By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - God of War director says Galaxy has ‘vapid story’

It's tradition, no need to change the winning formula. Excellent gameplay+ innovation+ creative levels and characters+ brilliant music+ saving the princess from Bowser = A great Mario game = Near peferct game.

Around the Network

Nintendo is still stuck in the 80s as far as storytelling goes.

@legend

Why did you change your post?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

zackblue said:
failure at god of war director? Soriku do you know who these guys are?

He's an idiot, apparantly who complains that Mario has a vapid story, well duh, story has never been the centerpiece of mario, gameplay is, something which God of war is seriously lacking

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:

He's an idiot, apparantly who complains that Mario has a vapid story, well duh, story has never been the centerpiece of mario, gameplay is, something which God of war is seriously lacking

He's an idiot because he doesn't like the story?

Nintendo fans, exert your anger when it's necessary as Avinash didn't read the whole article.

Around the Network
zackblue said:
@legend

Why did you change your post?

I didn't want to get into an argument.  Cory Barlog did make a valid point and it's sad that many people are choosing to attack him rather than admitting that he's actually right.

@Everyone that criticized the Director of God of War

Did you guys even read the entire thing? He praised SMG at the very end for it's creativity regardless of what he personally thought about it. lol

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

i think he wants Mario to fight God instead of bowser.

shio said:
After he makes a game with great story, then he can come back and criticize SMG. Until then, he has no right to.

Are you mad!?

Nintendo has been doing this with Mario since the 80's.

Save Princess Peach for all the Mario games, nothing new other than the Wii-mote and graphics.