By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls Class Discussion Thread

Tagged games:

StefanieFogel said:
For anyone who's played Demon's Souls... how effective do you think magic will be in this game compared to melee. I'm leaning towards a Sorcerer, even though I think the outfit is kinda lame, or I might go with a Thief. Also, all the videos I've seen have been with characters carrying a sword and shield. Is there dual wielding? I imagine if there is, it must be harder to pull off.

Using magic made the first few levels in Demon's souls much much easier,the Royalty class had a rare ring that refills you MP over time, it was kind of a cheap way to win some epic bosses fight like Tower knight,you could have cast spells then hide until the MP is full again instead of attacking him with your sword ( trust me you need to be really brave to do that) , however, the assistant spells are the most useful ones , you cast a spell on your sword that increase the damage, or casting a magical shield on yourself, it's really hard to win PvP fight without such spells.

Anyways, I acquired all the spells in Demon's souls and I wasn't a magician , it was all about how you build you character. I don't know if Dark souls would be the same or there would be some exclusive advanced spells for Sorcerers.

I'm sure there will be some epic spells, like Fire storm in Demon's souls, when I first saw it I was like "HOLY S*IT" :p

Around the Network

there is no Magic bar , it seems like a Sorcerer can cast spells endlessly :/

StefanieFogel said:
For anyone who's played Demon's Souls... how effective do you think magic will be in this game compared to melee. I'm leaning towards a Sorcerer, even though I think the outfit is kinda lame, or I might go with a Thief. Also, all the videos I've seen have been with characters carrying a sword and shield. Is there dual wielding? I imagine if there is, it must be harder to pull off.

i played full magic, personally i loved it but it is a mixed bag.  early on it was a bit tough, magic regen is really slow and herbs were in short supply.  i mean, i got throough fine enough but i progressed quite slowly.   towards the end when i got the right gear i was a fucking beast.  buffs stack so wuth the the insantiy catalyst and the offhand i had (forget the name) and a full intelligence build --- well the final boss on 1-1 almost went down in one hit for me. xD  in pvp as long as i got the first hit (which is easy since i've got range) i never lost.

so in short, it was a great class and i do play to play full magic again.

So if you can pretty much build whatever class you want eventually, is it feasible to start off as a Thief and add in a bunch of spells? Sort of like an Arcane Trickster for those of you familiar with D&D.

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

VXIII said:

Hmm , It's between Pyromancer and Warrior, I like Magic a lot, but I'm properly going to choose Warrior for my first play-through since the melee combat is the most challenging and fun, I'll eventually start the game all over again with new character and that would be either Pyromancer or Sorcerer.

I have no idea what the master key is .

---

Warrior – a fearless warrior and weapon expert with high strength, and dexterity.

Knight – a low-ranking knight with high HP and solid armor that is not easily toppled.

Wanderer – an aimless wanderer with high dexterity that wields a scimitar.

Thief -  a guilt-ridden thief who deals high critical hits and has a Master Key.

Bandit – a savage bandit with high strength and wields a battle axe.

Hunter – a bow-wielding hunter who can handle close-range combat, but is vulnerable to magic.

Sorcerer – casts soul sorceries and from the Dragon School.

Pyromancer – casts fire spells and wields a hand axe.

Cleric – casts healing miracles and wields a mace.

Deprived – unclothed and starts the game with a club and old plank shield.

Source

thanks for adding the classes. i'm a magician on darksouls right now, and my targeting is bad lol.

i'll likel start with the Sorcerer, Pyromancer, and  Cleric.

whts the close rang weapon for the Hunter?

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Mad55 said:
I want a wanderer That class just looks cool! And I love Scimitars.

I started Demon's Souls as a wanderer. It was way too hard and I restarted after 12 hours :-/ 

Incidentally, I also chose warrior back then because it ''just looks so cool!''.

I was a wanderer in Demon souls as well I felt like i couldnt take much, but I beat the game with that character now I love them lol.

You must be one tough motherf#cker then

Probably will use the same routine as my platinum run on Demon's Souls.

Started as a Hunter, and dropped my points between Dex, End and Str. When I had enough Dex to use a Sticky Compound Long Bow +5 (30 Dex) and enough Str+End to equip a Purple Flame Shield +10, the Black Leather Set and the Dragon Bone Smasher (30 Str, 35 Stamina and one Ring of Great Strength).
Afterwards, I dropped 24 points in Faith and 24 on Intelligence (to have both three slots in miracles for God's Wrath and Regeneration and 3 slots on Magic for FireStorm or Warding). Afterwards, during my NG+ playthroughs, I started dumping all extra points on Vit and End and ended up switching to the Brushwood Set as I wasn't hindered by it's weight anymore.

I'll probably do a similar strategy for Dark Souls.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

VXIII said:

No it cant, you can see the number right above the magic cast icon. That number says how much time you can use that spell with your remaining MP, You can see that once the player used that magic shield spell, the number went from 3 to 2

A warrior.
Close combat or no combat. It easily was the most fun part of Demon's Souls, it will be in Dark Souls, too.

VXIII said:

That Pyromancer is straight beast man I hope my wanderor can learn fire spells like that.