By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Desert MY GOD!!!!

Tagged games:

It looks great!!!! :D

Graphics look like a big improvement over U2, and thats really saying something! But i think what this trailer just gets right is the atmosphere and i think that's where naughty dog shines. How they can create an immersive atmosphere even though the actually game is quite cinematic. Some points i thought was good about this:

- The sound and music was amazing!
- The graphics looks great (improved over U2 significantly)
- The gun play looks better, guns seem to have more oomph to them
- The melee combat looks faster more seamless too, previous games the melee to me broke immersion
- Lighting effects look great!
- They mentioned improved AI, every play through to be unique? (il judge that in the game though )
- The animation looks crazy!!!!!
- Environments, atmosphere really setting the benchmark here again!

On the downside though i noticed some glitches and odd animations...that will hopefully be corrected in the final version as they probably running an older version here.

For all the console graphics whores (like me :D) i think its amazing that we get to see games like this, gears, battlefield 3, god of war etc. on our current gen hardware :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Aldro said:

My god!! Naughty Dog has outdone themselves with the new desert footage taken off screen from eurogamer expo. I am fully aware of the quality of this video and despite that, I am hereby laughing at a certain thread showing a certain game who was claimed by the creator of the topic to be the next benchmark for consoles if you will.
Now with that said, FIEST YOUR EYES ON A SHITTY CAMERA AND TRY TO PROCESS THE AWESOMENESS! If you know Naughty Dog and have played the Uncharted games, you must truly be at loss for words on how this will look when we play it! I know I am ;)! Bravo ND.. BRAVO!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq7jLrzTaOE

Did you make those gifs yourself? Cause if so could you do me a huge favor :)  ?

osamanobama said:
1) Uncharted 3
2) Killzone 3
3) Uncharted 2
4) God of War 3
5) Killzone 2
6) Battlefield 3
7) Gears of War 3
8) Crysis 2
9) Uncharted 1
10) Dead Space 2

ps: obviously an opinion, albeit a very accurate opinion (in my opinion. )

I like your list xD. Although mine's a tad different.

1) Uncharted 3
2) Killzone 3
3) God of War 3
4) Uncharted 2
5) Killzone 2
6) Gears of War 3
6) Crysis 2
7) Battlefield 3

..That's about it xD. Top 5 are a tad ahead of their game though.. or meh, make that top 3 xD.

CGI-Quality said:
mantlepiecek said:
CGI-Quality said:
EGG_OF_D00m said:
sega4life said:

Watched the video numerous times, and I just don't see the big fuss and the 'O Geez look at that' effect..

Don't get me wrong, Uncharted is my favorite game on the PS3, and UC3 is going to be amazing, but looking at the video, and the title of the thread + comments +  shot from the side-sand-bright-shaky cam, =  really?

name 1 console game better looking then uncharted 3

That's a waste of time to ask, because not everyone even thought Uncharted 2 was top of it's class. It's too subjective to battle with, but I'm guessing unless Battlefield 3 is a shut-out on consoles, most reviews will give Uncharted 3 the nod. From what I saw a few weeks/months ago, I wasn't blown away (not because it looked bad either). Nothing has really blown me away since God of War III.

I'm on an Uncharted 3 strike though, because I'd like to be blown away again! RAGE may even do it first (I'm incredibly pumped for it)!

People didn't think uncharted 2 was the best looking when it was released?

Hmm...yeah,...that's impossible. Its still one of the best looking games, and is probably the best looking game. I played a little of god of war and they are equally good looking except for the kratos model which is impossible in any other game.

Nope, not impossible. It had plenty of doubters. Uncharted 3 will too, just the nature of it. Everybody can't and won't agree on everything.

it won't change the fact that it will be the best looking console game, and uncharted 2 didn't have plenty of doubters, they were just trolls who don't own a playstation trying to talk it down you have to respect your competition and they didn't.

and plus the majority of the people will agree once released it will be the best looking game and majority > minor

Chevinator123 said:
Aldro said:

My god!! Naughty Dog has outdone themselves with the new desert footage taken off screen from eurogamer expo. I am fully aware of the quality of this video and despite that, I am hereby laughing at a certain thread showing a certain game who was claimed by the creator of the topic to be the next benchmark for consoles if you will.
Now with that said, FIEST YOUR EYES ON A SHITTY CAMERA AND TRY TO PROCESS THE AWESOMENESS! If you know Naughty Dog and have played the Uncharted games, you must truly be at loss for words on how this will look when we play it! I know I am ;)! Bravo ND.. BRAVO!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq7jLrzTaOE

Did you make those gifs yourself? Cause if so could you do me a huge favor :)  ?

Sorry bro, its from the offical ND boards ;P

Around the Network
EGG_OF_D00m said:
CGI-Quality said:
mantlepiecek said:
CGI-Quality said:
EGG_OF_D00m said:
sega4life said:

Watched the video numerous times, and I just don't see the big fuss and the 'O Geez look at that' effect..

Don't get me wrong, Uncharted is my favorite game on the PS3, and UC3 is going to be amazing, but looking at the video, and the title of the thread + comments +  shot from the side-sand-bright-shaky cam, =  really?

name 1 console game better looking then uncharted 3

That's a waste of time to ask, because not everyone even thought Uncharted 2 was top of it's class. It's too subjective to battle with, but I'm guessing unless Battlefield 3 is a shut-out on consoles, most reviews will give Uncharted 3 the nod. From what I saw a few weeks/months ago, I wasn't blown away (not because it looked bad either). Nothing has really blown me away since God of War III.

I'm on an Uncharted 3 strike though, because I'd like to be blown away again! RAGE may even do it first (I'm incredibly pumped for it)!

People didn't think uncharted 2 was the best looking when it was released?

Hmm...yeah,...that's impossible. Its still one of the best looking games, and is probably the best looking game. I played a little of god of war and they are equally good looking except for the kratos model which is impossible in any other game.

Nope, not impossible. It had plenty of doubters. Uncharted 3 will too, just the nature of it. Everybody can't and won't agree on everything.

it won't change the fact that it will be the best looking console game, and uncharted 2 didn't have plenty of doubters, they were just trolls who don't own a playstation trying to talk it down you have to respect your competition and they didn't.

and plus the majority of the people will agree once released it will be the best looking game and majority > minor

This.

Uncharted 2 is STILL considerd by people to be the best which honestly I find shocking. It is definetly top three imo but Killzone 3 and God of War 3 surpassed it. Yet like.. the gaming magazine gamereactor said Un2>Kz3>GoW3. I can play KZ3 and GoW3 and be amazed, but when playing Uncharted 2 after the Uncharted 3 beta.. xD damn it! Its like Naughty Dog are way ahead of everyone. Cheats!

Part 2 of the video is on YouTube!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

Ferrari_7861 said:
Part 2 of the video is on YouTube!

Yeah, no gameplay though obviously ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1xig13y0y8&feature=related

Oh well. Anything related to Uncharted 3 is good! Any I've seen that video. Thanks Anyway!

I meant to say "And I've seen that video already." The edit function doesn't work on my phone :(