By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Say your opinion on the games you are currently playing.

Dead Island: Playing a little bit everyday and enjoy it very much. Only wish the facial expressions weren't so stiff.

League of Legends: Still ripping people open. Trying to main Riven to use her in ranked matches and DOminion is pretty cool, especially if you wanna play and got very limited time.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
adriane23 said:
Michael-5 said:
adriane23 said:

Gran Turismo 5: Almost a year later and I still can't stop playing it. Currently trying for gold in all the license tests, which is quite frustrating and rewarding at the same time.

Really? I thought those were so easy. I thought Polyphony was laughing at us, older GT's were so much harder. However overall I find GT5 an easy game. Just got to know which cars to use for the Extreme Series, and that's about it.

Well shit I need pointers then, cuz I'm always around 3-5 100ths of a second off the Gold time. I've got all the licenses which was easy, but getting gold on some of the challenges is driving me nuts. Maybe I have defective thumbs........

Don't follow the lines they give you, they are terrible. Watch a video on youtube, and see the racing lines real pros use.

The best advice is try to exit every corner at the fastest speed possible. So turn in real wide, hit the apex, and as you hit the apex stomp on the gas. Also brake a bit later then the game tells you. E.G. For Trail Mountain, on the left turn after the straight with the trees. Stay far to the right, corner to the point where you almost touching the wall (keep getting closer and closer, don't be afraid to touch the wall, a light bump will do almost nothing) and full gas. If your not almost touching the other wall you did the corner too slow, or didn't do it wide enough.

I never had problems on this. The only difficult challenge in GT5 IMO is the AMG Racing Academy in the rain. Mainly because I hate nurburgring. That and Top Gear with the Lotus was hard because the AI are such idiots and brake in stupid places.

Yea, I never follow the racing line. I use it as a reference point for where not to start braking and where not to turn. I try to hit the apex of the turns and hit some of the edges to maintain the most speed coming out of a turn, but I can never seem to get my initial turns right. I'll try coming into them wider as you suggested. Thanks for the advice.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
Michael-5 said:
adriane23 said:

Well shit I need pointers then, cuz I'm always around 3-5 100ths of a second off the Gold time. I've got all the licenses which was easy, but getting gold on some of the challenges is driving me nuts. Maybe I have defective thumbs........

Don't follow the lines they give you, they are terrible. Watch a video on youtube, and see the racing lines real pros use.

The best advice is try to exit every corner at the fastest speed possible. So turn in real wide, hit the apex, and as you hit the apex stomp on the gas. Also brake a bit later then the game tells you. E.G. For Trail Mountain, on the left turn after the straight with the trees. Stay far to the right, corner to the point where you almost touching the wall (keep getting closer and closer, don't be afraid to touch the wall, a light bump will do almost nothing) and full gas. If your not almost touching the other wall you did the corner too slow, or didn't do it wide enough.

I never had problems on this. The only difficult challenge in GT5 IMO is the AMG Racing Academy in the rain. Mainly because I hate nurburgring. That and Top Gear with the Lotus was hard because the AI are such idiots and brake in stupid places.

Yea, I never follow the racing line. I use it as a reference point for where not to start braking and where not to turn. I try to hit the apex of the turns and hit some of the edges to maintain the most speed coming out of a turn, but I can never seem to get my initial turns right. I'll try coming into them wider as you suggested. Thanks for the advice.

Yea if your not doing the turn as fast as you think you can, you are either not turning in wide enough, not hiting the apex, or plain just going to slow. Remember mid-engined ares are suppose to drift a bit, that's why they corner better. By putting the rear end of the car in a mild 5 -10 degree drift, your car is pointing directly to where you want to be turning, and as a result the power put down by the engine is more efficiently used.

Another tip is in multi-turn zig-zag sections, keep your car as straight as possible. Again turn in the first turn wide (trust me, you need to go wider then you might initially expect), and then floor it as early as possible. The straighter the line, the earlier you can floor it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

d21lewis said:
yo_john117 said:
d21lewis said:
Gears 3--Mana from heaven. Haven't taken on the Horde, yet but playing campaign with 4 people jumping in and out, fighting for high scores is way more fun than I imagined.

When I'm not playing that, I'm playing Resident Evil 4 HD. Game still looks great and is a lot of fun. It aged very well. At the time, many sites were calling it one of the best games ever made. The fact that it's still so awesome, so many years and later makes me believe they were right. Control could be better, though.

Bastion: I went a little download crazy last week, I guess. It hasn't hooked me yet but I only played about 20 minutes of it.

On the 3DS side, I'm playing RE Mercenaries 3D. So addictive yet so simple. It could have done a lot of things better but I'm enjoying it. It's got a Call of Duty vibe to it that I enjoy.

I pr-ordered Gears from Gamestop before buying it from Wal-Mart. I gotta go get my $65 back. But do I want the money or more games? I could probably get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Vanquish, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Spider-Man, or Dead Space 2 (If I play my cards right, I can get 3-5 games today). But will I have time to play them? Should I just let it roll over to Batman Arkham City or Uncharted 3?

