By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Herman Cain: It is your fault you are not rich...

I'm sure he would say, "blame the government", that's why he's running for prez. Will he get elected? I doubt it. But I'm really thinking about voting for this guy. Just ordered his book too - climbing up on Amazon.

Analyst say that Herman Cain is getting popular due to Bauchman and Perry's demise and that he's not a politician, but a businessman.

Around the Network

I started my job a year ago for $9.50 an hour, I have had a small promotion since then and am currently on $10.67 But as im still working hard I am currently training for a better promotion with an even better pay raise. Still not the best job ever but much better than many people who have been there for a good few years. I still consider myself lazy but eveyone else there is worse. If I wasnt lazy I would of trained up to get an even better job.

True in some instances (people who waste their potential) but for the most part its a stupid statement.

The government is more at fault than business though. They interfere too much and cause more problems than good. The only things the government should provide are national defense and police, everything else could be privately run much more effectively.

richardhutnik said:
Why weren't the parents of Herman Cain rich?
http://www.hermancain.com/about

He had a father who worked 3 jobs. Why wasn't his father able to get rich working 3 jobs? Is it possible that it is very unlikely one gets rich working a job?

Good question. Why would a black man in 1940s Georgia not be obscenely wealthy...? Hmmmm, nope. I can't think of any reasons.

badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

He had a father who worked 3 jobs. Why wasn't his father able to get rich working 3 jobs? Is it possible that it is very unlikely one gets rich working a job?

Good question. Why would a black man in 1940s Georgia not be obscenely wealthy...? Hmmmm, nope. I can't think of any reasons.

Remember, the premise is, "if you aren't rich, it is your fault".  So, the ONLY reason why someone isn't rich, is because of government?

Around the Network

Hey, just remember this bit of advice to...  

It IS your fault!

richardhutnik said:
badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

Remember, the premise is, "if you aren't rich, it is your fault".  So, the ONLY reason why someone isn't rich, is because of government?

When did he say "For all time, all places".  Versus, in this country... currently.

In which, he is pretty much correct... I mean, why isn't he?

For example... who hasn't seen someone become rich with some pretty simple idea and thought "I could of thought of that."

Here's the rest of the quote in regards to riches and the like:

"When I grew up, I was blessed to have had parents that didn't teach me to be jealous of anyone, and didn't teach me to be envious of anyone else. It is not a person's fault if they succeed. It is their fault if they failed. And so this is why I don't understand these demonstrations and what they are looking for."

The rest of the surrounding statements are about the bank collapses in 2008.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

richardhutnik said:

Is some fleetingly small, basically negligible percentage of the population in dire straits despite having made all the right decisions because of sheer bad luck? Sure, maybe 0.001% of people are. But unless you're actively being held down by an unjust system as Luther Cain was, then yeah, if you want to see who's to blame for your failed life, odds are pretty good that you can catch a glimspe of the bastard in a mirror.

And even if we do pretend that people don't ultimately make the decisions that govern their own lives and give a pass to every inner city child of a broken home who's mired in a culture of failure and victimhood, the overeducated Wall-nuts banging on about the student loan debts that they agreed to assume are deserving of not one bit of sympathy or any other emotion, save contempt.

As a short, fat, lesbian, who is illiterate, handicapped to the point I cannot walk, black, born to a poor family, and my mom smoked crack when she was pregnant with me, I completely agree with this genius.