By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I'm done with shooters. How about you?

Tagged games:

Will you keep buying shooters for the next couple years?

Hell yeah! My favorite genre! 14 17.07%

Maybe a couple, but not many at full price. 32 39.02%

Used or nothing, I'm getting burned out. 13 15.85%

Screw shooters. I'm not ... 23 28.05%

Total:82

That's pretty much how I feel. TBH I've stopped Gears 3 campaign for the moment to drift back to Ico/SOTC instead. I've finally bought Deus Ex so that'll be the closest to a shooter for me for a while but I plan to play mainly stealth in that. I might have a peek at Rage more out of curiosity about id Tech5.

I've just played too many FPS now and while I'm happy for newer gamers to eat them up there's nothing new in them for me anymore - or at least it feels like that.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

I wouldn't go as far as saying its my favorite genre but yes I do very much enjoy fps as much as the good rpgs.
Battlefield 3 is probably the only fps i'm buying for the next year and bioshock infinite.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

I kind of agree. I don't like playing most things online at all. Not to mention the gross market saturation of shooters as of the last five or six years.

I'm feeling like that since 2009 at least. I wonder how this bubble is going to burst...

Good games get bought, regardless of their genre... for me it is on a game by game basis.

Around the Network

Just bought Mass Effect 2. Preordered Modern Warfare 3 and Uncharted 3. So i guess i'll be playing. I like my third person adventure games and platformers too though.

I'll be buying Uncharted 3. Resistance 3 and Gears of war 3 can wait until next year, since I already played the first 2 I guess I might as well see how it ends, or maybe not, undecided still.
Rage doesn't excite me at all, nor Battlefield or Modern warfare or Crysis remake or Halo remake or Dust 514.
Hopefully Mass Effect 3 won't be as much as a shooter as Mass Effect 2.

The only shooter I'm looking forward to, besides uncharted 3, is Ratchet and Clank all 4 one.

Now that TF2 is free, there's no need to buy another shooter

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~