By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is playstation MOVE being discontinued?

oniyide said:

where the hell have u been, people complain about lack of support for that all the time, but hey maybe its just a few of us. you keep missing the point is that there are alot of motion pluses out there, far more than there are Kinects or Moves so why are those two getting that much more support. it does not matte how the products got in customers hands but that it did and please, WiiSports resort was selling like hot cakes long before it was packaged, fact. Is there any uproar for more Kinect games?? I havent heard any. And its not like Kinect sold amazing on its own, especially considering it wasnt sold on its own, like ever. 

It doesn't matter how the product got in customers hands? Oh this discussion is over. You take absolutely no other factors into consideration.

If Nintendo bundled a nugget of shit into every Wii box, I bet you'd argue there is a demand for shit nuggets.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
oniyide said:

where the hell have u been, people complain about lack of support for that all the time, but hey maybe its just a few of us. you keep missing the point is that there are alot of motion pluses out there, far more than there are Kinects or Moves so why are those two getting that much more support. it does not matte how the products got in customers hands but that it did and please, WiiSports resort was selling like hot cakes long before it was packaged, fact. Is there any uproar for more Kinect games?? I havent heard any. And its not like Kinect sold amazing on its own, especially considering it wasnt sold on its own, like ever. 

It doesn't matter how the product got in customers hands? Oh this discussion is over. You take absolutely no other factors into consideration.

If Nintendo bundled a nugget of shit into every Wii box, I bet you'd argue there is a demand for shit nuggets.

For a long time they were NOT bundling it with Wiis and people were buying it, have you EVER seen Wii Sports REsort not in the top 40 since it was released??  So whats your explanation for that?? On the other hand we have Kinect that was heavily bundled with Xbox, but since its on Xbox there is a demand for that?? Which one is it?

naruball said:
Mr Puggsly said:
naruball said:

@Bolded

I guess you don't know much about Move, but can you please try to be a bit more factually correct? The PS3 has 84 Move enabled games already out http://www.movemodo.com/games and 53 coming soon http://www.movemodo.com/games/soon

Alright, they put it in more games that work with joysticks than I was aware. Like most people, I wasn't aware because nobody cares about that kind of support.

Unless it gets real support with games built for it, its gonna keep fading into obscurity.

I agree with you. It's not doing well enough and unless they make Move only games it's going nowhere. However, you tend to exaggerate. Sure, unlike Kinect, Move has failed to attract much casual market, but there are a lot of people who buy Move games (I have 15). The numbers don't see so great because they are spread through all the available games and there are many psn titles the sales of which we don't know. When I bought a Move, I only bought a psn title (tumble) for the first two months.

They are making a few Move only games, Eyepet sequel, Just Dance, Medieval, carnival something. Just not alot and why would they? What Move game could they make that would make people say "oh shit, i need to MOVE!" Nothing that has not already either been done on Wii, and lets be real the Move is just a souped up Wiimote. Why would Sony or anyone else waste time and money making a MOVE only game that is not going to do that hot anyway? Makes no sense, best they could do is have the popular games (Killzones, Bioshocks, HR, REs) use the MOVE because those are games that are gonna sell  anyway.  Now Kinect they need to be making Kinect only games, no one is buying Kinect just for Forza, so they can take their damn picture?? Burnout did that with PSEye years ago.

Probably.

If Nintendo don't support motion plus and Kinect is a one hit wonder then Sony has nothing to copy.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Various retailers have had this sale on and off for a while. I noticed the Move controllers are 50% off on Amazon, many of the move accessories are marked down a lot right now as well. Gamestop and Fry's Electronics are also two other retailers that have been having sales on Move. The gamestop one is linked in the OP, and Fry's has been selling the Move starter bundle for $50 or the bundle + 2 games for $70 on and off for multiple weeks the past few months.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more retailers out there doing the same thing.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Mr Puggsly said:

For a long time they were NOT bundling it with Wiis and people were buying it, have you EVER seen Wii Sports REsort not in the top 40 since it was released??  So whats your explanation for that?? On the other hand we have Kinect that was heavily bundled with Xbox, but since its on Xbox there is a demand for that?? Which one is it?

I wasn't just talking about the Wii bundling. I was also talking about how Motion Plus is bundled with just about every copy of Wii Sports Resort. Hence, Motion Plus sold a ton because it has been distributed basically for free.

The Kinect on the other hand was never some cheap included accessory with a game or the console. The console bundles are a $100 more than the console a lone. Its also done a pretty good at selling other titles not bundled with it.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Sounds like these stores are trying to MOVE Sony's motion accessories off their shelves.

See what I did there?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Mr Puggsly said:
oniyide said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I wasn't just talking about the Wii bundling. I was also talking about how Motion Plus is bundled with just about every copy of Wii Sports Resort. Hence, Motion Plus sold a ton because it has been distributed basically for free.

The Kinect on the other hand was never some cheap included accessory with a game or the console. The console bundles are a $100 more than the console a lone. Its also done a pretty good at selling other titles not bundled with it.

Ok i could kinda see where your going with that.

I could see how it is not a cheap accersory, but what Kinect titles have sold well? Outside of Dance Central and Kinect Sports, everything else has been meh. Which is ironic because those are the same types of games that sell well on Wii

oniyide said:
Mr Puggsly said:
oniyide said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Ok i could kinda see where your going with that.

I could see how it is not a cheap accersory, but what Kinect titles have sold well? Outside of Dance Central and Kinect Sports, everything else has been meh. Which is ironic because those are the same types of games that sell well on Wii

Why is that ironic? MS clearly marketed Kinect to casual audiences which is an audience the 360 lacked. Wii is a console that appeals mostly to casual audiences.

So its not ironic that Wii and Kinect sell similar games well. It just shows casual gamers like those games.

Recently Completed

Most probably Sony knows motion controls lost their initial hype and now people just accept them when they make sense. So the plan could be to just keep Move alive until it gets cheap enough to be bundled with consoles, starting since PS4 or the last revisions of PS3. PS4 should most probably receive a new version with a camera with depth detection, like Kinect, allowing hands-free games too with more possibilities than the original Eye Toy, by 2013 those cameras should be cheap enough. From then on devs could just choose whether use motion or classic controls or both, depending on which are most suitable, without having to worry about split user bases. Porting of motion control games from and to other platforms would become almost trouble free too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!