By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3; GOTY hands down!

EGG_OF_D00m said:
i agree when it comes down to it.. uncharted 3 will be amazing

1. it's the best graphics on consoles yet
2. it's story is going to be amazing
3. amazing voice acting
4. revamped multiplayer
5. great replay value

this is all the quality's you need to win goty and all of that describes uncharted 3

Time Machine or Crystal Ball?

Around the Network

A serious contender no doubt.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

skyrim has a shot but gears doesn't no offence but how can u win with a lower metacritic then little big planet 2 and portal 2 etc.. alot of site's thought it was lackluster

I don't expect U3 to suck me iin like Zelda or Batman likely will and I don't expect it to absorb as much of my time as Gears 3 has and probably will (I suspect I'll actually prefer Saints Row to U3!) Still, I believe Uncharted will do absolutely nothing wrong and will be one of the most polished games of this generation. That's good enough for me.

It may not be MY game of the year (but then again, it could surprise me) and I think it's got some serious competition from games that I don't even care about (Skyrim, Battlefield, Dark Souls) but I fully intend to have a great time with this game. The series has quite a pedigree.

Im Most excited about Skyrim, followed shortly by Skyward sword and Uncharted 3.
Can't wait for Mario 3d LAND too!

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

I forgot about Mario!! That game looks great!

As for Egg_of_Doom's comment about Gears 3--it's a top notch game. It got a TON of perfect scores from several sites. There's not a lot that I see that Gears 3 does wrong. It keeps a great pace, has perfected its gameplay, hits a few emotional notes, and ties together the other games very well.

The sites that knocked Gears 3 basically complained that its more of the same and I don't see that at all. There's a ton of new things in Gears 3, a ton of old things that have been changed, a lot of old issues that have been fixed. I don't know what else they could have added, to be honest. And while the game looks a little dated at times, there are times when it looks better than anything I've ever seen.

If certain sites came down on Gears 3 despite all of it's changes and improvements (same as they did for Killzone 3, LBP 2, and others), I don't know if Uncharted 3 will be immune. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure U3 will have its share of GotY awards but I don't think it's going to be as unanimous as people think.

Nsanity said:
EGG_OF_D00m said:
i agree when it comes down to it.. uncharted 3 will be amazing

1. it's the best graphics on consoles yet
2. it's story is going to be amazing
3. amazing voice acting
4. revamped multiplayer
5. great replay value

this is all the quality's you need to win goty and all of that describes uncharted 3

Time Machine or Crystal Ball?

geeze, like you dont say the same or similar things.

we can already confirm 3 of 5 of those things (3, 4, and 5)

and can almost confirm the 1st one, just by looking at gameplay footage.

and we can infer the 2nd one by basing it off the previous 2 games, and watching the released story trailers.

dude, give it a rest

sweatface7 said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/chateau-gameplay-part-i-hd/708785

Are you selnor's PS3 fan alter ego?

My personal hope for GOTY is Dark Souls. Dark Souls will be my 2011 GOTY I'm fairly sure (Demon's Souls > UC2 IMO). And I hope it will get more "official" GOTYs than Demon's Souls. Gamespot will have my eternal respect as the only (AFAIK) mainstream gaming review site to give Demon's Souls their overall GOTY bucking the UC3 trend. Whatever else they do they'll always have +1 respect from me for that.

But you know, some gaming media gave GOTY to MW2 despite Demon's Souls and UC3. And you can bet some gaming media will give GOTY to MW3 despite GoW3, UC3, Skyrim and Dark Souls.After all to some people sales=quality.

I'm just glad UC3 isn't going up against ME3 for GOTY. That way both games can get lots of GOTYs.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

d21lewis said:
I forgot about Mario!! That game looks great!

As for Egg_of_Doom's comment about Gears 3--it's a top notch game. It got a TON of perfect scores from several sites. There's not a lot that I see that Gears 3 does wrong. It keeps a great pace, has perfected its gameplay, hits a few emotional notes, and ties together the other games very well.

The sites that knocked Gears 3 basically complained that its more of the same and I don't see that at all. There's a ton of new things in Gears 3, a ton of old things that have been changed, a lot of old issues that have been fixed. I don't know what else they could have added, to be honest. And while the game looks a little dated at times, there are times when it looks better than anything I've ever seen.

If certain sites came down on Gears 3 despite all of it's changes and improvements (same as they did for Killzone 3, LBP 2, and others), I don't know if Uncharted 3 will be immune. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure U3 will have its share of GotY awards but I don't think it's going to be as unanimous as people think.

i never said gears wasn't good it's an amazing series but alot of those site's that gave the game a 10/10 were from xbox related site's the average review it has been getting is a 9/10 and if you want to win goty you will have to do better then that no offence, gears will defiantly be up there with multiplayer game of the year with mw3 battlefield 3 and uncharted 3, but i don't really think it has a chance to win goty when most reviewers complained about it's corny and predictable story... im not hating at all and im sorry if i might be sending that vibe but why would they give a game like gears goty if game's like portal 2 or littlebigplanet 2 outscored it on all fronts?

d21lewis said:
<snip>....(I suspect I'll actually prefer Saints Row to U3!).....<snip>

@bolded..I am actually looking foward to SR3..these low key 3rd party sequels dont get the respect they deserve from internet forums :(