By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: Arkham City Review thread GOTY?

Tagged games:

God of War3 got a 10/10 and wasn't even the game of the month!

anyway i'm sure s that damn good.

Around the Network
zarx said:
binary solo said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
I loved the first Batman but Uncharted was better... now I will love this Batman but Unchqrted 3 will be better.

Just it... two AWESOME GAMES in the same year.

Both games arent even out yet, besides this thread is about Batman not Uncharted.

No, the thread is about Batman possibly being GOTY. In that context any and all potential GOTYs are legitimate talking points in this thread, especially if someone is comparing their expectations of another GOTY possibility to Batman:AC.

Me personally I'm with ethomaz on which game I liked better out of UC2 and Batman:AA. Both very good games, but Uncharted was the better for me. I fully expect to have the same views about UC3 vs. Batman: AC, though I won't be playing AC until some time in 2012.

I do not like the Elder Scrolls gameplay so Skyrim isn't even on my radar and hands down Batman: AC is  the beter game for me. Though I agree more official GOTYs will probably go to Skyrim than AC.

I really hope Dark Souls is there as a GOTY contender for the gaming media. For me Demons Souls>UC2>Batman:AA. I fully expect Dark Souls to be the better game for me than UC3 and AC. Big ups to Gamespot for giving their 2009 GOTY to Demon's Souls. I hope they show the way for Dark Souls this year.

Gears 3 WILL get plenty of GOTY attention.

Modern Warfare 3 will also get GOTY attention, though I wonder if it will set gaming media alight the same as MW2 did. MW2's metascore is 94 so I expect MW3 to be right up there on Metacritic, which means plenty of game reviewers will be giving it 95+ scores. It will be a sales beast, and along with high review scores it's got to feature in everyone's GOTY calculus.

I think Assassin's Creed: Revelations will continue the quality of that series and it will be amongst the nominees in many cases.

Forza 4 will be there too. No doubt it will win the racer of the year category with almost 100% success, and that makes it a GOTY contender. However Racers just don't seem to get the big prize and even though it'll get nominations I don't think it'll win any.

For me inFamous 2 will probably be right up there (inFamous slightly > Batman:AA to me). But I doubt it'll get onto any nomination lists, except for PS3 specific, genre specific nomination lists, maybe.

Can't think of any others, there must be some Wii contenders I just don't know any Wii games really, Is Skyward Sword 2011? If so that's got to be on the cards. PC exclusives that might be in the mix?

Plenty of competition for UC3 and Batman: AC both.

not a Portal fan eh? 

Not yet, but I will be. Got Portal 2 (PS3) for my niece's birthday. I'm hoping I'll be able to swing it so that I can use the PC download that comes with the PS3 version so that we can play together online. I did forget about Portal 2, it would have been in the list of possibles had I remembered it. But I don;t think it'll beat out the other top contenders.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So many high caliber games coming out it's insane!

Uncharted will have a hard time this time. There is a lot of contenders Batman, Dark Souls, Gears, Skyrim and etc.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Uncharted will have a hard time this time. There is a lot of contenders Batman, Dark Souls, Gears, Skyrim and etc.

quoted 4 truth

Around the Network

I think Uncharted 3 will just pit it at the post, Battlefield 3 has no chance of GOTY.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
the 5 GOTY candidates :
uncharted 3
skyrim
portal 2
batman 2
batllefield 3

winner : uncharted or batman , best year for games , so many gret games i wich i had time to play them all lol

I tend to agree with this list. I'm thinking Uncharted 3 will probably win but I'm pretty sure Batman will be my GOTY. You could probably also add Gears to your list of candidates. Depends on how much hype these games start getting. 

So stoked for Batman and Uncharted though.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
the 5 GOTY candidates :
uncharted 3
skyrim
portal 2
batman 2
batllefield 3

winner : uncharted or batman , best year for games , so many gret games i wich i had time to play them all lol

There are lot more than five candidates gunning for this years GOTY.

jeez so many people flat out saying they prefer one game over the other when these games haven't even come out yet. Lets not act like sheep fellas, say you are predicting you will like it better so you don't seem like mindless drones towards an ip.

Anyway for GOTY. I PREDICT playstation magazines will give it to uncharted 3, xbox magazines will give it to GOW3, but gaming magazines in general will give it to SKYRIM, Portal 2, and Batman. GOTY contenders don't seem to be biyearly sequels unless they are a huge improvement review wise over their predecessor. Gears of War already proved to not be and there is no way uncharted will be considering uncharted 2's reviews. I actually predict a drop similar to gears.

AA looks like it will improve over AC like uncharted 2 was to uncharted 1 score wise, unless these first few reviews are the exceptions to otherwise mediocre reviews.. Skyrim has a ridiculous amount of hype since Oblivion came out a while ago, and portal 2 has been the darling game for reviewers getting ridiculous praise, I actually thought it was just a decent game since the novelty of portal wore off a bit.

And why are so many people comparing dark souls with skyrim. Dark Souls is an incredible action game with some rpg elements, while skyrim is meant to be a full out RPG. OFC the combat is going to be worse in skyrim, its because that isn't the focus of the game. To people thinking rpg elements will be dumbed down in skyrim, just buy the pc version, mods will come out quickly to add nearly anything you desire.

anyone else think arkam city can sell 8-8.5 million units combined?

PS3: 4.3m

360: 4.1m