By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OG NHL thread: The Cup worth biting for

Who will win?

Chicago Blackhawks 12 80.00%

Tampa Bay Lightning 3 20.00%

Total:15
Ka-pi96 said:
Poor Canadian teams

Statistically, it seems they should have won one by now. The Rangers and Blackhawks have become really dominant and other years so have the Kings. Leaving a lot less room for variety in the final rounds.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
chocoloco said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Poor Canadian teams

Statistically, it seems they should have won one by now. The Rangers and Blackhawks have become really dominant and other years so have the Kings. Leaving a lot less room for variety in the final rounds.

Just too many American teams in the league. Need to hurry up and get Quebec City back!

Quebec City is pretty small at about 700,000 in population. About the size of Winnipeg, which does seem to have a good fanebase. NHL fans have been begging for years for Pheonix/Arizona to leave the league and move to Quebec. It never happens. When talk of NHL expansion comes around iusually Quebec is considered a top choice, but so are the US cities of Seattle, Kansas City, and even Las Vegas. The population of Canada is 35.16 million while the US population is 318.9 million. Without the US the league would be very small.

Ka-pi96 said:
chocoloco said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Just too many American teams in the league. Need to hurry up and get Quebec City back!

Quebec City is pretty small at about 700,000 in population. About the size of Winnipeg, which does seem to have a good fanebase. NHL fans have been begging for years for Pheonix/Arizona to leave the league and move to Quebec. It never happens. When talk of NHL expansion comes around iusually Quebec is considered a top choice, but so are the US cities of Seattle, Kansas City, and even Las Vegas. The population of Canada is 35.16 million while the US population is 318.9 million. Without the US the league would be very small.

Maybe that's small by American standards, but by UK standards that's a pretty big city!

And yeah I've heard the rumours about relocation/expansion. Really hope that does turn in to something, would be pretty cool to see some new teams join the leauge

I am including the metro area in the size of the population not just the size of Quebec alone.  If you just count US city size alone, not including metro area, Quebec is a pretty big city. Anyways go Ducks. 

chocoloco said:

yeah but the amount of people that watch the sport in both countries is probably pretty similar

Didn't Winnepig break the arena sound record during their first home playoff game? Honestly you could put an NHL team in most Canadian cities and you will get great fan support. Build it and they will come. Quebec City, Hamilton, and Saskatoon would be my picks.
In terms of American cities I would go for Seattle. Las Vegas and Kansas City teams would be trash.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
Didn't Winnepig break the arena sound record during their first home playoff game? Honestly you could put an NHL team in most Canadian cities and you will get great fan support. Build it and they will come. Quebec City, Hamilton, and Saskatoon would be my picks.
In terms of American cities I would go for Seattle. Las Vegas and Kansas City teams would be trash.

The league seems to hate the idea of Hamilton having a team

I have to say that the Hawks only having 4 capable defensemem has caught up to them. They should have held onto Nick Leddy. The Ducks should win in 6. It pains me to say so, but it's true.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Game 4 was never in doubt for the Blackhawks.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
I have to say that the Hawks only having 4 capable defensemem has caught up to them. They should have held onto Nick Leddy. The Ducks should win in 6. It pains me to say so, but it's true.

Leddy is much better than Timonen. Can't say I hate the Ducks beating Chicago though. 

hollabackenny said:
amp316 said:

Leddy is much better than Timonen. Can't say I hate the Ducks beating Chicago though. 

I can outskate Timomen...