By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Has “Tight memory, Poor IO Performance” – John Carmack

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rainbird said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
johny boy go to this adress and learn something:

1601 Cloverfield Blvd. Suite 6000 North
City Santa Monica
California
United States of America

"old dogs don't learn new tricks" this

When was the last time Sony Santa Monica made an openworld game running at 60 FPS with great detail? Oh right, never.

RAGE is a whole different beast, and it's built on cutting edge technology. John Carmack learned a bunch of new tricks with RAGE, it's just a shame the PS3 can't keep up.

he can make all the tecnology he want , but this game is a failure IN ALL PLATFORMS

pc release was a mess

Please enlighten me as to how the game is a failure on all platforms. The PC release was messed up, that's true, but the 360 and PS3 versions are fine.

Around the Network

"RAGE has been criticized on all platforms since its launch on October 4th, especially the PC version of id Software’s shooter." so we're going to conviently forget that part....

the mandatory 8gb install for ps3 and 3 disk for 360.....we're going to forget that part too huh

well considering who's in the circle jerk going on here (only missing slowmo) .....carry on

*Filed under non issue

lets just face the facts, PS3 and 360 are old things, and we all know that the PS3 has it's issues, since it isnt developer friendly.

we need new consoles.

:P

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rainbird said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

City Santa Monica
California
United States of America

When was the last time Sony Santa Monica made an openworld game running at 60 FPS with great detail? Oh right, never.

RAGE is a whole different beast, and it's built on cutting edge technology. John Carmack learned a bunch of new tricks with RAGE, it's just a shame the PS3 can't keep up.

he can make all the tecnology he want , but this game is a failure IN ALL PLATFORMS

pc release was a mess

Sorry with the 360 install Rage on 360 is amazzing. very little wrong. Fantastic version that in terms of awesome sauce beats gears 3.

Yup im totally going to believe this guy.This coming from the guy who claimed that "the PS3 verison of the game was easy to develop because of blu-ray platform it will be one of the dominant versions"Now he does this.Not only that but Microsoft pays developers to have muliplat games look better on 360.So this is the biggest bullshit ive heard since Wii HD.

Around the Network

So now an 80 (PC) 82 (X360) 84 (PS3) meta is a failure in all platforms? Can someone enlighten me on why the subtly inferior version, the PS3 one, has a higher meta?

Also, whenever I see Rage I always laugh because of how mediocre this game is...Mediocre reviews.Mediocre co-op.Mediocre game!

Yawn....

is that why PC version is a mess right? whats the excuse for PC then? limited ram too?

I say this is just a bunch of excuses considering you have games out there that looks just as good and runs much MUCH better on their respective platfrom compared to ps3/360/PC version of rage.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rainbird said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rainbird said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

City Santa Monica
California
United States of America

pc release was a mess

Please enlighten me as to how the game is a failure on all platforms. The PC release was messed up, that's true, but the 360 and PS3 versions are fine.

Metascore

User Score

Generally unfavorablebased on 545 Ratings 

for a game with production levels like this game have its a failure in my book

RAGE PS3 has the same meta than FFXIII. Do you consider both a failure?

Kynes said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rainbird said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rainbird said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

City Santa Monica
California
United States of America

pc release was a mess

Metascore

User Score

Generally unfavorablebased on 545 Ratings 

for a game with production levels like this game have its a failure in my book

RAGE PS3 has the same meta than FFXIII. Do you consider both a failure?

And Gran Turismo 5.