By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: Arkham City Review thread GOTY?

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
I loved the first Batman but Uncharted was better... now I will love this Batman but Unchqrted 3 will be better.

Just it... two AWESOME GAMES in the same year.

I like how you have already decided which game is beter so even if batman ends up  a better game, you will still claim U3 is better because humans hate being wrong about things.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

If it is anything like Arkham Asylum, I will moderately enjoy it except the stealth missions which were absolutely amazing. Why not just give me a game of those? You could take capcom's route and just release a bunch of them in a port for the 3ds. That would be coooool.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I was planning on just asking for it for Christmas but the reviews that are out got me really excited again and I went and preordered the collector's edition. Arkham Asylum, is by farrrr my favourite game of this generation and I'm thinking AC will be my GOTY.

I was planning on just asking for it for Christmas but the reviews that are out got me really excited again and I went and preordered the collector's edition. Arkham Asylum, is by farrrr my favourite game of this generation and I'm thinking AC will be my GOTY.

I can't wait for this game. Got me the Penguin steelbook on order for my PS3.

As for GOTY i think it has a great chance. It will be out of Gears 3, Batman, Skyrim and of course Uncharted 3.

However personally i don't think it will be UC3. UC2 is one of my all time fav games but i think the novelty of it will have worn off. Sort of like when Tomb Raider came out and was epic, then the follow ups were just more of the same.

Where as Batman is familliar but yet so different at the same time. Growing up watching the old tv series, the animated series and the films every incarnation is just so different. By the looks of it this version will be even more different by going a lot darker then before. Add to that the characters who we all know. Batman must have the most known villians of any franchise. Sorry Uncharted but i'd rather fight Two Face/Joker/Strange/Riddler/Penguin/Freeze etc then some Russian mafia guy!

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
I can't wait for this game. Got me the Penguin steelbook on order for my PS3.

As for GOTY i think it has a great chance. It will be out of Gears 3, Batman, Skyrim and of course Uncharted 3.

However personally i don't think it will be UC3. UC2 is one of my all time fav games but i think the novelty of it will have worn off. Sort of like when Tomb Raider came out and was epic, then the follow ups were just more of the same.

Where as Batman is familliar but yet so different at the same time. Growing up watching the old tv series, the animated series and the films every incarnation is just so different. By the looks of it this version will be even more different by going a lot darker then before. Add to that the characters who we all know. Batman must have the most known villians of any franchise. Sorry Uncharted but i'd rather fight Two Face/Joker/Strange/Riddler/Penguin/Freeze etc then some Russian mafia guy!

not even an outside shot for Deus Ex, The Legend Of Zelda, The Witcher 2 (I know it doesn't have a chance but I like it so I am including it) or Portal 2?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I honestly don't know who's going to win Game of the Year this year. Usually I can narrow it down to two games (ie: Mass Effect and Red Dead) but this year, it's insane.

My gut is telling me that Gears and Uncharted will win a few GotY awards (outside of their exclusvie publications/sites), the winner of the most awards from sites that review everything will be some other third party game or Zelda.

Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
I loved the first Batman but Uncharted was better... now I will love this Batman but Unchqrted 3 will be better.

Both games arent even out yet, besides this thread is about Batman not Uncharted.

No, the thread is about Batman possibly being GOTY. In that context any and all potential GOTYs are legitimate talking points in this thread, especially if someone is comparing their expectations of another GOTY possibility to Batman:AC.

Me personally I'm with ethomaz on which game I liked better out of UC2 and Batman:AA. Both very good games, but Uncharted was the better for me. I fully expect to have the same views about UC3 vs. Batman: AC, though I won't be playing AC until some time in 2012.

I do not like the Elder Scrolls gameplay so Skyrim isn't even on my radar and hands down Batman: AC is  the beter game for me. Though I agree more official GOTYs will probably go to Skyrim than AC.

I really hope Dark Souls is there as a GOTY contender for the gaming media. For me Demons Souls>UC2>Batman:AA. I fully expect Dark Souls to be the better game for me than UC3 and AC. Big ups to Gamespot for giving their 2009 GOTY to Demon's Souls. I hope they show the way for Dark Souls this year.

