By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - so theres actually 3.2 million jobs available in america

and yet all you hear is unemployment rate.   why is it so high when theres 3.2 million jobs available?  read this article to find out.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44838614                

i swear, everyday it becomes more and more embarassing to call myself an american...

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Around the Network

We lack a lot of smart, responsible, intelligent people to fill those vacancies.

SpaceX alone has 130 vacancies. Unfortunately, there are few Americans that went to college for the kind of careers that they need...Rather, we have a huge number of people credentialed in useless fields like Women's Studies, MBAs, and the like.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

you're either overqualified, or asking for to much money. I end up making a dumb down version of my resume not mentioning a degree or trade skill.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
you're either overqualified, or asking for to much money. I end up making a dumb down version of my resume not mentioning a degree or trade skill.

Never undersell yourself. Be all you can be. Be proud of your qualifications and do not settle for anything less than the best. You worked hard to get where you are and by God, you will succeed in the field you went in if it kills me. Gods speed my friend, gods speed.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

mrstickball said:
We lack a lot of smart, responsible, intelligent people to fill those vacancies.

SpaceX alone has 130 vacancies. Unfortunately, there are few Americans that went to college for the kind of careers that they need...Rather, we have a huge number of people credentialed in useless fields like Women's Studies, MBAs, and the like.

Funny that you mention SpaceX. I'm studying Aerospace Engineering in a university where SpaceX usually does conferences. AE is one of the most popular majors here so I get a biased feel that there's no lack of Americans going into the field. I would love to have an internship at SpaceX or NASA (this last one being very close to my university's location) and I'm sure I could get it if my qualifications stayed the same and the requirements stayed roughly the same, but there's one problem: Not American.

I know this is a tad off-topic but it's still a job-related issue. What do you guys think about that?

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

I *heart* being an engineer

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly believe that their are more Americans ashamed because you dare to ask a question about an issue that every 12 year old should comprehend.

Anyway This issue is a worldwide issue, same here in Belgium 200.000 unemployed but 140.000 job openings...

A good question is "should the government trying to attract more investors and creating jobs for the group of people that are unemployed or should those people be responsible for themself and atleast trying to improve themselves.

Because this is the situation today on the jobmarket:

Person A: A guy who is 3 months unemployed is having an interview and gets the question 'what did you do the last 3 months' : Answer: I searched for jobs and in the time that I could not have an interview or could not write an motivation letter I was learning French (or any other language/or anything else)..

Person B: A guy who is 3 months unemployed is having an interview and gets the question 'what did you do the last 3 months' : Answer: I searched for jobs and spend 6 weeks protesting and watched tv!

Who probably will get the job in this situation?

America meant something because it existed out of people who mostly existed out of Person A examples, they could lose their house but they would work/learn hard to get it back today the people sit in the park and protest that it is not fair, complaining is an luxury and that is something people don't get..

Lostplanet22 said:
I honestly believe that their are more Americans ashamed because you dare to ask a question about an issue that every 12 year old should comprehend.

Anyway This issue is a worldwide issue, same here in Belgium 200.000 unemployed but 140.000 job openings...

A good question is "should the government trying to attract more investors and creating jobs for the group of people that are unemployed or should those people be responsible for themself and atleast trying to improve themselves.

Because this is the situation today on the jobmarket:

Person A: A guy who is 3 months unemployed is having an interview and gets the question 'what did you do the last 3 months' : Answer: I searched for jobs and in the time that I could not have an interview or could not write an motivation letter I was learning French (or any other language/or anything else)..

Person B: A guy who is 3 months unemployed is having an interview and gets the question 'what did you do the last 3 months' : Answer: I searched for jobs and spend 6 weeks protesting and watched tv!

Who probably will get the job in this situation?

America meant something because it existed out of people who mostly existed out of Person A examples, they could lose their house but they would work/learn hard to get it back today the people sit in the park and protest that it is not fair, complaining is an luxury and that is something people don't get..

the guy watching TV, because americans wouldn't trust anyone speaking french

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

homer said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Never undersell yourself. Be all you can be. Be proud of your qualifications and do not settle for anything less than the best. You worked hard to get where you are and by God, you will succeed in the field you went in if it kills me. Gods speed my friend, gods speed.

Of course you have to be proud of your qualifications. But unfortunately, sometimes being too good for the job has the same reaction as being not good enough.

The interviewer or the whoever does the selection may reject you because, as you are too prepared, you will find the job unappealing so you won't give the best you can.

It's stupid (after all, if you have gone there to get that job it means that you are interested), but that's how it works.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Don't forget

A) People not wanting to do Farmwork.

B) People not living in North Dakota.

North Dakota has like and unemployment rate of 3... and you can make $15 an hour working at a Mc Donalds.

As for states where people pick fruit.... you shouldn't be able to collect welfare unless you can prove you can't work a farm job when the government could place you in one.