By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Valkyria Chronicles 3 is not coming to US and Europe

Valkyria Chronicles 2 low sales and localization costs cited as key reasons for Western no-show.

The Valkyria Chronicles series was praised for being bold and fresh strategy RPGs that were both beautiful to look at and fun to play. Fans of the series will be disappointed to know that Sega is not planning to localize the third game, Valkyria Chronicles III: Unrecorded Chronicles, for North American and European markets.

During a recent interview in Singapore, Sega's team manager of console sales team Hiroshi Seno confirmed that the game would not be localized due to the PSP platform not being popular and well-liked in North America and Europe. He also said that localizing the title for English-speaking audience would require past games of that franchise to sell a particular amount of quantities; he added that Valkyria Chronicles II did not sell enough to justify localization costs.

When asked whether the game would be out as a downloadable title on the upcoming PlayStation Vita system, Seno said the company would make a concrete decision the next time it meets with Sony. Valkyria Chronicles III sold 102,779 units on its debut week of January 24 in Japan.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6339405.html?tag=newsticker%3Bheadline%3B1

Around the Network

Sega is so dumb. They are really dumb, for real.

It's a damn shame. It got so many good reviews, praising it as one of the best PSP titles out there. I never got around to play due to my Low IQ and inability to play most turn-based games....Don't judge me :/

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

badgenome said:
Sega is so dumb. They are really dumb, for real.

I don't know why I remember this.

This series' journey has been a strange and sad one. Carl will not be pleased...

Around the Network
Smeags said:
This series' journey has been a strange and sad one. Carl will not be pleased...

Every cloud has a silver lining.

badgenome said:
Smeags said:

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Indeed, Carl's tears are simply delicious. ^_^

If it goes to Vita, then no harm done to me.

/wrists

On another note, this is perfect evidence of third parties conspiring against Sony.

they made that decision based on VC2 sales? if they upscale it and release on ps3 they wont lose sales from the piracy in psp. or just release it on vita as a launch title, do that and i'll forgive you sega....