By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why did The Green Lantern do bad?

Tagged games:

Did you enjoy it?

yes 6 33.33%

no 6 33.33%

The cartoon one..yes 2 11.11%

sort of 4 22.22%

Total:18

I'm in the film production field (went to school for it), and I Can tell you from a professional and knoweldgeable standpoint..the movie was pure shit. End of discussion. Poor story, lackluster special effects, bad acting, no romance, horribly done adaptation, etc. It fails on practically every level. It was just BAD. it's opening weekend was good, but people saw it sucked, so it crashed and burned.

MovieBob summed it up perfectly. he knows his shit.

If you like this movie, then you have no taste in or knowledge of quality film. at least Transformers succeeded as dumb action fun, green Lantern didn't even have that.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
The same reason why Superman Returns did so poorly, they tried to incorporate too much story in a world where the characters rely on action more than story for success. They also fucked up on the villain by not giving us a fight scene that shows off the characters true potential...they should have made the movie about Sinestro teaching Hal with Hal eventually discovering that Sinestro has been abusing his ring as a conquerer, which would have resulted in a couple epic battles between them with a great finale at the end.

This, oh god this. I cant believe people like that Superman movie. It was the only movie i had ever seen that i wanted my money back, well that an Sucker Punch.  When will they do Lex Luthor justice?! THe animatd direct to DVD movies are better

spurgeonryan said:
oniyide said:
ShadowSoldier said:
The same reason why Superman Returns did so poorly, they tried to incorporate too much story in a world where the characters rely on action more than story for success. They also fucked up on the villain by not giving us a fight scene that shows off the characters true potential...they should have made the movie about Sinestro teaching Hal with Hal eventually discovering that Sinestro has been abusing his ring as a conquerer, which would have resulted in a couple epic battles between them with a great finale at the end.

This, oh god this. I cant believe people like that Superman movie. It was the only movie i had ever seen that i wanted my money back, well that an Sucker Punch.  When will they do Lex Luthor justice?! THe animatd direct to DVD movies are better

The batman and superman animated that came out a year or so ago was good! I think there were two , I enjoyed both of them. Superman returns....I still have not seen the whole movie.

there were two and they were both badass. your not missing anything with Superman Returns, your better of just watching the animated series again

I thought the movie sucked. for a super-hero movie it was kind of lame and boring. thouse couple of action scences were really short and lame. The villian was lame and boring. I thought the concept was great,but it just did'nt flow that well.It's like all the pieces were there,but they just could'nt figure out how to put it together.

Ryan Reynolds simply can not carry a movie.

Blake Lively is a terrible actress.

The DC brand is not as audience friendly as Marvel.

The premise in general is lame, but then again, so is Thor and that did quite well.