By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - HOLY COW @DESERT

Tagged games:

Reasonable said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Reasonable said:
not watching. but playing the MP on Plus I gotta say I'm expecting the SP to look amazing because the MP looks lovely.

what do you think of the changes made? the running is crazy fast and the recoil on the AK takes alot of getting used to i think. alot of people seem to be sprinting around the maps like crazy.

That's probably my only two gripes so far.  I think the speed is a bit fast, although I wonder whether overall that might not prove more popular which may be the reasoning behind it.  I think slowing it up a little would force a slightly more methodical approach which I feel would suit the overall feel better.  The recoil also seems a little too much, allowing for a lot of dodging of death if you shoot from mid-range as there is almost always cover to hand.

But... the melee feels better than before, the maps feel better and the gameplay is a lot of fun.  TBH with so many options and a lot more vertical play than most console MP while games can go in crazy directions I always feel it's fun.

I also like the Power Play feature.  I wasn't sure about it at first but now I've played for a while I've been won over.  It allows for a chance of comeback without feeling too overbalanced as a good team that is genuinely dominating stands a fair chance of surviving a power play and it does make you work to keep your lead if your team is ahead.

Overall pretty impressed so far but I need more time and more experimentation to really find my feet with it.

Guys they have fixed that.. Or actually the forum users are saying they reverted it back.. or something gah gotta check it out myself.

TRUST me, ND are working on the blindfire+melee spam that was earlier. I am informed! XD

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
Umh I don't really see what the fuss is about graphics here, well besides the handling of console limitations.

The only thing of note is the variety of the animations, that's a level of customization to the events that is rather rare, even if many sequences feel scripted (like the fall of the dune or the fall from the roof or the falling wall in the castle), the fights do seems to have a pleasant variety and you can really see that this game will be a very comfortable ride for the player. There are still a bit of areas they could improve (nate limps but can jump 3 feet high without problems? that's because they didn't do an animation for that), but that's probably not woth the effort or computing resources ^^. In all this surely takes the spot of my most wanted PS3 game in the stead of U2 (and it sucks cause my policy is 3 games that I want to buy a console... price needs to go down soon, i'm well at 5).

Wasn't this one supposed to be in 3D too?

You seem to so far be alone in the
"Umh I don't really see what the fuss is about graphics here, well besides the handling of console limitations." thinking.

If ND really managed to "wow" so many with only one stating what you stated, thats pretty impressive!

------
GIFS ADDED GUYS!

Aldro said:
Reasonable said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Reasonable said:
not watching. but playing the MP on Plus I gotta say I'm expecting the SP to look amazing because the MP looks lovely.

what do you think of the changes made? the running is crazy fast and the recoil on the AK takes alot of getting used to i think. alot of people seem to be sprinting around the maps like crazy.

That's probably my only two gripes so far.  I think the speed is a bit fast, although I wonder whether overall that might not prove more popular which may be the reasoning behind it.  I think slowing it up a little would force a slightly more methodical approach which I feel would suit the overall feel better.  The recoil also seems a little too much, allowing for a lot of dodging of death if you shoot from mid-range as there is almost always cover to hand.

But... the melee feels better than before, the maps feel better and the gameplay is a lot of fun.  TBH with so many options and a lot more vertical play than most console MP while games can go in crazy directions I always feel it's fun.

I also like the Power Play feature.  I wasn't sure about it at first but now I've played for a while I've been won over.  It allows for a chance of comeback without feeling too overbalanced as a good team that is genuinely dominating stands a fair chance of surviving a power play and it does make you work to keep your lead if your team is ahead.

Overall pretty impressed so far but I need more time and more experimentation to really find my feet with it.

Guys they have fixed that.. Or actually the forum users are saying they reverted it back.. or something gah gotta check it out myself.

TRUST me, ND are working on the blindfire+melee spam that was earlier. I am informed! XD

What!  I've just got the hang of it now... I've been smashing poeple in the face non-stop after spraying them with bullets.  Still, I'll re-learn for the greater good.

Still really liking the MP anyway.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Aldro said:

You seem to so far be alone in the
"Umh I don't really see what the fuss is about graphics here, well besides the handling of console limitations." thinking.

If ND really managed to "wow" so many with only one stating what you stated, thats pretty impressive!

Oh i'm not denying that the game is impressive by any means. First thing I do next gen when I have a PS4 is buy all 3 uncharted (or when I get a dirt cheap PS3). I just find it way more interesting for it's gameplay, it's variety of animation and what appears to be a strong immertion of the player than for it's graphics. I just don't appreciate the graphical value of games as much as most in this thread, especially since all I see when someone says "wow the graphics!" are the flaws on the screens.

On that point, your gifs show just exactly what I find impressive in the game. (well not the jumping in the stairs, that I find just ridiculous :p)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I read this thread on my phone and had images turned off. I haven't seen any of the gifs, videos, screenshots, or drawings (if there were drawings) in this thread. Based on reactions alone, I'm in for a treat when I buy this game on day 1 in November. I can't wait!

I avoided all of the info for Gears of War 3, prior to its release. I also replayed the two previous games before the release of the newest game. I plan on doing this for Batman (re-playing AA this weekend) and Uncharted 1 and 2, too. I suggest you guys do the same. It really helps prepare you for the game and makes you appreciate the improvements, too. Save some surprises for Uncharted 3 by doing something productive--re-play Uncharted 1 and 2!!

Around the Network

looks great will rent

yeah they look good blah blah same old same old

looks great, graphics look amazing, and the gunplay looks better then ive played in uc2.

usually every year i buy one or two fps games to play multi.

i got kz3 in q1 and i played it multi, and i was going to continue doing that through ought the year as well as playing the multi of r3.

but then i saw uc3 multi and it changed my mind.

good job nd

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

A significant improvement from UC2. I am not gonna comment on the gameplay of Uncharted. I will get this one too for the amazing graphics.

Aldro said:

IMPROVED AND LONGER CHATEU GAMEPLAY VIDEO

My fucking god, those graphics!!!! HOW ARE THEY CONTINUING TO IMPROVE ON THIS! ITS AMAZING!!! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING MELEE MECHANICS GUYS!

That is some real enthusiasm for QTEs lol.