By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 3: Disappointing Sales Cast Series into Doubt

Ps3 gamers aren't dumb enough to buy yet another console shooter. Now if you'll excuse me I have some Disgaea to play.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Ps3 gamers aren't dumb enough to buy yet another console shooter. Now if you'll excuse me I have some Disgaea to play.

LOL.

ThePS3News said:
leatherhat said:

LOL.

leatherhat said:

AHA!!! so that explains why COD is getting more sheeps pre-ordering it every week on ps3!

sales2099 said:
Porcupine_I said:
sales2099 said:
KylieDog said:
ThePS3News said:
sales2099 said:
It aint the games fault, I personally believe PS3 gamers just dont care.

If it was on 360 id guarantee wed give it a warmer welcome and not insult the developer for its hard work

As much as i hate to admit it. You are probably right. :(

Because Battlefield 3, MW3 and Uncharted 3, all massively popular multiplayer shooters have nothing to do with it.  Or for multiplat gamers you can throw in Gears 3 and the Halo Remake.

Oh gimme a break.

"Us PS3 gamerz gotta ration our moniez cause were gonna go poor buying all these games!"

If someone wants a game, theyll buy it one way or another. Funny thing is Battlefield and COD both have higher preorders for 360 then ps3........yet we also bought over 3 million copies of Gears 3 in one week. Not to mention Halo CE will also have a high opening as well.

PS3 gamers dont care. You can spin but numbers dont lie.

you mean like 360 owners cared about metro 2033, about alan wake, about crackdown 2, about bulletstorm, about crysis 2, about most of the latest kinect games... ? warm welcome indeed.

you also seem to forget that the preorders here are only from north america, where the xbox has almost twice as much install base then the ps3, i would say preorders don't look that bad from that point of view.

Talk to me when we stop buying Halo and Gears. Flagship exclusives. Resistance used to be such a one for PS3. Guess it diminished.....a lot. 

Resistance... A flagship exclusive? No, Killzone is/was more important than Resistance and that wouldn't even be considered flagship. A flagship title would be Gran Turismo, Uncharted, or even God of War.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Porcupine_I said:
sales2099 said:
KylieDog said:
ThePS3News said:
sales2099 said:

If it was on 360 id guarantee wed give it a warmer welcome and not insult the developer for its hard work

Because Battlefield 3, MW3 and Uncharted 3, all massively popular multiplayer shooters have nothing to do with it.  Or for multiplat gamers you can throw in Gears 3 and the Halo Remake.

Oh gimme a break.

"Us PS3 gamerz gotta ration our moniez cause were gonna go poor buying all these games!"

If someone wants a game, theyll buy it one way or another. Funny thing is Battlefield and COD both have higher preorders for 360 then ps3........yet we also bought over 3 million copies of Gears 3 in one week. Not to mention Halo CE will also have a high opening as well.

you mean like 360 owners cared about metro 2033, about alan wake, about crackdown 2, about bulletstorm, about crysis 2, about most of the latest kinect games... ? warm welcome indeed.

you also seem to forget that the preorders here are only from north america, where the xbox has almost twice as much install base then the ps3, i would say preorders don't look that bad from that point of view.

Talk to me when we stop buying Halo and Gears. Flagship exclusives. Resistance used to be such a one for PS3. Guess it diminished.....a lot. 

And you should wait to talk when PS3 owners stop buying GT5 and Uncharted.  And the main reason the first Resistance sold so well was because it was a launch game for the PS3, one of the few quality ones.  If it had released later in the gen, it probably would have pulled the same numbers as the other 2, ~ 2 million.  Which, whether you wish to believe it or not, is a number MANY games would wish they could reach.

Ajescent said:
Am I the only one who knows that Insomniac says after R3, they aren't making anymore or did I make that up...?

You're completely right that Insomniac did say they're not making any more Resistance games.  But they also stated that they pretty much left the franchise up to Sony to find another dev that wants to continue it.  So the series isnt over unfortunately as I wish they would just end it to have an ending and leave it alone forever.

thismeintiel said:
sales2099 said:
Porcupine_I said:
sales2099 said:
KylieDog said:
ThePS3News said:
sales2099 said:

Oh gimme a break.

And you should wait to talk when PS3 owners stop buying GT5 and Uncharted.  And the main reason the first Resistnace sold so well was because it was a launch game for the PS3, one of the few quality ones.  If it had released later in the gen, it probably would have pulled the same numbers as the other 2, ~ 2 million.  Which, whether you wish to believe it or not, is a number MANY games would wish they could reach.

That and the fact that Sony bundled the hell out of it on its first 2-3 months after release.

Dgc1808 said:
mjk45 said:
Dgc1808 said:
Now they can focus on something I might actually want to buy.

yep we should ignore the millions who liked it and panda to your tastes because after all that should be  the top priority.

Glad you see it my way.

Yep it's BLACK AND WHITE

PS  I knew it was pander really  truly ruly I don't make typos!   damn spell check to dumb to check for context

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I loved the first two games, and I'll probably like Resistance 3 as well, but I got a bit turned off by the stupid orange game cover, and the 10,000 kills trophy in R2 didn't help Insomniac win any points with me.

WinAPE - The Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator

JEMU  - The Java Emulation Platform