By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 vs F4 graphics (from in cockpit)/sound youtube comparison video--updated with DF comparison.

What is better for each game?

Sound: Forza 4 29 6.26%

Sound: GT5 6 1.30%

Graphics: Forza 4 14 3.02%

Graphics: GT5 67 14.47%

Sound/Graphics: Forza 4 109 23.54%

Sound/Graphics: GT5 144 31.10%

Sound: Both about the same 1 0.22%

Graphics: Both about the same 6 1.30%

Sound/Graphics: Both about the same 16 3.46%

See results. 69 14.90%

Total:461
Aldro said:
GT5's sound are way more spot on. Forza's aren't like you're in the cockpit.

Have you pushed any car in real life that way? I've done the Camero and Mustang, and I can say Forza 4 does it a lot better. You just don't hear the high frequency sounds cars make in GT5.

Also prior there is a post between a Ferrarri 438 Italia real life and in Forza. It's basically spot on.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Chrizum said:
- GT5 looks a little bit more authentic when you look at the cars, Forza 4 looks prettier but perhaps a bit overdone (tie)

- GT5 has a much better interior view. Sure, it has mostly crappy shadows, but Forza 4 doesn't have any shadows at all and it looks too smooth. (GT5 wins)

- GT5 has better visual road physics as you can feel every bump at high speed, even in a YouTube video. Forza 4 is too flat. (GT5 wins)

- Forza 4 has much, much better track detail. GT5's trees look ridiculous. (Forza 4 wins)

- GT5's skyline looks more spectacular, but lacks bloom. Forza 4's looks perhaps a little more bland but compensates with lighting. (tie)

- Forza 4 definitely has better car sounds than GT5. GT5 lacks punch, whereas Forza 4 sounds really raw and authentic. (Forza 4 wins)

Forza 4 has much better performance. It's rock steady at 60fps and has no screen tearing. GT5 is often smooth but can be a mixed bag when things get rough. (Forza 4 wins)

Overall audiovisual end result: GT5 wins 2/7, Forza 4 wins 3/7, 2/7 are ties.

I'd have to say Forza 4 edges out GT5 slightly on the audiovisual front, especially because performance is defintely the most important factor and Forza 4 wins that one with quite a margin.

I disagree just the bolded part... Forza 4 (just listening the videos) has the sound over the real to look like the cars are more powerful than they... GT5 is more  authentic inside or outside of the car.

That's just not true ethomaz. You guys do realize when you put the pedal to the medal that cars are loud as hell in general..even crappy ones.

Here's the Top Gear Pagani Zonda review, listen to the sound when they are driving it (and most of the time they aren't even really pushing the car) Now watch the video that was posted above. F4 sounds almost exactly on with the Zonda whilst GT5 has the high pitch sound way overdone not to mention not as good sound quality overall.

Badassbab said:
yo_john117 said:
^^ Wow that video was just pure eye candy.

GT5's skybox is just unreal and it does look like GT5 models the bumps on the trackways better than F4 (of course i've never actually seen cockpit footage of a car going that fast on Nurbruging)

GT5's cockpit mode is definitely better than F4's, however F4 has much better sound and track detail is slightly better in F4. But it's not that big of a difference on this track.

I agree with everything you say but let me tell you the skybox in FM4 Nurburg track is definately more realistic for that part of the world. Not sure why PD picked a lovely blue sky when Nurburg is usually quite grey, cold and wet heck it even snows there. After all it is up in the mountains. If your into cars it's well worth going to the Nurburgring, the winding roads on the way up there are AMAZING and the actual track itself is frightening. Plus there are super and racing cars everywhere.

Yeah I would love to go to Nurburging  but unfortunately I am in the middle of the US. Maybe one day for a vacation though!

yo_john117 said:

That's just not true ethomaz. You guys do realize when you put the pedal to the medal that cars are loud as hell in general..even crappy ones.

Here's the Top Gear Pagani Zonda review, listen to the sound when they are driving it (and most of the time they aren't even really pushing the car) Now watch the video that was posted above. F4 sounds almost exactly on with the Zonda whilst GT5 has the high pitch sound way overdone not to mention not as good sound quality overall.

