By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461

Having the slightest bit if bias towards something will always affect your judgment. Even if you yourself believe that you are being unbiased and are sure that you are being as open minded as possible, this bias will still affect your opinion and judgment.

People could say that "hey I have both consoles and am unbiased but i think xxx game is better" but still, these people have their preferred game/console which will no doubt affect their opinions.

Best way to go is grab some of the best screen shots and videos you can get and post them without labeling anything. Just label it picture a and picture b and video a and video b. Then don't ask people which is which but ask them which looks better.

I on the otherhand will not comment or give my opinion on this as I am a rabid sony fanboy! XD Plus, my PS3 is dead, sold my Wii and Xbox360 some time ago and am now stuck with a PSP and a 3DS. So, I really dont care as I cant play any of these games. If I cant play it, I care not!

I'm only here for the lols! lols!

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:

As far as the sim aspects of games go, I trust you a lot more than most other people here.

This is a bit off topic but are all A class cars in Forza 4 such a bitch to handle? I really can't race with them without traction control on.

First, thank you.

Second, you get used to it. One of the reasons mid-engined cars are faster is because the back end drifts so easily. By putting your car in a minor drift, you are angling the car toward the apec of the turn more naturally, and more power is used to push your car towards the apex.

When you get better, controlling a mid-engined beast becomes more natural. For instance I gave a friend a race spec Corvette ZR1 in GT5, and he told me the car was undrivable, but honestly I thought it was very forgiving, and smooth. When I watch replays of myself race in GT5 and Forza 3/4 I drift considerably now, and I don't even notice.

When I'm done Forza 3, I'll show you how it's done in Forza 4.

Really so doing a slight drift is the best way to take a corner?

I actually have an easier time in S class cars than I do in A class cars for some reason.

yo_john117 said:
Michael-5 said:
yo_john117 said:

As far as the sim aspects of games go, I trust you a lot more than most other people here.

This is a bit off topic but are all A class cars in Forza 4 such a bitch to handle? I really can't race with them without traction control on.

First, thank you.

Second, you get used to it. One of the reasons mid-engined cars are faster is because the back end drifts so easily. By putting your car in a minor drift, you are angling the car toward the apec of the turn more naturally, and more power is used to push your car towards the apex.

When you get better, controlling a mid-engined beast becomes more natural. For instance I gave a friend a race spec Corvette ZR1 in GT5, and he told me the car was undrivable, but honestly I thought it was very forgiving, and smooth. When I watch replays of myself race in GT5 and Forza 3/4 I drift considerably now, and I don't even notice.

When I'm done Forza 3, I'll show you how it's done in Forza 4.

Really so doing a slight drift is the best way to take a corner?

I actually have an easier time in S class cars than I do in A class cars for some reason.

Learned that in GT3. Yea for any corner in a mod engined car, you want the back out out a little bit so your car faces straight into the turn. However this is for wider turns where you still press the gas. For smaller turns (this i learned in Forza 2), do not brake and turn at the same time. I brake very late and take the turn fast, but I don't start turning until I let go of the brake. The traction needed to brake will reduce the traction you need to turn, and cause you to slide off the track. You would be surprised how fast you can do a turn if you just let go of the brake.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ils411 said:
Having the slightest bit if bias towards something will always affect your judgment. Even if you yourself believe that you are being unbiased and are sure that you are being as open minded as possible, this bias will still affect your opinion and judgment.

People could say that "hey I have both consoles and am unbiased but i think xxx game is better" but still, these people have their preferred game/console which will no doubt affect their opinions.

Best way to go is grab some of the best screen shots and videos you can get and post them without labeling anything. Just label it picture a and picture b and video a and video b. Then don't ask people which is which but ask them which looks better.

I on the otherhand will not comment or give my opinion on this as I am a rabid sony fanboy! XD Plus, my PS3 is dead, sold my Wii and Xbox360 some time ago and am now stuck with a PSP and a 3DS. So, I really dont care as I cant play any of these games. If I cant play it, I care not!

Well then I guess I am biased towards Forza. What's funny is I used to be a GT fan before I got my 360 and played Forza. However PS2 and prior, what console game came close to GT quality?

However in all fairness I think my bias comes from personal preference. Forza is better structured as a game, and reviews show that (average 10% higher meta score among the franchises), and I just appreciate those aspects of Forza a lot.

Outside of Forza, I like JRPG's and Sci-Fi shooters, so I probably have a bias towards Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and even Resident Evil. However did you see me rant about Gears of War 3 when it came out? Or even Halo?

