By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

d21lewis said:
ultraslick said:
If Microsoft doesn't cut price then the PS3 would not only win all of 2011 but may have a shot at winning the holiday season as well.
Analysis does play into it, the 360 wont just win the holiday season with nothing.

What is that first PS3 title in your sig?  Heavenly Sword?

It's dead island.

Around the Network

I'd have waited until we got shipment numbers before making this thread. Anyway, even with a 360 price cut it probably won't come out on top. The FFXIII-2, Ninokuni, and Uncharted 3 bundles will ensure that. PS3 will probably be up YOY more in Japan than what 360 won by in quarter 4 last year.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Xen said:
d21lewis said:
ultraslick said:
If Microsoft doesn't cut price then the PS3 would not only win all of 2011 but may have a shot at winning the holiday season as well.
Analysis does play into it, the 360 wont just win the holiday season with nothing.

It's dead island.

Thanks.  I'm using my TV as a monitor and I don't know which resolution to set my PC at.  The pic was just too blurry.  I'm a little disappointed, though.  Anyway, carry on.

d21lewis said:
Xen said:
d21lewis said:
ultraslick said:

It's dead island.

Thanks.  I'm using my TV as a monitor and I don't know which resolution to set my PC at.  The pic was just too blurry.  I'm a little disappointed, though.  Anyway, carry on.

1280x720 or 1920x1080, knowing you probably the latter.

Really will come down to the press In North America this holiday. If they really talk up Kinect and new Xbox Live services I can see kinect pushing 360 like last year. If that happens and MS wont be supply constrained like last year then it could happen. I also expect new holiday bundle announcement very soon as well as huge deals on 360 this year even without official price cuts.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Xen said:
d21lewis said:
ultraslick said:

It's dead island.

You King of randomness, you.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

It will be close.Closer than ever

I cant see Microsoft cutting the 360 price until early next year.

I don't think so. MS will slightly lose 2011 by less than a million.

2012 will be a huge year for MS, because they will cut the price by quite a margin. Halo 4, Star Wars and Fable won't hurt sales either. The TV offerings will start to kick in next year and have an effect on console sales.

I think MS might cut the price so significant, because they prepare a new console launch in 2013.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

one more price cuts and microsoft will give X360 for free just to stay above PS3 sales :)