By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Slimebeast said:
I am disoppointed IGN did give only 9.0 and not 9.5 as Demons Souls was their GOTY 2009 I think.'

Anyway there's still hope for a 90% Metascore.

I think there's a good chance of this happening

Around the Network

What's the story like on this game? it's not a dungeon type grind fest is it?

yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
content is off the chartz

Eh? Speak your meaning!

i'm surprised you didn't add the f lol! o and i beleave its mean your speaking.

do you understand the words thaat are coming out of my mouth! lol

i wanted to add the Jackie chang Chris Tucker RUSH huor pic but google won't load.

Libara said:

There is some story, but mostly you're left guessing. Not really sure if could be called a grindfest either, as it's focused on real time combat. There are NPCs, and they have their own backgrounds and motivations - although they're not always clear. How you play and what factions you choose/is tricked into influence the ending.

Think Resident Evil 1/Castlevania SotN/Bushido Blade in a Fighting Fantasy setting.

ctalkeb said:
Libara said:

There is some story, but mostly you're left guessing. Not really sure if could be called a grindfest either, as it's focused on real time combat. There are NPCs, and they have their own backgrounds and motivations - although they're not always clear. How you play and what factions you choose/is tricked into influence the ending.

Think Resident Evil 1/Castlevania SotN/Bushido Blade in a Fighting Fantasy setting.

Guess I may go pick it up. Something different in the collection than the usual.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
yo_john117 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
content is off the chartz

Eh? Speak your meaning!

i'm surprised you didn't add the f lol! o and i beleave its mean your speaking.

do you understand the words thaat are coming out of my mouth! lol

i wanted to add the Jackie chang Chris Tucker RUSH huor pic but google won't load.

Ohhh I think I get it!

Libara said:
ctalkeb said:
Libara said:

Guess I may go pick it up. Something different in the collection than the usual.

i think it will the same as demons souls when it comes to story.

which pretty much means, there isnt one that develops in your progress. there will be a background story that just says why you are, where you are. other than that, the only aspects of storytelling will be the NPCs.. and in Demons Souls, those were pretty brilliant, since they have a backgroundstory, and youll see them multiple times - if you or the Enemies didnt kill 'em. :)

even if i am a storywhore (Nier was, together with Demons Souls, my GOTY.. this should say everything), SOMETIMES, less is really better - since i dont think you wouldnt feel the athmosphere of the Souls games, when people were always talking to you

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

ctalkeb said:
Slimebeast said:
I understood that Deprived is the hardest class but who is the second hardest?

Each class has advantages and drawbacks, so I guess it'll be like in DeS where you're best of starting with something that suits your playing style.

Deprived has even stats, so is good for building a character after your own preference.

The Japanese wiki states that Deprived is the only class that is particularily hard. There are rumours though that choosing it may hahve a positive effect on the games ending. Magic users are recommended for beginners.

Personally, I'd avoid Knight, since they make evasion very hard.

I want to play something more challenging this time. In DS I first picked the Knight and died too much then completed the game with that spell casting woman (royalty?).

Knight in Dark Souls is so heavy that he evades slowly?

Slimebeast said:
ctalkeb said:
Slimebeast said:
I understood that Deprived is the hardest class but who is the second hardest?

Each class has advantages and drawbacks, so I guess it'll be like in DeS where you're best of starting with something that suits your playing style.

Deprived has even stats, so is good for building a character after your own preference.

The Japanese wiki states that Deprived is the only class that is particularily hard. There are rumours though that choosing it may hahve a positive effect on the games ending. Magic users are recommended for beginners.

Personally, I'd avoid Knight, since they make evasion very hard.

I want to play something more challenging this time. In DS I first picked the Knight and died too much then completed the game with that spell casting woman (royalty?).

Knight in Dark Souls is so heavy that he evades slowly?

Don't know about Dark Souls, but in Demon's Souls most people who played Knight didn't take in the fact that the Fluted Armour set was way too heavy for starter Knights, and you were encumbered by using it, thus the slow evade and movement. When you'd put enough points in Stamina, then that would become a non-issue (that's also true for any character, as I ended up using the Brushwood Set and Tower Shield and my character was a Hunter).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=134961&page=1#14

^nice read.

i wonder right now why i get even more hyped, when even more people confess that this game is devouring a gamers soul and spitting in his burned, punched, raped face?

.. this really makes those two games from from from from Software (:D) really outstanding, since - if we'd talk about ANY other game here, i'd always prefer easy mode. Maybe, because the difficulty of Souls is just properly executed?.. dunno.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!