By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you think it is normal having firearms?

were i come from, not having a gun is not normal!!

Around the Network

You know, that's one of the reasons I'm against taking in large numbers of refuges, but that's for another topic.

This pretty much sums up my opinion on the whole thing:

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Therefore, if murder is a bad thing, and guns are used to commit them, we should eliminate all people who would ever use a gun.”

I like it when you can twist an argument both ways (and yes I know it’s not perfect, neither is the original).

It's against the constitution to ban firearms. There's an act passed right now which gives Bush the power to declare martial law dictatorship in the event of any major economic, political, security or social event, regardless of which country it's in. What this means is that Bush can't declare his martial law until the guns are taken away from US citizens.

If you want the right to defend yourself from SWAT teams turning up on your doorstep, I suggest you fight with everything you have to keep the right to own a gun. They're exploiting school shootings on TV, and even the smallest of shootings, just to push down anti-gun rhetorics into the public mindset.

And for God's sake, if you want to join a gun group, don't join the NRA - that group, believe it or not, is actually against guns.

Nop, I don't find it normal, but there is some really dangerous places all over the world...

@mr-money 

"If you want the right to defend yourself from SWAT teams turning up on your doorstep, I suggest you fight with everything you have to keep the right to own a gun. "

What????

So, if the police comes to my house I could have the rigth to shoot them???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

mr-money - That's a strange conclusion to reach; the government have the power to declare a martial law dictatorship that could lead to heavily armed policemen using violence against its citizens and you want guns to defend against them rather than taking other measures to prevent this? Other than having guns as a preventative measure that is.

Whatever side of the gun debate someone is on that just seems like an odd take on the need for guns and possible abuses of power by a government.