By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Has “Tight memory, Poor IO Performance” – John Carmack

The PS3 would really be something if it had more memory. Oh well....

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
selnor said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rainbird said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
johny boy go to this adress and learn something:

1601 Cloverfield Blvd. Suite 6000 North
City Santa Monica
California
United States of America

"old dogs don't learn new tricks" this

When was the last time Sony Santa Monica made an openworld game running at 60 FPS with great detail? Oh right, never.

RAGE is a whole different beast, and it's built on cutting edge technology. John Carmack learned a bunch of new tricks with RAGE, it's just a shame the PS3 can't keep up.

he can make all the tecnology he want , but this game is a failure IN ALL PLATFORMS

pc release was a mess

Sorry with the 360 install Rage on 360 is amazzing. very little wrong. Fantastic version that in terms of awesome sauce beats gears 3.

sorry but i dont thrust you

"in terms of awesome sauce beats gears 3"

LOL

You dont trust me. mmmm.

Look at my sig bud. Tells you what Ive played  recently. Gears 3 is the better game, but technically Rage is much ahead. Something I didnt expect considering Gears 3 looks amazing.

Haters with their 30fps games! iD did a fine job on the PS3.. this game really shows what 60fps means for gameplay.. hope that next gen all games are 60fps..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
selnor said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
selnor said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rainbird said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
johny boy go to this adress and learn something:

1601 Cloverfield Blvd. Suite 6000 North
City Santa Monica
California
United States of America

"old dogs don't learn new tricks" this

When was the last time Sony Santa Monica made an openworld game running at 60 FPS with great detail? Oh right, never.

RAGE is a whole different beast, and it's built on cutting edge technology. John Carmack learned a bunch of new tricks with RAGE, it's just a shame the PS3 can't keep up.

he can make all the tecnology he want , but this game is a failure IN ALL PLATFORMS

pc release was a mess

Sorry with the 360 install Rage on 360 is amazzing. very little wrong. Fantastic version that in terms of awesome sauce beats gears 3.

sorry but i dont thrust you

"in terms of awesome sauce beats gears 3"

LOL

You dont trust me. mmmm.

Look at my sig bud. Tells you what Ive played  recently. Gears 3 is the better game, but technically Rage is much ahead. Something I didnt expect considering Gears 3 looks amazing.

if you say that do we have to agree? are you the master of opinion?

No you dont have to agree. But you replied in a term as if i hadnt played either, followed by a lol.

If you didnt mean any harm, then all is good. 

:)

Around the Network

I'm not a Ps3 fan, but I can't say I agree with him. He may agrue now it's difficult to upgrade what they have already released game, but this mean there was a problem with the engine or with the game in the first place.
Anyway, John Carmack has been a genius for it's work in early 90s but, since Quake3:Arena, ID stopped to be the cutting-edge both in FPS gaming and graphics imo.

pezus said:
What excuse did he have for the PC version? Surely not tight memory...

no no no that shit doesn't count here.....just typical behavior from the 360 community, carry on

pezus said:

He hasnt made an excuse for  the PC version. He is patching it so its all good. 

It was only gfx options that were missing. annd a little more optimization. 

PC version will be fine in a few weeks.

What hes saying is there isnt anything he can do for PS3. It already struggles as it is to hold resolution, FPS and Poppin level. He cant optimize further because theres no memory left to play with. 

PC version has just taken backseat to get  console versions ready. Seems all the talk over a year ago about PS3 struggling to cope  with the game at 60FPS was not all talk.

At least now the PC version will be  beyond awesome.

pezus said:

He hasnt made an excuse for  the PC version. He is patching it so its all good. 

It was only gfx options that were missing. annd a little more optimization. 

PC version will be fine in a few weeks.

What hes saying is there isnt anything he can do for PS3. It already struggles as it is to hold resolution, FPS and Poppin level. He cant optimize further because theres no memory left to play with. 

PC version has just taken backseat to get  console versions ready. Seems all the talk over a year ago about PS3 struggling to cope  with the game at 60FPS was not all talk.

At least now the PC version will be  beyond awesome.

Kynes said:
So now an 80 (PC) 82 (X360) 84 (PS3) meta is a failure in all platforms? Can someone enlighten me on why the subtly inferior version, the PS3 one, has a higher meta?

Because it only does everything...Oh nevermind. Long Live Play it is. :)

Screw this i want 120 FPS and source engine is still rocking it despite being 7 years old. The sand in Uncharted 3 is gorgeous even at 0 frames per second (still photo). 

Would be understatement to stay Carmack is smart guy but guy does the worst kind of PR. Making statements like these. Even Treyarch didn't admit how bad the PS3 port of Black Ops was at launch. Get some other spokesperson seriously.