By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

luvtospooge said:
What class are you guys gonna start with? I'm gonna go with Deprived :D Playing the underdog in this game, just like I played Barbarian in demon's souls

Hunter for me, just like in Demon's Souls. Screw the vulnerability to magic, imma be dodging and moving so fast, magic won't even touch me!.....*dies with the first spell cast against him* XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
I am disoppointed IGN did give only 9.0 and not 9.5 as Demons Souls was their GOTY 2009 I think.'

Anyway there's still hope for a 90% Metascore.

Gamespot was the one who gave Damon's Souls GOTY award (9) and not IGN (9.4), theirs went to Uncharted 2. Also, they currently have that fixed score system, it's either 9 or 9.5 nothing in between, the average of Dark Souls is actually bigger than 9.

Player1x3 said:
does anyone know if this will have split servers based on region, like in demon souls, or will it have worldwide server for all regions?

"Dark Souls Servers Won’t Be Region Separated"
http://thesilentchief.com/2011/02/08/dark-souls-servers-wont-be-region-seperated-no-demo-planned/ 

Posted twice in this thread already ^^

My boner is ready.

4 ≈ One

@Class:

i go with thief or barbarian ~

@Metascore: i'd guess it'll be around 85-89. why? because there will be some dumb reviews like 50% that prevent Dark Souls from beeing above 90.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:
What class are you guys gonna start with? I'm gonna go with Deprived :D Playing the underdog in this game, just like I played Barbarian in demon's souls

Pyromancer has the advantege of starting with LV.1 unlike the others, getting the first 5 level ups for him is really cheap, let alone that bad-ass fireball spell that he/She has from the get go ^^

Should be "Is your controller ready?"

I almost killed mine in the last game

Player1x3 said:
does anyone know if this will have split servers based on region, like in demon souls, or will it have worldwide server for all regions?

BINGO!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

I understood that Deprived is the hardest class but who is the second hardest?

Slimebeast said:
I understood that Deprived is the hardest class but who is the second hardest?

Each class has advantages and drawbacks, so I guess it'll be like in DeS where you're best of starting with something that suits your playing style.

Deprived has even stats, so is good for building a character after your own preference.

The Japanese wiki states that Deprived is the only class that is particularily hard. There are rumours though that choosing it may hahve a positive effect on the games ending. Magic users are recommended for beginners.

Personally, I'd avoid Knight, since they make evasion very hard.