Gears 3 WILL get plenty of GOTY attention.

Modern Warfare 3 will also get GOTY attention, though I wonder if it will set gaming media alight the same as MW2 did. MW2's metascore is 94 so I expect MW3 to be right up there on Metacritic, which means plenty of game reviewers will be giving it 95+ scores. It will be a sales beast, and along with high review scores it's got to feature in everyone's GOTY calculus.

I think Assassin's Creed: Revelations will continue the quality of that series and it will be amongst the nominees in many cases.

Forza 4 will be there too. No doubt it will win the racer of the year category with almost 100% success, and that makes it a GOTY contender. However Racers just don't seem to get the big prize and even though it'll get nominations I don't think it'll win any.

For me inFamous 2 will probably be right up there (inFamous slightly > Batman:AA to me). But I doubt it'll get onto any nomination lists, except for PS3 specific, genre specific nomination lists, maybe.

Can't think of any others, there must be some Wii contenders I just don't know any Wii games really, Is Skyward Sword 2011? If so that's got to be on the cards. PC exclusives that might be in the mix?

Plenty of competition for UC3 and Batman: AC both.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:

Both games arent even out yet, besides this thread is about Batman not Uncharted.

No, the thread is about Batman possibly being GOTY. In that context any and all potential GOTYs are legitimate talking points in this thread, especially if someone is comparing their expectations of another GOTY possibility to Batman:AC.

Me personally I'm with ethomaz on which game I liked better out of UC2 and Batman:AA. Both very good games, but Uncharted was the better for me. I fully expect to have the same views about UC3 vs. Batman: AC, though I won't be playing AC until some time in 2012.

I do not like the Elder Scrolls gameplay so Skyrim isn't even on my radar and hands down Batman: AC is  the beter game for me. Though I agree more official GOTYs will probably go to Skyrim than AC.

I really hope Dark Souls is there as a GOTY contender for the gaming media. For me Demons Souls>UC2>Batman:AA. I fully expect Dark Souls to be the better game for me than UC3 and AC. Big ups to Gamespot for giving their 2009 GOTY to Demon's Souls. I hope they show the way for Dark Souls this year.

Gears 3 WILL get plenty of GOTY attention.

Modern Warfare 3 will also get GOTY attention, though I wonder if it will set gaming media alight the same as MW2 did. MW2's metascore is 94 so I expect MW3 to be right up there on Metacritic, which means plenty of game reviewers will be giving it 95+ scores. It will be a sales beast, and along with high review scores it's got to feature in everyone's GOTY calculus.

I think Assassin's Creed: Revelations will continue the quality of that series and it will be amongst the nominees in many cases.

Forza 4 will be there too. No doubt it will win the racer of the year category with almost 100% success, and that makes it a GOTY contender. However Racers just don't seem to get the big prize and even though it'll get nominations I don't think it'll win any.

For me inFamous 2 will probably be right up there (inFamous slightly > Batman:AA to me). But I doubt it'll get onto any nomination lists, except for PS3 specific, genre specific nomination lists, maybe.

Can't think of any others, there must be some Wii contenders I just don't know any Wii games really, Is Skyward Sword 2011? If so that's got to be on the cards. PC exclusives that might be in the mix?

Plenty of competition for UC3 and Batman: AC both.

not a Portal fan eh? 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I personally think uncharted is better then gears of war and draks souls far better then skyrim but Batman Arkham Asylum was GOTY for me becasue it was diffrent had replay value and was fun as hell to play. This year the GOTY for me is a race between Batman Arkham City (i dont use ac because i use it for Assasins creed) Dark souls, Assasins creed revelations and Dark souls. But i think Uncharted 3 will squeeze in there because it is a great game i played the beta and a demo at fan expo it was great. But Arkham City looks like it will better then uc3! But no way is call of duty going to win GOTY if it does i will be so pissed becasue its the exact same thing every year and yet its "one of the best games of the year" even when there are better games out!