By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ode to John Lucas the visionary

CB said:
Ah well. Like many people said, he predicted 20-24 million. There are other who made better predictions. If his 60 million claim turns out correct, I'll give him props. ;)

Those who made better ones made them later

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

[March 22, 2007, 01:27] mrstickball said:

Johnlucas is becoming the Washimul of the Wii world.

Like Erik said, for the Wii to outsell the 360 by July, it'd have to nearly TRIPLE it's current sales to do that - virtually impossible (Nintendo would litterally have to cut off every shipment to Japan and Europe and send them to the US until July to do that).

Stupid stupid stupid. Your predictions will easily fail in the face of reality. I am SURE if Nintendo could magically conjour up 14 million more systems, a good bit might sell. However, they can't. Thats why Nintendo won't sell anywhere near the 20m you think they will.

I guess this is why I don't see you on the top 20 list for the predictions league?

Ah, those apples taste great! 

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

Avinash_Tyagi said:
CB said:
Ah well. Like many people said, he predicted 20-24 million. There are other who made better predictions. If his 60 million claim turns out correct, I'll give him props. ;)

Yeah yeah alright, lets build a shrine dedicated to John Lucas, light some candles, dress in John Lucas t-shirts, join hands and dance around worshiping his avatar, praying to the great John Lucas god he will shower us with more sweet drops of his enlightened wisdom.  

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million
CB said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
CB said:

Yeah yeah alright, lets build a shrine dedicated to John Lucas, light some candles, dress in John Lucas t-shirts, join hands and dance around worshiping his avatar, praying to the great John Lucas god he will shower us with more sweet drops of his enlightened wisdom.  

Or we can just admit that he's pretty good

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Good? He's AWESOME! :)

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million
Around the Network

Congrats, John.

John Lucas ignores things like supply constrain when predicting. So he earns alot of animosity for his troubles (especially thanks to all the JL lovers).

What JL does do when he predicts is he predicts the DEMAND for the product. And he predicts the demand fantastically, far better than I ever could. So he gets my respect for that.

I dont hold him resposible for nintendos inability to meet demand.

I find self deprciation is the best way for humorless people to be socialble.

John Lucas' predictions are great. I really believe his prediction for Wii Fit would have come true if it wasn't for the huge supply constrain on it. And if Nintendo is smart and picks up production I think his prediction for the end of 2008 is definitely a possibility.

PC Gamer

All respect to John Lucas can i have next weeks lottery numbers.

John Lucas's predictions are very accurate. Yes he came short of the mark. In contrast, most who criticized him missed their by much larger margins especially those who overshot the 360 greatly.

He's the reason to come here, truly.