By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Slimebeast said:
Only 20 hours left til I can go to my store and buy it.

its pretty much the same for me until i receive it in my mailbox. =) (Gettin it earlier, okay, but cant start playing that early)

but if i encounter the MailGuy, i kill him. seriously, since the tracking says sending failed., and i got the info that the Adress was definetly right. (Called DHL)

so it was his flaw (maybe, he didnt want to run up all those stairs?), that i didnt get it today.

edit @Libara:

i hope so! because the last thing i want to see, was the same flaw that existed in Demons. (Item Duplication).. because if it stays, i really get pissed off. i can live with cheap deaths and all, but flaws like this are unignorable.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:
Slimebeast said:

its pretty much the same for me until i receive it in my mailbox. =) (Gettin it earlier, okay, but cant start playing that early)

but if i encounter the MailGuy, i kill him. seriously, since the tracking says sending failed., and i got the info that the Adress was definetly right. (Called DHL)

so it was his flaw (maybe, he didnt want to run up all those stairs?), that i didnt get it today.

edit @Libara:

i hope so! because the last thing i want to see, was the same flaw that existed in Demons. (Item Duplication).. because if it stays, i really get pissed off. i can live with cheap deaths and all, but flaws like this are unignorable.

U live in Sweden too? (since you can track the mail)

Well, as soon as I got the curse a message showed up telling me that it can only be healed by some saint in New Londo or by some Blight stone that I couldn't find anywhere (tried every mercheant), I'm still far away from New Londo, I would try that Crow thing but I can't find the way back to the Asylum. The huge crow is there at Firelink Shrine though .

Torillian said:
VXIII said:
I got cursed :( , my HP got cut into half, not sure if it's possible to go on like this *Sigh*

Supposedly you can buy soemthing to uncurse yourself from the second creepy item mercheant you come across (the one that talks about moss all the time).  Also if you go back to the Asylum there is a crow's next like in Demon's Souls and you can trade Snuggly the Crow a cracked red orb for 2 curse cures.

I just found out that the curse gives you the ability to fight the ghosts in the ruins underneath. Excellent, I didn't see that coming.

VXIII said:

Well, as soon as I got the curse a message showed up telling me that it can only be healed by some saint in New Londo or by some Blight stone that I couldn't find anywhere (tried every mercheant), I'm still far away from New Londo, I would try that Crow thing but I can't find the way back to the Asylum. The huge crow is there at Firelink Shrine though .

Ok, well if you take the elevator shortcut from the Shrine to the Gargoyle church and instead of going all the way up you get off on the first ledge you pass, then go to the green area to the right and jump onto the support strut for the building across from you, climb stairs until you reach a bird's nest and then press x to roll up into a ball, and stay like that for a minute the crow will take you back to the asylum and then the other nest you need to put stuff into (the cracked red orb you use to invade other people will get you the curse cure item) will be down and to the left.  You probably don't even need to kill any of the enemies there.

Otherwise you can buy curse cures from the merchent you meet right before ringing the first bell, or supposedly the creepy female merchent you meet right after the demon with the two swords and two dogs sells them as well.

Around the Network
VXIII said:
Torillian said:
VXIII said:
I got cursed :( , my HP got cut into half, not sure if it's possible to go on like this *Sigh*

Supposedly you can buy soemthing to uncurse yourself from the second creepy item mercheant you come across (the one that talks about moss all the time).  Also if you go back to the Asylum there is a crow's next like in Demon's Souls and you can trade Snuggly the Crow a cracked red orb for 2 curse cures.

I just found out that the curse gives you the ability to fight the ghosts in the ruins underneath. Excellent, I didn't see that coming.

Oh I didn't know that....can you kill the ghosts now or are they still too tough?  I kinda wanted to go exploring in that place.  

Also want to explore the catacombs but the skeletons inside keep respawning.

Torillian said:
VXIII said:
Torillian said:
VXIII said:

Oh I didn't know that....can you kill the ghosts now or are they still too tough?  I kinda wanted to go exploring in that place.  

Also want to explore the catacombs but the skeletons inside keep respawning.

Not too taugh but still hard , about 4 strong attacks from my crystal sword to kill one of them.

Thanks for the tips , gotta try them as soon as I'm done with the ghosts .. And I'm still waiting for your review .

VXIII said:

Not too taugh but still hard , about 4 strong attacks from my crystal sword to kill one of them.

Thanks for the tips , gotta try them as soon as I'm done with the ghosts .. And I'm still waiting for your review .

I just got the Drake sword and I've been working with that lately, maybe later I'll let myself get cursed and screw around in the ruins a bit.  

Yeah it's going to be a while, didn't get the game early at all so I'm just plugging away like everyone else.  Got up to a dragon with a huge fanged mouth growing out of his chst in the sewers and decided I'll just go play around in the forest for a while and procratinate facing off against that monstrosity for a while.

Slimebeast said:
Crystalchild said:
Slimebeast said:

edit @Libara:

Germany. but depending on where exactly you live, we could be pretty close to each other. =) But well, Ocean's between us, eh?

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
Slimebeast said:
Crystalchild said:
Slimebeast said:

edit @Libara:

Germany. but depending on where exactly you live, we could be pretty close to each other. =) But well, Ocean's between us, eh?

No