Want to add to that. In Top Gear, the Pagani Zonda R was so loud, that Jermemy Clarkson had to get a headset to speak because the resular speakers couldn't pick him up over the volume.

pezus I think it's just you. Maybe some crappy cars are like that, but in real life crap cars have crap insulation anyway. Also I said before, many mid-engined cars have a direct port in the passenger area to echo the engine noises because street regulations limit the engine sounds.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

pezus said:
Is it me or does the car sound exactly the same inside and outside in Forza 4? Try jumping in time from the inside to the outside, it's the exact same sound!

Nope it most certainly is not. There is definitely a noticeable difference when you go from the outside view to the cockpit view to the bumper view, ect.

Around the Network
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
Is it me or does the car sound exactly the same inside and outside in Forza 4? Try jumping in time from the inside to the outside, it's the exact same sound!

Nope it most certainly is not. There is definitely a noticeable difference when you go from the outside view to the cockpit view to the bumper view, ect.

Hmm I want to hear opinions from more people too, because I sure can't hear the difference..especially at 6:05. I should try asking someone who has no opinion on either game. 

Talking about this video btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjR8r7fWfw&feature=player_embedded

I put on my headphones and still didn't hear a difference. At least in this video there doesn't seem to be a difference

Yes there is a difference from the different views in Forza 4.

Source: I own Forza 4 and GT5

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

pezus said:
darklich13 said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

Hmm I want to hear opinions from more people too, because I sure can't hear the difference..especially at 6:05. I should try asking someone who has no opinion on either game. 

Talking about this video btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjR8r7fWfw&feature=player_embedded

I put on my headphones and still didn't hear a difference. At least in this video there doesn't seem to be a difference

Yeah but what about the video. Could it be just this particular car or what?

In the video I don't hear a noticeable difference but I know from actually playing the game you can definitely tell the difference in all the cars i've driven in.

Try this video. I can hear changes in it.....although it's pretty tough to hear sometimes with the twice as loud music in the video.

YEAH! lol! I knew you'd all be back! lol!

now, lets put and end to this silly thing and I will now give you the final pure unbiased judgment of which is better

Forza 4
F - 6
o - 15
r - 18
z - 26
a - 1
4 - 4
Forza 4 = 80/13=5.15=round up to 6

Gran Turismo 5
G - 7
r - 18
a - 1
n - 14
T - 20
u - 21
r - 18
i - 9
s - 19
m - 13
o - 15
5 - 5
GT5 = 160/13=12.3=round up to 13

GT5 - F4 = 13 - 6 =7

FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE FOR PS360 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolololol!!!!!11!!!!one11111...

ils411 said:
YEAH! lol! I knew you'd all be back! lol!

now, lets put and end to this silly thing and I will now give you the final pure unbiased judgment of which is better

Forza 4
F - 6
o - 15
r - 18
z - 26
a - 1
4 - 4
Forza 4 = 80/13=5.15=round up to 6

Gran Turismo 5
G - 7
r - 18
a - 1
n - 14
T - 20
u - 21
r - 18
i - 9
s - 19
m - 13
o - 15
5 - 5
GT5 = 160/13=12.3=round up to 13

GT5 - F4 = 13 - 6 =7

FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE FOR PS360 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolololol!!!!!11!!!!one11111...

:o 

I knew there was something bigger underneath all this! Quick go tell Carl so he can finally do his FF7 remake dance!

pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
darklich13 said:
pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

Yeah but what about the video. Could it be just this particular car or what?

In the video I don't hear a noticeable difference but I know from actually playing the game you can definitely tell the difference in all the cars i've driven in.

Try this video. I can hear changes in it.....although it's pretty tough to hear sometimes with the twice as loud music in the video.

Hmm if there is a difference it's probably pretty subtle because I don't hear it. At least it's probably much more subtle than the difference when changing views in GT5, now that's a pretty massive difference especially if you have a surround sound system.

Like I said if you actually play the game you can definitely hear the difference, although like you said GT5's difference is more clear. I also don't know how big of a difference there is for sound going from inside a vehicle to behind it in third person view.