By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 3: Disappointing Sales Cast Series into Doubt

It will do fine, in between 1.5 and 2 million copies, which is probably the goal Sony is aiming at. Personally, I was almost clicking the check out button at Amazon when I just checked and find out there is some R3's DLC in preparation. I cancelled the purchase because, no matter how PR will spin off, I am not going to pay full price in what I consider to be an incomplete product -- yes, I haven't brought many games at launch for the last few years. I can wait and, eventually, I will purchase Resistance 3.

Around the Network

Resistance 2 cast the series into doubt.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Average game deserves aVerage sales.

Let this series die already.

Porcupine_I said:
sales2099 said:
Porcupine_I said:
sales2099 said:
Porcupine_I said:
sales2099 said:
KylieDog said:
ThePS3News said:
sales2099 said:
It aint the games fault, I personally believe PS3 gamers just dont care.

If it was on 360 id guarantee wed give it a warmer welcome and not insult the developer for its hard work

As much as i hate to admit it. You are probably right. :(

Because Battlefield 3, MW3 and Uncharted 3, all massively popular multiplayer shooters have nothing to do with it.  Or for multiplat gamers you can throw in Gears 3 and the Halo Remake.

Oh gimme a break.

"Us PS3 gamerz gotta ration our moniez cause were gonna go poor buying all these games!"

If someone wants a game, theyll buy it one way or another. Funny thing is Battlefield and COD both have higher preorders for 360 then ps3........yet we also bought over 3 million copies of Gears 3 in one week. Not to mention Halo CE will also have a high opening as well.

PS3 gamers dont care. You can spin but numbers dont lie.

you mean like 360 owners cared about metro 2033, about alan wake, about crackdown 2, about bulletstorm, about crysis 2, about most of the latest kinect games... ? warm welcome indeed.

you also seem to forget that the preorders here are only from north america, where the xbox has almost twice as much install base then the ps3, i would say preorders don't look that bad from that point of view.

Talk to me when we stop buying Halo and Gears. Flagship exclusives. Resistance used to be such a one for PS3. Guess it diminished.....a lot.

"we" ?  you say "WE" ? i'm sorry, i didn't realize, i should not have talked to you at all

lol nice job dodging the general point :)

i made my point, it was you who doged it in the first place by suddenly narrowing down the games. does it really matter which developer "you people" insult for their hard work? are you telling me it was the games fault that alan wake didn't sell?

Well your comparing an established IP to Alan Wake, a new IP. New IPs are hit or miss, regardless of quality. Resistance sales however just get smaller and smaller. Alan Wake broke a million, which is more then I can say for Resistance 3. Plus it was bundled, so theres probably another 1-2 million more people who got their hands on it. In the end, it did just fine 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Porcupine_I said:
sales2099 said:
Porcupine_I said:
sales2099 said:
Porcupine_I said:
sales2099 said:
KylieDog said:
ThePS3News said:
sales2099 said:
It aint the games fault, I personally believe PS3 gamers just dont care.

If it was on 360 id guarantee wed give it a warmer welcome and not insult the developer for its hard work

As much as i hate to admit it. You are probably right. :(

Because Battlefield 3, MW3 and Uncharted 3, all massively popular multiplayer shooters have nothing to do with it.  Or for multiplat gamers you can throw in Gears 3 and the Halo Remake.

Oh gimme a break.

"Us PS3 gamerz gotta ration our moniez cause were gonna go poor buying all these games!"

If someone wants a game, theyll buy it one way or another. Funny thing is Battlefield and COD both have higher preorders for 360 then ps3........yet we also bought over 3 million copies of Gears 3 in one week. Not to mention Halo CE will also have a high opening as well.

PS3 gamers dont care. You can spin but numbers dont lie.

you mean like 360 owners cared about metro 2033, about alan wake, about crackdown 2, about bulletstorm, about crysis 2, about most of the latest kinect games... ? warm welcome indeed.

you also seem to forget that the preorders here are only from north america, where the xbox has almost twice as much install base then the ps3, i would say preorders don't look that bad from that point of view.

Talk to me when we stop buying Halo and Gears. Flagship exclusives. Resistance used to be such a one for PS3. Guess it diminished.....a lot.

"we" ?  you say "WE" ? i'm sorry, i didn't realize, i should not have talked to you at all

lol nice job dodging the general point :)

i made my point, it was you who doged it in the first place by suddenly narrowing down the games. does it really matter which developer "you people" insult for their hard work? are you telling me it was the games fault that alan wake didn't sell?

Well your comparing an established IP to Alan Wake, a new IP. New IPs are hit or miss, regardless of quality. Resistance sales however just get smaller and smaller. Alan Wake broke a million, which is more then I can say for Resistance 3. Plus it was bundled, so theres probably another 1-2 million more people who got their hands on it. In the end, it did just fine 

Ok, you claiming that resistance failed after 2 weeks but Alan Wake that took over a year to reach a million in sales with most of them from the bargain bin and bundles and it "did just fine?"

you sir embarassing a lot of people by acting like the official speaker of the xbox community

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

R3 will manage 2 to 3m sells LT and you know Sony abandons nothing that has a chance to comeback. LAIR was a failure but does have a chance.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
R3 will manage 2 to 3m sells LT and you know Sony abandons nothing that has a chance to comeback. LAIR was a failure but does have a chance.

I doubt it'll even get close to 2m LT sales at the rate it's going it's going to struggle to hit 1.5m LT.

Claymore said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

I doubt it'll even get close to 2m LT sales at the rate it's going it's going to struggle to hit 1.5m LT.

yea i know that. thinking sells will pick up throught Nov. and Dec. but a struggle R3 has on its hands.

SeXbox_360 said:

Average game deserves aVerage sales.

Let this series die already.

ROFL! average game? looking @ your pic im almost certain you dont even own a ps3 let alone played this game so please.

Yeah. Without Insomniac working on it and these sales, I doubt we will see much more from it. Its last release will be on the Vita unless that gets canceled. Then again, look at what sony did with the killzone series.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius