By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3; GOTY hands down!

def front runner but if other games are as good as they seem it'll have competition for sure

Around the Network

Such an old video..

Does it really matter at this point about GOTY? With all the great games coming out, who cares? It's not like the oscars or anything for GOTY award. There are tons of sites that name there own personal goty, there's not one universal game for this award. Hell even games that don't win any of those awards still release a "GOTY edition with DLC bonus etc.

Blood_Tears said:
Does it really matter at this point about GOTY? With all the great games coming out, who cares? It's not like the oscars or anything for GOTY award. There are tons of sites that name there own personal goty, there's not one universal game for this award. Hell even games that don't win any of those awards still release a "GOTY edition with DLC bonus etc.

true but its still fun to talk about lol. 

Well it certainly has a shot at having the most GOTY awards there are far too many amazing looking games that are also very strong contenders.

Games like Skyrim, Dark Souls, Battlefield 3, MW3, Halo: CEA, Rage, Gears 3, Skyward Sword, Portal 2 and Arkham City are all strong contenders as well.

Around the Network

I Vote for the 2nd half of this year as my GOTY!!! :D

Ricoswuave38 said:
I Vote for the 2nd half of this year as my GOTY!!! :D

good point! so many great games coming out!! lol

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
I dont know. The shooting mechanics are sloppier then Gears 3, nor its multiplayer as diverse and addictive. And with Karenn Traviss writing the Gears story, Uncharted 3 better have a great story.

Have you played the beta? The shooting was smooth & responsive. I think you have a problem with the recoil from the guns. Although recoil is expected. UC3 is meant to be more realistic than Gears. It's trying to be different. That doesn't mean it's necessarilly inferior. In fact, it could be seen as superior depending on what to you're looking for: Recoil vs no recoil.

OT: Dark Souls or Zelda will most likely be GOTY for me. UC3 will be next though, atlhough Gears 3 & Arkham City could surpass UC3 if they're good enough.

youre giving a legitamite response to someone who came in here never expecting a legitamite discussion.

you can see by his post history, that every thing he writes about sony, isnt exactly... lets say balanced.

you could probably tell, the moment he said Uncharted doesnt have as diverse of multiplayer. i cant think of another game that incorporates as much gameplay mechanics into a game than Uncharted

If Dark Souls successfully improves on what made Demon's Souls so great, then I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes one of the major contenders for GotY. Demon's Souls was a dark horse back in 2009, winning GotY over Uncharted 2 on GameSpot, if I recall correctly.

it will be hard for uncharted 3 to claim as many GOTY as uncharted 2, it's going against some heavy competition:
Skyrim
Gears of war 3
LittleBigPlanet 2
Zelda Skyward Sword
Battlefield 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Batman: Arkham City
Dead Space 2(this ones a maybe)
Deus Ex; Human Revolution

are all saying hi to uncharted 3

Edit: Forgot Daek Souls