By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Wall Street Protests

badgenome said:
deskpro2k3 said:

So this guy wants us to be governed by a supercomputer like in Appleseed?

would be awesome lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
kingofwale said:

one of the most senseless protests of all time, no fixed agenda or goal, no organizations, no plan going forward.

people cry about police brutality, why not go to a third world countries and actually learn what the word means. the same goes for 'poverty in US', most second or third world people simply laugh at us for claiming so, this is even factoring in PPP (if you don't know what PPP is, you shouldn't be making such claims)

What does PPP mean anyway when USA has the highest percentage of people living in poverty of ALL Western developped countries (yes worse than bankrupt Greece).   More than 16% or 1 on every 6 citizens live in poverty and the number is still growing and is expected to be close to 20% in 2014-2015.  Around 15 million children in USA don't know if they will get a decent meal today and you come up with something like PPP ...that's ridiculous;.

You do know that poverty is subjectivly chosen based on GDP and PPP right?

So such numbers are somewhat off in that arguement.

To use an exaggeration example to show the point...

In a society where everything cost the same as it does in the US and every citizen makes 8,000 a year... there would be no poverty.

Allfreedom99 said:

trust me, I agree. I was just trying to make a point that there will always be some form of greed in any form of society. Thats human nature. Some people in this thread sound like they want a more "fair" society with redistribution. My definition of a "Fair" society is one that allows all people to have equal opportunity in the economy, not to sit on their butt at home and collect a check from the government while others work.

Trust me, I know many people that would LOVE the option to work, but simply aren't being chosen for the job.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Basically every single article i've read on brutality has basically been proven false by bothering to check another news sites articles.

So i'm extremely wary of any claims of brutality.

I work on Bay Street and I can say that this is not mindless. Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, etc. have stolen billions and have not created a real dollar of good for the country, and get bailouts while citizens cannot default on loans such as student loans.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Iveyboi said:
I work on Bay Street and I can say that this is not mindless. Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, etc. have stolen billions and have not created a real dollar of good for the country, and get bailouts while citizens cannot default on loans such as student loans.

I would like you to expand on some things here.

1)  How did they steal billions?  If your talking bailout money.  That's not stealing, though I agree they should of never got the bailout money as other banks would of taken their place.

2)  Why you don't think any of the money lent to buisnesses and start ups count as creating a real dollar and how people would get money without banks?

3) Why are you blaming the banks for student loans when those are all government controlled, and the reason why you can't wipe student loans is the government wants it's money.  (However you CAN default on said loans... and when you do the government takes an even bigger chunk out of your money and forces payments.)

About those banks, I'd like to add my own thoughts about it. When you invest 100 dollars in a bank, they multiply that by 9 and they send it out 9 different ways. They just don't make money on the initial investment, they make it 9 times the initial investment. In other words it is fake money they printed out of thin air, and the inflation is considered a tax.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
About those banks, I'd like to add my own thoughts about it. When you invest 100 dollars in a bank, they multiply that by 9 and they send it out 9 different ways. They just don't make money on the initial investment, they make it 9 times the initial investment. In other words it is fake money they printed out of thin air, and the inflation is considered a tax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFz1VVXsWRU

Assuming you watched this?

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Kasz216 said:
Basically every single article i've read on brutality has basically been proven false by bothering to check another news sites articles.

Hope you're not reference checking with Fox.

Here, check this out, this is raw unedited footage from one of the protests. The truth is right in front of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU9Dx0x9h4A

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:
Kasz216 said:

Hope you're not reference checking with Fox.

Here, check this out, this is raw unedited footage from one of the protests. The truth is right in front of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU9Dx0x9h4A

No largely CNN and BBC.

As for that video, uh it's not raw unedited footage.  It's been edited, you'll notice that it starts well into the police aprhending her and doesn't mention WHY she was being arrested.

Funny accusations though coming from soemone being force fed strategically edited videos youtube videos.

It's basic viral campaigning.

Provoke the shit out of the cops and then when they need to use force to do their jobs, only show that part and ignore everything leading up to it.

It's literally one of the oldest propaganda tricks in the world.   Which is why when you bother to read third party accounts of the events not tied to people directly into the movement, you see why more often then not force was justified.

For example the guy who got punched by a cop... nobody from the occupy movement bothers to mention that the guy tried to elbow the cop in the face first, the cop got knocked down and then sprayed with liquid that could be anything from water to a dangerous chemical compound...

THEN he punched the guy after he lunged toward him... yet all you see is the punch for some reason? 

Yeah, that's not edited footage at all.

For every one legitamite case there are something like 30 manufactured cases... that goes for any protest.