fun campaign, that is a thrill ride to go through, constantly throwing things in your face.
it has great gameplay, and huge variety in gameplay, from jetpacks, to spaceship levels, to mech suits, to vehicle sections, to fighting in zero G. killzone has everything and its just so visceral... just look at the fricken brutal melee, they are awesome.

also its multiplayer is unsurpassed by any game i have ever played, it has super deep leveling system, dedicated servers, caries over the jetpacks and mechs for new twists in the multiplayer. each class is needed for your team to succeed.
and the Move, you cant forget about the move. its awesome in this game, perfect implementation of it, no game comes close to it yet. i always played with the move, and was able to effortlessly pull off headshot after headshot, my kill/death ratio is around 2.5. the Move is awesome in this game.

and last but not least. the Visuals.
no game comes close to its visual mastery, not even Uncharted 2 or God of War 3. the gun models are unreal in this game, no game comes close to having a good of looking guns as killzone. the environments are richly detailed, nothing being overlooked, the character models, no first person shooter comes close in this department. the lighting, and particle effects...oh my. so much stuff is happening on the screen at every moment, yet its able to do this with a rock solid framerate, that never drops or tears, all in beautiful 720p (what other fps is in 720p)

Xenoblade Chronicles. Yes a Wii game.

I'm gonna go with Yakuza 4.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

difficult to pick just one...

KZ3 - for the MP
inFamous 2 - for the SP
Duodecim - for being awesome lol

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

so far bioshock 2