By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
Chrizum said:
- GT5 looks a little bit more authentic when you look at the cars, Forza 4 looks prettier but perhaps a bit overdone (tie)

- GT5 has a much better interior view. Sure, it has mostly crappy shadows, but Forza 4 doesn't have any shadows at all and it looks too smooth. (GT5 wins)

- GT5 has better visual road physics as you can feel every bump at high speed, even in a YouTube video. Forza 4 is too flat. (GT5 wins)

- Forza 4 has much, much better track detail. GT5's trees look ridiculous. (Forza 4 wins)

- GT5's skyline looks more spectacular, but lacks bloom. Forza 4's looks perhaps a little more bland but compensates with lighting. (tie)

- Forza 4 definitely has better car sounds than GT5. GT5 lacks punch, whereas Forza 4 sounds really raw and authentic. (Forza 4 wins)

Forza 4 has much better performance. It's rock steady at 60fps and has no screen tearing. GT5 is often smooth but can be a mixed bag when things get rough. (Forza 4 wins)

Overall audiovisual end result: GT5 wins 2/7, Forza 4 wins 3/7, 2/7 are ties.

I'd have to say Forza 4 edges out GT5 slightly on the audiovisual front, especially because performance is defintely the most important factor and Forza 4 wins that one with quite a margin.

Smooth 60FPS and no significant screen tearing.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Chrizum said:
- GT5 looks a little bit more authentic when you look at the cars, Forza 4 looks prettier but perhaps a bit overdone (tie)

- GT5 has a much better interior view. Sure, it has mostly crappy shadows, but Forza 4 doesn't have any shadows at all and it looks too smooth. (GT5 wins)

- GT5 has better visual road physics as you can feel every bump at high speed, even in a YouTube video. Forza 4 is too flat. (GT5 wins)

- Forza 4 has much, much better track detail. GT5's trees look ridiculous. (Forza 4 wins)

- GT5's skyline looks more spectacular, but lacks bloom. Forza 4's looks perhaps a little more bland but compensates with lighting. (tie)

- Forza 4 definitely has better car sounds than GT5. GT5 lacks punch, whereas Forza 4 sounds really raw and authentic. (Forza 4 wins)

Forza 4 has much better performance. It's rock steady at 60fps and has no screen tearing. GT5 is often smooth but can be a mixed bag when things get rough. (Forza 4 wins)

I'd have to say Forza 4 edges out GT5 slightly on the audiovisual front, especially because performance is defintely the most important factor and Forza 4 wins that one with quite a margin.

double post.

Nsanity said:
Chrizum said:

Yes, thanks for repeating exactly what I said. Imagine people not having heard when I said it the first time!

Chrizum said:
Nsanity said:
Chrizum said:

Yes, thanks for repeating exactly what I said. Imagine people not having heard when I said it the first time!

Your welcomed.

ethomaz said:
Chrizum said:

I disagree just the bolded part... Forza 4 (just listening the videos) has the sound over the real to look like the cars are more powerful than they... GT5 is more  authentic inside or outside of the car.

YOU NEVER PLAYED THE GAME!!!!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

Many of the backgrounds in GT5 are pre-rendered (Mountains in the Swiss Alps course for instance, or backdrop in any custom track or Rally event). I would say Forza 4 should win this because it renders distant objects in game, and many of the on track opbjects (like towers and stuff) appear to have a higher polygon count and look more authentic.

I would say Forza  wins here, but this is your opinion.

I also disagree about car interiors. Yes GT5 has better shadows (Forza 4 still has shadows in car), but often times those shadows are pixelated as hell, and that just distracts me.

Anyway, this thread will never end, I accept your opinion as you clearly have taken some time to look into this and don't appear to be biased too much.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:
Chrizum said:

I disagree just the bolded part... Forza 4 (just listening the videos) has the sound over the real to look like the cars are more powerful than they... GT5 is more  authentic inside or outside of the car.

What I wrote? Calm down bro... read first.

ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:
Chrizum said:

What I wrote? Calm down bro... read first.

Just wanted to make the point clear, not angry.

Look your judging the videos you see online of Forza 4, to what you remember of GT5. Forza 4 sounds more authentic, if you ca't hear this then maybe you just don' know what a ferrarri sounds like in real life, or maybe you should play the game in real life because many of those hig frequecy pitches aren't heard online. Your TV/Sound system has more speakers, your computer/laptop probably doesn't even have a sub, even a small one. You need a proper sound system to appreciate the sounds in this game, that's wy I'm investing money now into a surround sound system.

Forza 4 changes the sound inside and outside of the car, and in Forza 4 you hear subtle pitches which do exist, but GT5 doesn't replicate. Each car sounds unique, I can tell apart a Camero and Mustang engine apart in real life, and in Forza 4 they sound right, especially with the right sound system. In GT5 the Camero and Mustang sound far too similar because it doesn't replicate some of the higher end frequencies.

If your old, you hearing naturally goes, and you loose the ability to hear high frequency. It's okay ethomaz, your just getting old (lol jking)

GT5's sound are way more spot on. Forza's aren't like you're in the cockpit.

yo_john117 said:
^^ Wow that video was just pure eye candy.

GT5's skybox is just unreal and it does look like GT5 models the bumps on the trackways better than F4 (of course i've never actually seen cockpit footage of a car going that fast on Nurbruging)

GT5's cockpit mode is definitely better than F4's, however F4 has much better sound and track detail is slightly better in F4. But it's not that big of a difference on this track.

I agree with everything you say but let me tell you the skybox in FM4 Nurburg track is definately more realistic for that part of the world. Not sure why PD picked a lovely blue sky when Nurburg is usually quite grey, cold and wet heck it even snows there. After all it is up in the mountains. If your into cars it's well worth going to the Nurburgring, the winding roads on the way up there are AMAZING and the actual track itself is frightening. Plus there are super and racing cars everywhere.