By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Desert MY GOD!!!!

Tagged games:

I don't know what makes a game look good anymore, I guess. I was really impressed with God of War 3, Gears of War 1, Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5, this gen. Even Enslaved, Alan Wake, and Heavy Rain impressed quite a bit. On the 2D front, I liked Shank, Braid, Fancy Pants, and a few other "living cartoons".

When it came to games like Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Uncharted 2, and a few other heavy hitters, I've been let down. Maybe it's because they do certain things so well, the bad things stand out more. Maybe I'm just out of touch. With that said, I just don't see anything from that video that should prompt the responses that I've seen (video is unfocused and unclear, though). I'm getting U3 on day 1 and I love the series but I don't see what you guys are seeing!

Anyway, you guys are having fun so I'll leave.

Around the Network

^^^Or maybe my high expectations make me more critical. I don't know.

d21lewis said:
^^^Or maybe my high expectations make me more critical. I don't know.

It's just time you got new glasses, that's all.

Actually, the issue I think is people who focus on what they like visually (and maybe I'm wrong but I'd stick you in that bracket) vs people who focus on what they know technically (I try and consider both views but I'm probably more in this bracket).  There's no right and wrong but it brings up different views.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I expect Uncharted 3 to be the best looking game ever made on a console, but you can´t see that from that off screen footage.

What for me was great on that video is the sound, the involvement, how real all of that scene looked, those one-on-one fights were seamless, and when Drake kills a dude, and catches his weapon mid-air, that was just....... those are the kinds of little things naughty dog does, that makes you appreciate what they do.

I still think that they need to go all out in player customization, they need to make this game more of a multi player experience while not forgetting to keep rocking the campaign like they are known for, being able to play the campaign with other people, lots of player skins plus weapons skins.

They need to extend U3 lifetime for a multiplayer only player, if they want to sell more games.

I think the Facebook integration is nice and will help them.

Every time I log in Unchaterd 2, and I see the daily players, I am just disappointed because the multiplayer is fun, the problem is, there is nothing to play for, there are no challenges, no unlockable cool things to play for, and because of that, a lot of guys don´t play that game online and consider Uncharted a single player only franchise.

When it comes to graphics, IDK why, but Killzone 3 is IMO, overrated graphically. No doubt it looks good, but for me, there is no way it looks better then U2 and God of war, still, a great looking game no doubt.

1) U3
2) God of war 3
3) U2
4) Killzone 3
5) Gears of War 3

EGG_OF_D00m said:
sega4life said:

Watched the video numerous times, and I just don't see the big fuss and the 'O Geez look at that' effect..

Don't get me wrong, Uncharted is my favorite game on the PS3, and UC3 is going to be amazing, but looking at the video, and the title of the thread + comments +  shot from the side-sand-bright-shaky cam, =  really?

name 1 console game better looking then uncharted 3

You don't seem to understand, i'm not talking about Uncharted 3 looking bad. I'm talking about the video posted.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
pezus said:

There are still people that believe U2 has better graphics than GoW3?? Really?

Kratos despises you!

He's coming to get you!

its almost a virtual tie, but i would still give Uncharted 2 the slight edge over GOW3. but its so close that i wouldnt complain about someone puttting GOW3 above it.

but i still feel its rather clear that Killzone 3 is the best graphical game of this gen (until Uncharted 3 of course). just all the particle effects, smoke, crackling of snow when you walk, leaving your shoe imprint, including its grip design. rock solid frame rate, no screen tearing. crazy lighting and bloom effects. its hugely dynamic lighting.

animations are by far the best for an fps.

and dont even get me started on Killzone 3's gun models. literally no game comes close in that department. they are just packed with insane amount of details, textures, everything. the guns are frickin awesome

pezus said:

There are still people that believe U2 has better graphics than GoW3?? Really?

Kratos despises you!

He's coming to get you!

Yeah Kratos is easily the most detailed character on consoles to date. But Uncharted 2 is ..amazing all the way through. God of War is beyond amazing mostly but.. Nah i honestly too think GoW3 looks better xD. Id honestly say: KZ3>GoW3>Un2 (for KZ3 just read the reply above me. Completely agree. I think its safe to say GoW, KZ and Un are the top three franchises fighting and they are in theircown league compared to most other games but themselves... It comes to personal preference but natrually the newer games might have a slight edge which is also what will have Uncharted 3 dominate this year.

How is one suppose to be blown away,with how low in quality that video is. I'm sure it will look better in person,but I really wasn't blown away watching that.

oldschoolfool said:
How is one suppose to be blown away,with how low in quality that video is. I'm sure it will look better in person,but I really wasn't blown away watching that.

I always complain about low quality video and how people use it for graphical comparisons, but even I was blown away by that video.

The best aspects of the graphics show very well in the video though, it may be low quality, but the colour palette, the lighting and the models look astounding.

Uncharted is going to be awesome!