Forza is attacked far too much on this website, and I just feel the need to defend it because sometimes that insults are extremely biased and ignorant (don't need to brake in Forza 3 to corner, physics are a joke compared to GT5, and Forza 4 cars looking like GT5 Standard cars, and Premium cars are a whole new level). Forza being a better game AND being a game which matches my preferences of gameplay more I do defend it more then I should, but who else on this website will? I say 1 small comment on Uncharted 3 (a franchise I also like) and 5 people attack me. Who defends Forza?

It's an underappreciatted game.

BTW attack Fire Emblem....... or Front Mission. I will RAGE!!! I am biased towards those franchises, that I cannot deny.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network

^^ Wow that video was just pure eye candy.

GT5's skybox is just unreal and it does look like GT5 models the bumps on the trackways better than F4 (of course i've never actually seen cockpit footage of a car going that fast on Nurbruging)

GT5's cockpit mode is definitely better than F4's, however F4 has much better sound and track detail is slightly better in F4. But it's not that big of a difference on this track.

yo_john117 said:
(of course i've never actually seen cockpit footage of a car going that fast on Nurbruging)

Mohasus said:
yo_john117 said:
(of course i've never actually seen cockpit footage of a car going that fast on Nurbruging)

Looks like my original assumption was right. I mean F4 doesn't do that bad either for mapping bumps on the track but GT5 is definitely better in that asppect.

For interior view, I don't see much of a difference. I have to look at the odometers and stuff to tell the games apart. Both Forza 4 and GT5 are phenomenal, and you have to give Forza 4 credit, it does it on a lesser machine.

Michael-5 said:
ils411 said:

Well then I guess I am biased towards Forza. What's funny is I used to be a GT fan before I got my 360 and played Forza. However PS2 and prior, what console game came close to GT quality? 

Thats Cool. That shows your open minded and are willing to give new things a chance. Its not a crime to switch preferences.

However in all fairness I think my bias comes from personal preference. Forza is better structured as a game, and reviews show that (average 10% higher meta score among the franchises), and I just appreciate those aspects of Forza a lot.

Like I said, no matter how open minded we try, our personal preference will always affect our judgements and our choices. I myself have my own preferences and admit that due to these personal preferences causes me to be a bit biased (or overly biased, like FFXIII on X360 VS PS3... X360 version is the crap! lol!). But its all good, as long as we try to keep an open mind, which base on most of your post you are doing. Good job!

Outside of Forza, I like JRPG's and Sci-Fi shooters, so I probably have a bias towards Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and even Resident Evil. However did you see me rant about Gears of War 3 when it came out? Or even Halo?

Forza is attacked far too much on this website, and I just feel the need to defend it because sometimes that insults are extremely biased and ignorant (don't need to brake in Forza 3 to corner, physics are a joke compared to GT5, and Forza 4 cars looking like GT5 Standard cars, and Premium cars are a whole new level). Forza being a better game AND being a game which matches my preferences of gameplay more I do defend it more then I should, but who else on this website will? I say 1 small comment on Uncharted 3 (a franchise I also like) and 5 people attack me. Who defends Forza?

I blame it on the rabid X360 fanboy (notice its just 1). Naturaly, when GT5 is attacked, all of the rabid Sony fanboys will come running in its defence. From this thread, I notice that many of the GT5 fanboys are happy with their game and dont really give much care if F4 did better review wise (except from the moer hardcore rabid mouth foaming fanboys). Now here comes this particular X360 fanboy posting cherry picked stuff to make GT5 look bad. Naturally all hell will break lose. Yeah, I think thats pretty much it, thats what started all this crap load of shit.

As for U3, you bet your ass they'll eat you alive!!!!!! Hell, I no longer have any current gen home console but I still think Uncharted is awesome and I will curse you to damnation for speaking against Uncharted!! lol!  Uncharted is the 1st and only 3rd person shooter I actually enjoyed playing and finishing with a male protagonist (I prefere female heroines coz most of the time they look damn pretty and sexy! yeah, theres something really wrong with me.. must be coz I'm a maniac or something..)

It's an underappreciatted game.

Naw, I'm sure many here appreciate it. I'm sure that many PS360 owners here have both GT5 and F4 and are enjoying them both. Its most likely that many of the PS360 owners are not too biased and are busy playing.  I myself think it looks really good and would really want to try it..to bad I dont have any curent gen consoles...so yeah, i take that back, its UUUGGGLY!!!! And I curse all of you who can play it and GT5! I HATE YOU ALL! (I am one sad sour grape!)

BTW attack Fire Emblem....... or Front Mission. I will RAGE!!! I am biased towards those franchises, that I cannot deny.

Fire Emblem is cool. Front Mission is crap!!! YEAH! take that!!