Have you given thought towards putting that Gamestop credit towards Rage?

Heck no!  I'm not a big FPS fan.  Not a big fan of FP games, in general, to be honest.  I can stomach Call of Duty, Metroid Prime, and Halo and that's about it (even though I have a ton of other first person games).  I like to see character animations and choreography.  It looks like it's going to be a good game but it's not my style.

Fallout, Oblivion, Battlefield, Bioshock, Condemned, Killzone--no amount of quality can make me love these games (even though I own or have owned quite a few of them).

Fallout & Oblivion are both playable in a 3rd person perspective.

Tony Hawk 8, Blood Drive, Burnout Crash, crazy Japanese games...
Yes, I like cheap games that lack realism. I miss the days when people played games for hundreds of hours because of the simple fun of a single level and local multiplayer.
I like games and will be a happy gamer until the realism and entertainment wave covers everything.

Around the Network

Gears of War 3- beated the campaign and really enjoyed it, haven't played online though, need to get my Xbox live ungraded to gold

Sly 2: Band of Thieves- took a break from it but will continue playing it soon enough, got up to Chapter 6

playing resident evil code veronica x it has actually reminded me of what a horror game should be, the unavoidable contact with groups of neck munching zombie (actual zombies) with (in my opinion) non akward controls but well added horror to them, the movment that gets you around and past the hoards is scary

also playing dead island, has some cheeky scares in to, really enjoying it so far, just got to the church, might invest in the co-op, as its getting a bit scary aha

MvC fate of 2 worlds (the phoenix is awsume with her health being unbalanced based on her abilities and the game is great)

Brutal Legend (challenging on Brutal but a joyride worth having)

UC2 (more then 30 perfect review scores and its still as epic as the first time i play'd it on hard, and now my second playthrough on crushing is even harder and more epic)

Demonsouls (disappointed that the magician doesn't have limitless magic but the challenge overall has drawn many in and VGC user 96warrior (i think) running away lol.

Dantes Inferno (great combat and playing it on the hardest setting the first time through and its very challenging. needs a sequel!)

Valkyria Chronicles (my most play'd game this gen with an estimated 400+hrs put in and about 4 playthroughs this game makes a tactical/strategic genius look like a chump/bitch if she/he's lieing)

Ratchet & Clank FTOD (as u'd expect its awesum with all the R&C fixing's. i'll never pass this franchise up if Insomniac continues the coolness of this franchise)

Kane and Lynch (just plan sucks no matter how you put it -10/10)

Vanquish (a breather from the traditional shooter grind. passing on this game is a mistake. its a must play nd buy)

Dark souls - Hard...

Battlefield 3 Beta - Absoluuuuuute gaaaarbage son, do yourself a service and don't play it. I'm not saying the full game will be this bad but the beta is terrible. Its a slow paced campfest, where you spend like 1/4 of the time running looking for enemies, and most of your deaths are assholes camping in bushes or just randomly prone in a hard to see area. I know some of my hate for this game comes from my preference of run and gun games (CoD, Killzone, Halo, etc.) but there are better tactical games out there than this if thats what you like (Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for example)

NHL 12 - Overall its a great game but there are many things I'd change about it to make it better. I like the fact that goalies are now like actual players in that they can be checked but it leads to soooooooo many goalie interference calls that aren't really your fault (like you get nudged into the goalie by an opposing defender and you get called for it), another thing is since they've nerfed hitting (especially the hipcheck) in the last update it's made defending a LOT harder. I'm glad they changed hipchecking because it was way OP but now its un-usable. The only option left on defence now are poke checks and stick lifts which make lead to many tripping/high sticking penatlies. And then the AI is really bad in online team play, they give shit passes and make stupid plays all the time. Although I have many complaints its still a decent game.

GTA IV - I got the DLC's for it about a month or two ago and that's revived my interest in the game. Lost and Damned is garbage but the Ballad of Gay Tony is well worth the cost. It adds a lot to the online such as good new weapons, new cars, and a parachute for base jumping or jumping out of helicopters. Its well worth the purchase.

Modern Warfare 2 - Yeah I went back to this "classic" after I quit Black Ops. If you get a lobby with no noob tubers, commando knifers or 1337 Grizz OpTic Kwiksc0perzz then its a fun game, but 90% of the time lobbies are full of straight assholes that use in game exploits to make everyone else annoyed. Can't wait till MW3; no commando, noob tubes are nerfed (no danger close + there is a blast shield perk like Flak Jacket in BO) and an overhauled killstreak/pointstreak system.

Those are what I'm playing now. I'm soooo bored with my current games. MW2 is bad, BF3 beta is bad, NHL 12 is fun in small doses (gets frustrating fast if you keep losing), and GTA4 is great but I'm not playing it as much anymore. I can't wait for Forza 4 in about 2 weeks.